collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Week of Mar 21: COVID-19 info, facts & updates  (Read 15476 times)

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
Re: Week of Mar 21: COVID-19 info, facts & updates
« Reply #105 on: March 25, 2020, 06:27:45 PM »
I’ve been wiping my packages down with Clorox wipes before I open them. Or I just leave them for a few days before I open them.

I just treat anything that comes in the house like a biohazard.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 25, 2020, 06:40:20 PM »
5 more cases today brining the total to 19.

I have to vent a little. Before all of the restrictions my family usually took an elderly neighbor out with us to go walk or to the store if she needed something. Since the restrictions were put in place we have only been going out when necessary. The neighbor called today and said she went out shopping with her cousin and listed several places they went. I was shocked that they don’t seem to care about possibly catching the virus.

Ponyfan

Did they have to go multiple places because she needed things and places were out of them? Of course just her cousin should have gone. Me and my boyfriend needed things so he went by himself when before we would go shopping together. I really wanted to go too but I figured it would be safer that way.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Mareacooda

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 25, 2020, 08:18:16 PM »
At moment in my state 118 case 74 case located one county which today mane city in that county remind public social distance and spell out rules and Express anyone not follow rules will fine $500 each fraction...
So far my county has no reports....
My husband place work had state all remain workers must inform them if they or member of household leave county...  If caught breaking will be dismiss and will not allow back unless clean bill health from Doctor.. ( Talk that gossip that may simple fire ya) ... This so far only essential site in this county doing this.... My friend wife is nurse and they are have all staff before check in for shift prescreening and temp check insure safety public anyone show any sign even raise temp report a doctor to be exam and will not allow back until clean bill health from a doctor.
My Aunt currently stuck in Floridia Walmart park lot due camp ground close but she said that area she in not very populated area and low.. She didn't say if any case in that area.. She just want let me know she safe and ok...
I today when out barn check goats and brush down equines...  I did see few walker on my road which actually most active I see in a while on this road since crisis... I did had people message me on facebook to see if laying hen to sell or milking goats mostly locals I know...
Tomorrow I have run town appt and grab essentials for myself and animals... ( I normal travel to another county for prefer grain my goats like but I grab different brand local for now... I hoping local feed store do get the feed brand I us on my rabbits since they little delicate change than goats/ equine or birds...)
I do know one my friend who Sled Musher hoping that thing return normal in a month she concern that she will run out on formula diet food for her sled dogs that she gets in Canada... 
Both me and her tend have issue travel to proved quality food for animals that do best on!

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #108 on: March 26, 2020, 08:00:52 AM »
Well if this is true its good news.

"Preliminary data from MIT researchers indicate the new coronavirus is not spreading as efficiently in warmer, more humid regions of the world."
https://www.kxan.com/weather/weather-blog/why-friday-could-be-coronavirus-spread-turning-point-in-austin/

But what does that mean for the Fall and Winter? In the 1918 flu epidemic the virus went away during the summer and came back with a vengeance in the fall. At least it could buy us some time to prepare.  I'm really just looking for a ray of hope here.

Isn't florida pretty warm.. and humid?

I'd take it with a grain of salt. Keep doing the social distancing, that's what's needed.

I've been to Daytona and Orlando and froze my butt off; we're talking OMG all the orange trees are gonna die kinda cold. So it just depends on time of year, etc.
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 26, 2020, 08:43:58 AM »

"Preliminary data from MIT researchers indicate the new coronavirus is not spreading as efficiently in warmer, more humid regions of the world."
https://www.kxan.com/weather/weather-blog/why-friday-could-be-coronavirus-spread-turning-point-in-austin/

But what does that mean for the Fall and Winter? In the 1918 flu epidemic the virus went away during the summer and came back with a vengeance in the fall. At least it could buy us some time to prepare.  I'm really just looking for a ray of hope here.

I'd take it with a grain of salt. Keep doing the social distancing, that's what's needed.

I've been to Daytona and Orlando and froze my butt off; we're talking OMG all the orange trees are gonna die kinda cold. So it just depends on time of year, etc.

I guess it's relative.
right now those places are 76 and 77, which is like a pleasant summer day up here. *shrug*

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #110 on: March 26, 2020, 10:16:34 AM »
Without being too political about it, may I just record my extreme disgust that the UK Govt is putting Brexit ahead of the lives of citizens by refusing to join the EU's scheme to make more medical equipment/ventilators etc available. This surely is NOT the time to be drawing borders when everyone is fighting the same battle, and every little helps.

Surely ideologies can be put aside until this business is done with, because people's lives are way more important.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline lonewolf

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Lyra the dance master
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart account
« Reply #111 on: March 26, 2020, 10:25:02 AM »
Well this is it. My county is getting a lockdown order midnight Saturday (even though we haven't had any cases).  And it's around 136 cases statewide now.

I'm the D to the E to the --- and no filly's got the moves like my big wall eyes. I'm De---licious.
Listen to this song while watching my sig: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTi11bFNdMs :P

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #112 on: March 26, 2020, 10:25:56 AM »

I guess it's relative.
right now those places are 76 and 77, which is like a pleasant summer day up here. *shrug*

I've been in Feb for the nascar race, which is in Daytona and I've had to bundle up with blankets and coat/hat, etc. Last time I went we were not really prepaired and Dad actually found some cardboard for us to put at our back to cut down on the cold wind.

Fricking Atlanta, Georgia nascar race is probably the coldest I've ever been at a racetrack.

I think as far as FL goes, it's more like once you get down to the Miami area where it doesn't get that cold. I remember my friend moved back there and that year it got in the 60's and she told me the school teacher FORCED her to put on a coat because she insisted it was cold. LOL!

So it's even relative to where you grew up in what you consider cold, etc.
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #113 on: March 26, 2020, 10:30:39 AM »
1600 cases and counting. Philly has 400 cases, my county has about 1/4 that but it's nothing to sneeze at.
Just heard someone north coughed on a bunch of produce at the store and the grocery store had to throw it out...

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #114 on: March 26, 2020, 11:16:53 AM »
2355 cases, 120 tourists and 28 deaths.

Of course, the highest numbers are in cities that have the drive thru testing being done; Miami, Jacksonville and Orlando. They want to open more but I don't know where.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 26, 2020, 12:18:46 PM »

I have to vent a little. Before all of the restrictions my family usually took an elderly neighbor out with us to go walk or to the store if she needed something. Since the restrictions were put in place we have only been going out when necessary. The neighbor called today and said she went out shopping with her cousin and listed several places they went. I was shocked that they don’t seem to care about possibly catching the virus.

Ponyfan

Did they have to go multiple places because she needed things and places were out of them? Of course just her cousin should have gone. Me and my boyfriend needed things so he went by himself when before we would go shopping together. I really wanted to go too but I figured it would be safer that way.

I think they went out for fun, not because they needed anything.

All non essential medical appointments are cancelled until further notice in my city. Not sure if the order came from the mayor or the governor. My mom had some routine appointments after the shelter in place order was given last week and they were not cancelled.

My job made it official that we won't be compensated for the time that we can't work due to the governor's executive order. I understand their decision and I will be okay because I am already living with my parents and don't make enough income on my own for me to live on my own but hearing my job say that they will not pay us for the time we can't work stings.

Ponyfan     

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 26, 2020, 12:44:19 PM »

Ponyfan

I think they went out for fun, not because they needed anything.

All non essential medical appointments are cancelled until further notice in my city. Not sure if the order came from the mayor or the governor. My mom had some routine appointments after the shelter in place order was given last week and they were not cancelled.

My job made it official that we won't be compensated for the time that we can't work due to the governor's executive order. I understand their decision and I will be okay because I am already living with my parents and don't make enough income on my own for me to live on my own but hearing my job say that they will not pay us for the time we can't work stings.

Ponyfan     

I think it's because they figure you can just file for unemployment.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline lonewolf

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Lyra the dance master
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart account
« Reply #117 on: March 26, 2020, 02:25:26 PM »
My state is now up to 168. Nearly 3,000 tests came back negative. The KC metro area continues to lead the pack.

I'm the D to the E to the --- and no filly's got the moves like my big wall eyes. I'm De---licious.
Listen to this song while watching my sig: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTi11bFNdMs :P

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #118 on: March 26, 2020, 03:14:17 PM »
UK govt have promised (we'll see) to pay 80% of salaries of businesses that apply to them for help over this so they won't have to lay off staff and today made some similar provision for self-employed people (albeit it sounds complex as heck and still requires applying for UC I think in the short term as it won't actually pay out till June...)

Does the US's new stimulus package not do something similar for workers so they can stay in their jobs even if they're not able to work (rather than filing for unemployment)?

Trump is not the clearest at explaining anything but that was kind of what it sounded like he thought it was.

On my earlier comment, apparently now the Govt here suddenly decided they just accidentally 'missed' the EU invite and wouldn't rule out accepting a future one...because they realised the country are not amused by partisan Brexit behaviour in a crisis. Brexit can happen when everyone is healthy - I think only the most nutty Brexiteer would refuse a ventilator because it came originally from the EU store.

And Dyson are making ventilators, subject to safety checks.

London is pretty crazy. Here we still have 2 deaths and now 13 cases confirmed. Over the border in the next administrative area it's 2 deaths, 27 cases. The big concern for us as an area is that the West Mids conurbation is struggling a bit - Wolverhampton, Dudley, Birmingham, Black Country, Sandwell, Walsall etc. All of them are outside my district but all our trains run to/from those places.

Birmingham is 2nd city, with 2nd highest population (1million ish) so it's not surprising but more concerning are the numbers in Wolves which is our closest city.

But we're staying away. Walking today was a bit like when you're playing pokemon and you need a pokemon centre...and you're trying to avoid trainers by ducking out of their way. Every time we saw another person it was like, evasion tactics! But weirdly as everyone was avoiding each other, everyone was saying GOOD MORNING to each other. Which is not something I normally experience. But this is Britain, I wouldn't put it past being a passive aggressive greeting that secretly means 'stay away' - just like 'sorry' generally means 'not sorry because it was your fault, but I'm just polite'.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #119 on: March 26, 2020, 05:13:50 PM »
Without being too political about it, may I just record my extreme disgust that the UK Govt is putting Brexit ahead of the lives of citizens by refusing to join the EU's scheme to make more medical equipment/ventilators etc available. This surely is NOT the time to be drawing borders when everyone is fighting the same battle, and every little helps.

Surely ideologies can be put aside until this business is done with, because people's lives are way more important.

I feel I can't say anything without being political because whichever info, facts or updates I choose to mention now could be seen as politically loaded.  Objectively their actions are based on a cost/benefit analysis where the lives of everyday people are not important. They have said so plainly. I also have to say that many original brexiteers are Tories with private health insurance and won't be short of a ventilator. However it was working class Tories form Northern ex-industrial towns who apparently tipped te balance in the last election. I bet none of them have private medical insurance and I wonder what they are thinking now. Dyson is a crony. And yes it does seem a bit passive-agressive, like saying "I've seen you, don't get in my way" or defensive as in "I'm actively avoiding you, but I'm not scared". Or something IDK. The atmosphere here is horrible anyway. Except when everyone clapped the NHS this evening, or should I say they cried tears of remorse because they've known the NHS is being run down for the last 15 years but looked the other way. I'm sorry, it's so hard to keep this non-political now. It's not the nature of the disease that's news any more, we've had sweeping changes to law thrust through Parliament in the last two days and so many things are changing.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 05:16:07 PM by Artemesia's Garden »
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal