collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Random/off topic pony thoughts  (Read 20826 times)

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
Random/off topic pony thoughts
« on: March 27, 2020, 02:13:15 PM »
Sometimes there just isn't a thread for them. What have been your off topic pony thoughts recently?

I've noticed that for some G1 white ponies, the whites of their eyes aren't actually painted. So when they discolor, the white part of their eyes turns brown/yellow. I do not like the look.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Random/off topic pony thoughts
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2020, 02:27:05 PM »
This made me have to get up and check my white ponies to see...most of them are painted, but I don't think my Sugarberry's are. Thankfully she is still fairly white! That's weird.

My random thought is: why, why, WHY did so many children cut the forelocks off of their ponies?!? Who on earth would think that would make them look better? I've seen so many ponies that are in good shape except for an annoying chopped-off forelock. Like, I could rehair that, but if I don't already have that color of hair laying around, is it really worth the expense and trouble? Just one of my pony pet peeves...  :yikes:

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2020, 03:30:11 PM »
I don't know but I've re-haired one or two forelocks in my time as it's just nice to right a wrong. I tend to keep ponies I've fixed and sell the more original condition ones because they don't look any different on the shelf and are harder to re home.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2020, 04:10:22 PM »
I don't know but I've re-haired one or two forelocks in my time as it's just nice to right a wrong. I tend to keep ponies I've fixed and sell the more original condition ones because they don't look any different on the shelf and are harder to re home.

You definitely did a great job on little Ember :)

I wondered how many ponies share names with plants. Today I planted a geum called Lemon Drops' into my garden...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Safflower

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2020, 04:10:57 PM »
Yeah, cut forelocks always make me confused. Personally, quite a few of my ponies have one plug of hair cut off about halfway through at the base of their manes. I have no idea why a child would do that - maybe the episode where the ponies hair got cut off and grew back made them want to see but they were cautious? Or as a way to tell doubles owned by siblings apart?

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2020, 06:35:23 PM »
My Blue Belle came wi a cut fringe & featured in a story like that. As a result I made her a painter & claimed the messy fringe cut was due to getting paint in her fringe!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Shaz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2020, 02:31:21 AM »
I think I've heard that some kids cut their ponies' forelocks so the pony could see better? Which always makes me wonder if one day there will be a lot of those G4 Sia ponies in charity shops with their fringes removed.

My random pony thought: I've been filling in a G4 sticker book and I somehow only just noticed that G4 ponies' hooves are actually smaller than their eyes o_O Am I the only one who finds this weird?!

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2020, 03:44:29 AM »

I wondered how many ponies share names with plants. Today I planted a geum called Lemon Drops' into my garden...

Aaaah! Such a great idea! Ponies and plants. That is such a dreamily pretty Geum. My Favourite in Savanna Sunset, is that also a pony?
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2020, 04:48:02 AM »

Aaaah! Such a great idea! Ponies and plants. That is such a dreamily pretty Geum. My Favourite in Savanna Sunset, is that also a pony?
Savannah Sage is
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2020, 06:05:30 AM »
Yeah, close, but not quite :D (It should be a pony though).

I like geums but this is the first time for me planting this one, it looks very delicate and pretty, though. And yellow, which seems appropriate xD.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Safflower

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2020, 08:20:18 AM »
I've also noticed the eyes on the Dancing Butterflies pose are bigger than other molds.

Plant ponies would make a lovely set :D

I think I've heard that some kids cut their ponies' forelocks so the pony could see better? Which always makes me wonder if one day there will be a lot of those G4 Sia ponies in charity shops with their fringes removed.

My random pony thought: I've been filling in a G4 sticker book and I somehow only just noticed that G4 ponies' hooves are actually smaller than their eyes o_O Am I the only one who finds this weird?!
Hm, we might. I haven't seen a lot of G4s in thrift stores, but I'm sure they will start popping up more as time progresses.

Yeah eyes bigger than hooves are quite weird o.o Makes me wonder about the eye to hoof size ratio for all gens. G1 eyes are small compared to their hooves, G2 a little less, G3 is around the same as G1, and G4 is... yeah.

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2020, 09:57:39 AM »

Offline Bright_Glow

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2020, 01:49:34 PM »
Imaging multi-generation nurs ponies like the adult version of Sweetheart (from MLP Tales) are fighting aganist covid-19.

Thanks to SDS and Valerie for my avie and sigs

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2020, 12:57:52 PM »
I wish this was a sticky thread. :D I often have random pony thoughts that I can't really post in any other topics!

Man, I love the smell of my pony box. It smells like sweet second hand ponies and conditioner (there's a shock, it's exactly what's in the box :P ), which smells like happiness. :happy:

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2020, 01:50:16 PM »
Welcome to the next meeting of Pony Sniffer's Anonymous. :silly:

I don't get the pony smell thing. I either smell something akin to pool floatie plastic, or occasionally rust/mildew/cigarette smoke.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal