collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Why is your favourite Nirvana, your favourite?  (Read 1957 times)

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
Why is your favourite Nirvana, your favourite?
« on: March 23, 2020, 06:48:41 AM »
Hi ponies,

I would love to hear why your favourite nirvana pony is your favourite? What is it about it that makes it your favourite?

I think right now Milky is my favourite nirvana pony :) a special friend helped me to add her to my collection and I adore making clothes for Milky :)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Love pkw xxx

RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline NightGliderSA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Why is your favourite Nirvana, your favourite?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2020, 06:53:25 AM »
Scandinavian Truly is my favourite Nirvana and in fact favourite pony. She was a gift from my best friend and reminds me of her every time I see her. And because: Truly :)

Offline flutterscotch

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2020, 10:04:24 AM »
I have an Italian Butterscotch, stamped eyes.  She is not the most glamorous or expensive Nirvana out there, but her coloring, white hair and how vibrant her eyes stand out makes her my favorite. Favorite version of a favorite pony.

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2020, 06:25:10 PM »
I have a Buttercream ( Italian Butterscotch) too!!!
But I have two faves: one as she's a unique shade of blue, & the other because she's tied to Easter & my birthday is next to Easter. Dutch Diary Pony, who I call Doodlebook, & Lambaditsa are both special to me for that.

I do also have a soft spot for Nachtlicht... & baby Hopscotch... help!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2020, 07:13:47 AM »
Wonderful choices everyone :) I am delighted to see childhood ponies are peoples favourite too ;)

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline freezestime

• Forever and Always the Prom Queen
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2020, 08:21:39 AM »
My current Nirvana obsession is Pegasus Truly from Brazil! I saw an IG user post her and I really liked her! I like Truly as she matches my aesthetic and finding out she has a pegasus form I went :0!!! Then I found out about Novia again and I think they're at the top of my wishlist atm.
Freezestime's Masterlist! https://bit.ly/3x1te5n
Dedicated G2 thread! https://bit.ly/3vIIJhL
Dedicated G2 V2.0 thread! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,403447.msg1880080/topicseen.html#new
Forgotten Toy lines! [urlhttps://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=395090.150[/url]

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2020, 09:24:46 AM »
Sternenglanz, or German Starshine, has always been my favorite. Celestial ponies and rainbow ponies are my two favorite types of ponies, and she has both! Not to mention her pose is one of my favorites. Her colors are so soft, and her metallic symbol adds a nice detail.

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline flutterscotch

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2020, 11:47:11 AM »
Sternenglanz, or German Starshine, has always been my favorite. Celestial ponies and rainbow ponies are my two favorite types of ponies, and she has both! Not to mention her pose is one of my favorites. Her colors are so soft, and her metallic symbol adds a nice detail.
she's a must have one day for me, probably above the rest of that already fantastic line. She's a nearly perfect pegasus. And it's funny because the standard US release of Starshine is one of my least favorite of the first few years of ponies for some reason.

Offline Leikin

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • https://www.instagram.com/leikinit/
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2020, 09:16:14 AM »
Har to choose, but maybe Greek blur Medley, as I love pink and blue combos (and Medley is a favourite) Its mainly about the colours though. Sadly she is not part of my collection :(

If I choose one I have, I would probably choose Agua Limon. That green body is just popping! Reminds me more of citrus fruits than her actual colours. And, well, because of Lemon Drop :P
Wanted: MOC Geman baby Lemon Drop, MIB baby Lemon Drop with purple stroller, MOC Rainbow Confetti, MOC Euro(NSS) Buttons, ,  and UK carded rainbow ponies.
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,391446.0.html
Follow me and my Collection at https://www.instagram.com/leikinit/

Offline Narah

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2020, 12:39:54 AM »
My favourite nirvanas are piggies because I had them as a child so they bring back so many memories! When I started collecting I bought ponies but I was confused because in my memories the little ponies opened and closed their eyes.
Then suddenly one day I read about piggies and I realised that because I was living in Spain my childhood ponies had been piggies in fact!
I also have more spain and NC ponies that I kept from my childhood but the piggies will always be the most special ones!

Check out my Nirvana collection: http://mylittleponycollection.googlepages.com/

Offline MerryAnvil

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • The Resident Blacksmith Pony
    • View Profile
    • Jordan's Pony Corner
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2020, 08:10:56 PM »
I'm happy to own my favorite Nirvana pony, Mexican Prince Sapphire <3 I think probably the reason he's my favorite is because he was, in fact, the first Nirvana I ever got to see in person (I actually saw him for sale at our local meet, along with Prince Emerald, but I wasn't able to purchase him at the time), and I was completely fascinated. It was like I finally understood why so many people liked Nirvana ponies. I didn't get the draw before but I certainly got it after seeing the Princes in person. And then I got the amazing opportunity to purchase him later on, along with Prince Emerald, and I jumped at the chance!

I think, actually, all three of the Mexican Princes are probably tied as my favorite Nirvanas. I just really love them! That might change later on if I'm ever lucky enough to acquire an Argie (specifically Baby Bows because she's one of my grails for sure) but we'll see ;3

Avatar by Shaiyeh, sig by SquarePeg! <3 Check out my pony website here!

Offline SpacePinto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2020, 09:39:17 AM »
I'm not much into Nirvanas but I really like Brazilian Wind Whistler, because her overall design remains faithful to the original while also offering a new look thanks to using a different pose. In fact, I would go as far as say that Brazilian WW is kind of better than the original because TBH the Whizzer pose has its problems, it's kind of unstable, it appears visually taller than other ponies because of the tiptoeing pose and the neck seems a little too thick, the Surprise pose on the other hand always looks cute no matter what pony.
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2020, 09:49:47 AM »
Brazilian Paradise.

Because as a kid I always wanted Paradise, and she's the only Paradise that comes close to what the UK should have had, as we didn't have SS ponies here. So she's as close to the Paradise I envisaged as a kid, thus she's my favourite Nirvana and one of my most precious treasures.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal