collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anyone up for a tea party?  (Read 1258 times)

Offline Thimble

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Anyone up for a tea party?
« on: March 26, 2020, 12:25:06 AM »
So, we're all bored, right? Let's have some silly indoor fun!

General idea:

1. make some (at least one, but 2-3 different kinds recommended, lol) cute  or fancy bite sized tea snacks

2. make some tea! (or the beverage of your choice. If it's in a teacup, it counts, lol.)

3. dress up your table a bit (and yourself, if you want)
    Put down a tablecloth, a pretty place setting, use your fancy china, make a little flower arrangement, whatever you have access to and makes you happy to look at. Follow your own aesthetic, let's see some fun styles! And of course, wear a cute outfit to go with and make it more fun, if you like.

4. Take and upload a photo of your treat!(no selfies required, but if you want to include ponies somehow, hey that sounds fun. )  :biggrin:

(And then we can swap recipes after, lol.)

No time limit, but ideally share your pics sometime this weekend. :)

Anyone interested?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 04:13:41 AM by Thimble »

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone up for a tea party?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2020, 02:12:18 AM »
I: HATE tea.
HATE tiny fragile cups. Mugs like this do me better:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Side 1

Side 2
Don't have a working oven, so you have to show me something I can make without one

If these bends to the rules are accepted I can join in, otherwise sorry nope
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2020, 03:47:00 AM »
Oh this is a really cute idea! ^.^ I’ll have to see what I can throw together!

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline Thimble

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2020, 03:59:23 AM »
Daaaaang.  If I had that mug, I'd never use anything else! LOL.

Yep, this is a 100% use what you got tea party! The "rules" are really just a general theme suggestion. I may use a pokemon mug, myself, lol. The only fancy cup I have is actually a stoneware bowl!

As for recipes, I don't have an oven at all! Tiny apartment blues, haha. I just googled tea party sandwiches. There's all kinds of ideas, and since I'm trying to use up the last bites of this and that, variety works! Or if you have a favorite kind of cracker, you could just make some toppings for those. Store-bought biscuits/cookies=easy works too, lol!  Or cut some toast into 4ths, or cute shapes like hearts, and top them with egg salad or whatever. No need to make a big fuss if you don't want to.  I suggested this because going to fancy tea/coffee shops all over Japan is one of my hobbies, and since right now that's not possible, I thought it would be fun to  do a homegrown experience instead.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 04:07:41 AM by Thimble »

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2020, 04:14:59 AM »
On EBay there was an option for adding your own Custom piccie to a latte mug, & wi all the retro G1 mugs & the big purple TS mug, I thought the G3s were missing out so I grabbed two MLP colouring pages I'd scanned & coloured in, a pic of the MLP logo, & added that as the piccie, & tadaa!!! One MLP latte mug!!!

Glad you say that!!! There's a coffee morning I would go to now & then & it served scones & pancakes, scones are already out for both of us & I have no eggs so pancakes are out too...
I was hoping there would be a way to blend honey wi porridge oats or something then cool it all down for some kind of thing, without it needing an oven, or maybe something else to enjoy like that... that would be a good shot, but yep, sandwiches are a good idea. Another is digestive biscuits (I think you call them plain cookies or something) wi a simple filling inside, like soft cheese, honey or Nutella. Very simple & adds that extra something!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Thimble

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2020, 04:23:15 AM »
Oooh, I have some of those biscuits! I bet I can come up with something to stuff them with...

If you like  raisins, they're a really easy tea sandwich dresser-upper. I love anything that is dried and therefore won't spoil before I get around to used it, lol.

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2020, 04:27:32 AM »
More into dried apricots than raisins, & can't abide sultanas!!! But if it's this weekend & I was out on Tuesday for food, I can't buy anything new now so stuck wi what's in the house.

Offline Thimble

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2020, 04:36:51 AM »
My original plan was to only use everything in the fridge and pantry that is down to the last bit, but I found some cherry blossom soba noodles at the store, so those have been added to the menu.:P How could I turn down weird seasonal noodles, lol? Otherwise, mad science cooking all the way, muahaha!

Offline Thimble

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2020, 06:58:38 AM »
https://imgur.com/a/SvlZ6b2

Cherry blossom viewing, 2020 style, lol.
Had too many recipes that sounded good, so I made a bunch. Ended up not being able to finish the noodles!  :P
Strawberry cream cheese was the hands down favorite, but the ham, cream cheese, and marmalade was also really good. I'll be having that again! I wish my poor Daiso knife were sharp enough to cut cleanly, lol. But hey, messy or not, they still taste good! Next time I'll have two kinds of tea, too.
If you want to join, there's no time limit, this thread can be the perpetual tea party, lol. It's fun way to spend an afternoon. :biggrin:
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 07:02:21 AM by Thimble »

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2020, 04:00:23 AM »
That's so cute, Thimble! And everything looks delicious.

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2020, 04:42:24 AM »
oooh..

I might do this on monday. I have stupid online classes tomorrow

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline Thimble

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2020, 05:41:28 AM »
Good luck with your classes,Tiki.  A nice cuppa in reward sounds like good motivation,  lol.

And thanks Griffin. Afterwards I realized I should have posed a pony in front of the  backdrop,  lol. Ah well, missed opportunity. I decided cucumber sandwiches aren't for me, but the rest was yummy! And I had left overs for today, bonus!

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2020, 06:23:01 AM »
https://imgur.com/a/SvlZ6b2

Cherry blossom viewing, 2020 style, lol.
Had too many recipes that sounded good, so I made a bunch. Ended up not being able to finish the noodles!  :P
Strawberry cream cheese was the hands down favorite, but the ham, cream cheese, and marmalade was also really good. I'll be having that again! I wish my poor Daiso knife were sharp enough to cut cleanly, lol. But hey, messy or not, they still taste good! Next time I'll have two kinds of tea, too.
If you want to join, there's no time limit, this thread can be the perpetual tea party, lol. It's fun way to spend an afternoon. :biggrin:

That bulbasaur mug :heart:

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal