collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Random/off topic pony thoughts  (Read 20845 times)

Offline starrynights

• Takara Fakie
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Tinsel Enthusiast, Fakie Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Random/off topic pony thoughts
« Reply #120 on: January 02, 2021, 03:07:03 PM »
I think they're Mini-Me's ala Austin Powers,
I love that idea!  :lol:
I will never not laugh at Mummy Missile Launcher. Someone needs to show off a video of her in action.
The what now?
That sounds hilarious.

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 02, 2021, 03:30:16 PM »
G1 Surprise Twins Mother. She gives birth to tiny twins & they come out of her like, well...
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #122 on: January 02, 2021, 03:50:53 PM »
If Naynie's wasn't in the attic I would happily film the happy event.

Of course, protective goggles may be necessary.

:D
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 03, 2021, 07:53:04 AM »
If Naynie's wasn't in the attic I would happily film the happy event.

Of course, protective goggles may be necessary.

:D

Maybe a kevlar vest, or suit of armor, in the event that they ricochet.  :lol:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 03, 2021, 08:34:22 AM »
I think it's sad we don't have access to the kinds of things for MLP that do exist for other 80s shows.

(not sure how I overlooked this post o.O sorry for replying to such an old post!)

It really is a shame we have basically _nothing_ from the 80s cartoons. (or the G3 cartoons for that matter, I don't think we have much production stuff from those either...? I'll admit that I haven't really looked, I'm less interested in those) Especially when you look at what some shows have...

re: Episodic shows vs continuity based shows - continuity-based cartoons are only recently becoming a big thing. of course there's always been shows with a strong focus on plot/continuity/etc, but basically - networks prefer episodic shows that you can watch in any order, cause they're easier to rerun, and also apparently viewers are more likely to watch reruns for comedies/episodic shows than plot-based ones? I think we're seeing a stronger focus on continuity these days cause so many things are moving to streaming, etc. sorry to open up a topic again so many months later, just rediscovered this thread and wanted to add that x)

We still don't know why Baby Buttons appears in Crunch the Rock Dog, either, and there are at least 2 naming blips in Friends (ignoring the UK/US name differences, there's Score and Lilac, neither of which are actual production names post-release).

I feel like Baby Buttons was just a happy coincidence - . IIRC there's a Baby Wind Whistler near the end of the movie too, it's not the first time they messed up and drew a matching mum/baby pair that didn't "really" exist (except in Baby Buttons' case, she actually did - just not in the US). It's been a while since I've seen that ep, but aren't the other baby ponies in that ep ones that match the adult ponies in the scene? if that makes sense? Or am I mixing it up with "Bright Lights" - I know that one had a couple of scenes where Baby Half Note is swapped out for Baby Lickety-Split cause it seems like the animators just looked at the scene and assumed they were all meant to be matching mum/baby pairs.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 05, 2021, 02:32:43 PM »
I'm a bit bummed that we might not get the baby ponies from BF after all. :(

Offline SpacePinto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 28, 2021, 11:54:48 AM »
I was thinking about My Little Pony Tales recently and I just realized that the fact that Teddy calls his ursid plush toy a "Teddy bear" implies that there was a pony Theodore Roosevelt in this world...
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #127 on: February 28, 2021, 04:09:01 PM »
Either that or in that realm they're named after Teddy himself =o

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 28, 2021, 08:11:28 PM »
Its interesting to me that previous iterations of the cartoons handled friendship better then fim ever did.

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 01, 2021, 04:05:18 AM »
Its interesting to me that previous iterations of the cartoons handled friendship better then fim ever did.
As much as I love FiM and did find it to have beautiful friendship moments... I can probably see what you mean, as the later episodes kind of downplayed the friendship theme, not all of them, but it seemed to be pushed into the background, which is a shame.

There were also episodes that showed the characters falling out for the sake of storyline - I'm not saying friends don't fall out, but it seemed a bit late in their friendships for them to fall out the way they did (e.g. if Rainbow Dash and Rarity were going to fall out for seemingly having no shared interests, it should have happened in Season 2 at the latest, in my opinion.)

That's probably not what you meant, but yeah... I love the friendship in FiM, but was all over the place at times, in my opinion.
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 01, 2021, 05:02:45 AM »

I think that's because in previous gens characters were less exaggerated for comedic and premise-driven effects. In FiM the main pony friends are very different which creates a lot of tention. Good for writing "friendship lesson" plots that FiM was all about. In the real world we'd tell these girls to just stick with their cliques and Pinkie Pie to piss off already ;)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 01, 2021, 06:12:44 AM »

I think that's because in previous gens characters were less exaggerated for comedic and premise-driven effects. In FiM the main pony friends are very different which creates a lot of tention. Good for writing "friendship lesson" plots that FiM was all about. In the real world we'd tell these girls to just stick with their cliques and Pinkie Pie to piss off already ;)

:lol:
We also woulda told Teddy to shove off too.

Offline SpacePinto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 01, 2021, 12:53:50 PM »

I think it's mostly because whenever the topic of friendship came up in older generations, it was usually done in a more organic way, without obligatory in-your-face recaps at the end and without the whole "We need to educate those uncultured non-pony savages who look suspiciously like 1950s racial stereotypes that all of their problems can be solved with friendship" narrative.
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 01, 2021, 01:44:49 PM »

I think it's mostly because whenever the topic of friendship came up in older generations, it was usually done in a more organic way, without obligatory in-your-face recaps at the end and without the whole "We need to educate those uncultured non-pony savages who look suspiciously like 1950s racial stereotypes that all of their problems can be solved with friendship" narrative.
  What episode was that?
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 01, 2021, 01:54:56 PM »
I think mini figures and playsets from RAMC would have been amazing!  Although, I will always prefer the brushables, I still kind of crave the kind of awesome statues like in FIM for RAMC. 

As a kid, ponies with really weird or silly names
Sig art by SquarePeg!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal