collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Week of Mar 30: COVID-19 info, facts & updates  (Read 7234 times)

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
Re: Week of Mar 30: COVID-19 info, facts & updates
« Reply #75 on: April 06, 2020, 04:15:38 PM »
We're having a slight decline in cases (down each day compared to the last). We're still having new ones, but less is always nice. About 12% of cases in PA needed hospitalization and thus far we've been able to keep up with demand. This makes me hopeful although it's too soon to say if there is a true plateauing.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 06, 2020, 07:36:53 PM »
Latest info from where I live. 180 cases, 6 deaths and 25 people recovered.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 07, 2020, 06:06:50 AM »
I believe yesterday was a 12% increase... which is ok, i guess. Obviously it's gonna go up before we go down and we got our start about a month ago?

We are getting produce delivered for the first time on Thursday. I didn't have the best selection, but yay for fruits and veggies. It's a mail order thing -- so it'll come every other week. If we need meat, there's a butcher (who we love) doing curbside. And anything else, should be ok for at least a month or so. So I feel comfy staying in.

The only things we need to go out for is I need to get my dad's medicine... and my dad needs to take his dog to the vet because she has this ongoing cough (months?) that's getting very bad. And maybe a small hospital visit -- or a traveling nurse visit. Not sure yet, I'll know after our telehealth appt today.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #78 on: April 07, 2020, 08:42:56 AM »
PM stable in hospital, under observation, according to Downing St.

Number of UK people tested is slowly going up day by day, number of cases not as high as a few days ago but apparently some issue with some cities not getting their data in on time. Still numbers of new cases are not massively rising which I hope is a good sign lockdown is working. Full UK lockdown began on 23rd March. Vulnerable people self isolating began the week before and we're pretty used to it now and expect it to continue for us. I don't see full lockdown being lifted yet but some questions about it have been asked since it is due to end at Easter and we right now don't have a PM to make the decisions. Still think it will likely be extended by Raab and co as yesterday sounded like the scientists thought that important.

It has been said by scientists here before that we need a solid 13 week lockdown rather than piecemeal ones that allow for second waves. But the economy is also a concern for a lot of people as well.

In my local area I think the borough is up to around 80 cases, deaths are by health trust so not sure as it's combined across the whole wider county. Somewhere around 30 I think overall. Not nice. But much lower than in the West Mids conurbations still.

In personal news we had the washing machine serviced today. They came in full masks and everything, gloves, decontaminated themselves before coming and the whole kitchen before leaving. Never thought I'd say that about British Gas. Parents kept wide distance from them which was matched by the mechanics. But they have to come back because basically the machine is on its last legs and they are going to try and tide it over with an emergency fix so it survives at least till end of lockdown.

I am a bit annoyed by this as it was pretty obvious the machine wasn't working right up to six months ago. And parents decided having the kitchen painted was more urgent.

...But anyway.

Weather in the UK beautiful and sunny today.

Edit: Anyone interested in data breakdowns for the UK, this is the govt's source on that by region.

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/f94c3c90da5b4e9f9a0b19484dd4bb14

If that doesn't work it can also be accessed from the govt's page:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-track-coronavirus-cases
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 09:06:41 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #79 on: April 07, 2020, 09:38:32 AM »
14,504 cases in Florida. 283 deaths.

The governor is basically in "oh [bleep]" mode after hemming and hawing for so long to do something. Just about everything is shut down now except essential services, and unfortunately one of those is churches who of course are having large numbers of people gather.

It's a bad scene in FL right now!

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 07, 2020, 09:58:21 AM »
14,504 cases in Florida. 283 deaths.

The governor is basically in "oh [bleep]" mode after hemming and hawing for so long to do something. Just about everything is shut down now except essential services, and unfortunately one of those is churches who of course are having large numbers of people gather.

It's a bad scene in FL right now!

I can understand why the government doesn't want to get involved since the whole "separation of church and state" thing but I would hope most religious leaders would have the common sense to just have adherents practice at home.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal