collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Birthflower pony hairstyle  (Read 672 times)

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Birthflower pony hairstyle
« on: March 23, 2020, 03:00:21 PM »
I've decided to clean up a few ponies I got a few years ago in a mixed lot and hadn't gotten around to giving a full spa day.  There are two (G1) birthflower ponies and their hair is a bit tangled-looking, but I think they will be okay with some conditioning and careful combing.  However, I'm not sure how best to style them.  I never had a birthflower pony before and I'm not sure what their original hairstyle was.  I think it was different from the original six, it looks like it is kind of semi-curled?  But I'm not sure if that is just from how they were stored before I got them.  Does anyone have any photos of what their original hairstyle is supposed to look like?   Thanks in advance  :)
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Re: Birthflower pony hairstyle
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2020, 03:03:34 PM »
You're correct, they originally had curly hair!  This is one I used to have that had original curls:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Although the mane was a bit "looser" than they would've been if she'd been brand new. Her tail was almost perfect though.

Pony grooming tip:  Sometimes you can get the hair to reform it's original shape if you run the hair under very hot (but slow-moving) water while scrunching it with your fingers.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 03:07:09 PM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2020, 03:36:09 PM »
Combing curls carefully around your finger or some other similar thing (finger is easiest for me) one by one can also help preserve the original style and not lose it,
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2020, 03:44:43 PM »
My girl has this much curl left in her hair: visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I washed her hair in tepid water, allowed it to curl naturally around my fingers and bandaged it to her head before allowing to dry.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2020, 08:10:55 PM »
You're correct, they originally had curly hair!  This is one I used to have that had original curls:

Although the mane was a bit "looser" than they would've been if she'd been brand new. Her tail was almost perfect though.

Pony grooming tip:  Sometimes you can get the hair to reform it's original shape if you run the hair under very hot (but slow-moving) water while scrunching it with your fingers.

Oh wow, that is much curlier than I guessed from looking at these girls I have.  I'll try to get pics tomorrow but...they look more "lightly wavy."  I wonder if I will be able to salvage much curl at all.  Only time will tell! 

Thanks everyone for your replies!

Post Merge: March 24, 2020, 05:29:01 PM

Okay I did some cleaning and styling with one of these girls (Violet).  If you look at Lily of the Valley, that is how they both were when they came to me.  Violet's tail seemed able to recurl itself without much effort, but her mane doesn't look great yet.  Better than it was!  But not really curly.  I'll try again with that mane I think.  I've done ringlet curls before but never tried recreating these bigger curls before. 

« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 05:29:01 PM by SunPony »
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal