collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Week of Mar 21: COVID-19 info, facts & updates  (Read 15672 times)

Offline lonewolf

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Lyra the dance master
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart account
Re: Week of Mar 21: COVID-19 info, facts & updates
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2020, 05:58:19 AM »
2 new cases popped up in a county next to mine. Both are travel related and not community spread. Nonetheless They're only 35 miles from me.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I'm the D to the E to the --- and no filly's got the moves like my big wall eyes. I'm De---licious.
Listen to this song while watching my sig: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTi11bFNdMs :P

Offline Mareacooda

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2020, 06:53:15 AM »

My concern mostly panic and madness of public...
I also concern lack ignorance rumors spread panic.. I already heard rumors some hospitals not Property testing or give staff proper protection.

Those aren't rumors at all. Those are facts.

There is lack of PPE nationwide, but absolutely in areas that are dealing with it more. And we need to be testing a lot more people, but as of now they can't. Unless by properly you mean they aren't swabbing people correctly? That I haven't heard.

It's not a reason to panic. People have to know these things.

Thank you  that good to know! So much information floating around to know what fact/ or media feed rumors...

Any pony from Europe? No? Then just me I guess.
Anyway the fresh numbers from Hungary:
-Infected: 167
-Healed: 16
- Deaths: 7
-Quarantine: 101
-Tests: 5 515

I'm in self-quarantine since last Thursday (19th March) because my dad got into hospital with pneumonia the day before (18th March) luckily he is much better since than and his tests for Covid19 were negative too. :frolic: :happy:
That's a huge relief but I still have to say at home for 2 weeks as my boss asked because I work in a disability home run by the local Maltaster International.

I have two fears of the recent situation:

1.) There are still lots of elder people are on the street since there is no central lockdown. I think the problem is that the elders don't trust stranger helpers because there were many theft cases in the news not long ago.

2.) I don't want to go deep into politics but our prime minister tries to use out the situation for his own advantage. Do I have to say more?  :yikes:

I seeing on facebook that USA DOJ trying over ride our constitution rights

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2020, 07:16:58 AM »

I also concern lack ignorance rumors spread panic.. I already heard rumors some hospitals not Property testing or give staff proper protection.

There is lack of PPE nationwide, but absolutely in areas that are dealing with it more. And we need to be testing a lot more people, but as of now they can't. Unless by properly you mean they aren't swabbing people correctly? That I haven't heard.

Thank you  that good to know! So much information floating around to know what fact/ or media feed rumors...

Totally, I agree. I personally don't watch the news because I feel it's twisted and makes people panic. I stick the daily press conference from my state.

But in regards to PPE, one thing that is happening in some areas is elective surgeries/procedures are being canceled to save PPE, including for vets and dentists.

Also, there's straight up calls from hospitals for PPE. Even some some asking for masks to be made.

And then in regards to testing. What our country should do is test aggressively -- so we have more accurate numbers including those with mild symptoms. And mild symptoms could mean someone who has bad symptoms, but is just short of being hospitalized. This would mean our numbers for confirmed cases would be closer to accurate, and people could take it more seriously, and quarantine as need be. And take off of work for quarantine. Some places say you can take off if you get a positive test, well hardly anyone can get that, and feel forced to continue to work. 

But people just see "Oh the numbers look low, it's not a serious threat".

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Mareacooda

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2020, 08:17:18 AM »

Totally, I agree. I personally don't watch the news because I feel it's twisted and makes people panic. I stick the daily press conference from my state.

But in regards to PPE, one thing that is happening in some areas is elective surgeries/procedures are being canceled to save PPE, including for vets and dentists.

Also, there's straight up calls from hospitals for PPE. Even some some asking for masks to be made.

And then in regards to testing. What our country should do is test aggressively -- so we have more accurate numbers including those with mild symptoms. And mild symptoms could mean someone who has bad symptoms, but is just short of being hospitalized. This would mean our numbers for confirmed cases would be closer to accurate, and people could take it more seriously, and quarantine as need be. And take off of work for quarantine. Some places say you can take off if you get a positive test, well hardly anyone can get that, and feel forced to continue to work. 

But people just see "Oh the numbers look low, it's not a serious threat".

Also good know rough age group, locations and weather...
Area seems mostly impacted may high consternation people for square area and I know on some bactrica/ virus increase / decrease by enviromental...  Best example years wet/ muggy in my area high % rot in crops, high % worm load and parsites in animals...
It nice to know if any other factors that help educate people protect themselves love ones extra...
One close friends she very scared due she immunity issues and respiratory.. She proun to pneumonia.. Last spell she had last year almost killed her....  I simple talk to on phone/ online make sure she ok...
Luckily she live out country area like myself not over crowding...
Nightmare in big cities with sooo many people and over crowding..  I think maybe why hit China so hard even Italy ..

Offline Thimble

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2020, 09:27:42 AM »
You guys, schools in Japan restart next week. Japan has been *very* lucky so far, but it is way too soon to call it safe, why are they risking this?! The cases are still going up! And Japan has the world's oldest average population!
Hong Kong is already showing what happens when you relax too soon. I am really worried about the people around me. And of course, spring break/cherry blossom season is going strong, so people are ignoring the don't crowd rules....(Japanese style, so everybody has masks and physical contact is not a thing, but still. Cities are crowded.)
In a few weeks, we could be going right back into lock down. Why are people like this. Why can't we just be a bit more patient? Yes, the isolation is horrible, but it's better than the alternative. Argh.

Anyway, everybody over there be safe. Those numbers are scary, but let's all just bear in mind, most cases are mild.
That may be my new mantra for a while, lol.

Offline StarDapple

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Bah Weep Graaagnah Wheep Ni Ni Bong!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2020, 10:15:02 AM »
Oregon is up to 5 deaths and 161 confirmed cases as of Sunday morning.  The governor has suspended any evictions due to the virus affecting people's ability to pay rent.

I am at on day 5 of at home quarantine. I feel better each day but the rain has made my lungs more sensitive.  I really hope I will be ok by the end of the week.

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2020, 12:48:35 PM »
School closures nearby extended for another two weeks. I feel like this is going to go to the end of the school year at this point, it just feels so endless. We're up to April 6th officially announced closed at this point. Another 100 cases confirmed. Six deaths???
We have an official stay at home order in my and neighboring counties. I'm not quite sure what exactly this means yet but we're waiting on more information...

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2020, 01:29:11 PM »
Trying to spend less time watching the news as it's all depressing, but need to vent a little at all the selfish people going out to enjoy the sunshine these last couple of days in defiance of and with full knowledge of the advisory. Just like in Aus and Florida, people think they are better than everyone else.

I think that may mean the country - or some parts of it - may be in lockdown very soon, if not from tonight.

Which is going to make life more difficult for those of us who ARE obeying the rules, and who are already worried enough about the risk posed to loved ones.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2020, 01:33:12 PM »
Schools in my area are hoping the governor doesn't extend the deadline past April 6th but I think that is being overly optimistic at this point as we are very close to a shelter in place order.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Online Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2020, 01:41:01 PM »
Boris Johnson in the UK has released a press event here and I took notes live and forwarded it to my collegues to make them aware if they are on shift.

We are going into lockdown, with police being given powers to fine and disperse gatherings, non-essential shops will be closed, events like weddings and baptisms will be stopped but funerals are exempt, and there are clear areas where people can go outside for essential things plus one form of exercise.

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2020, 01:45:38 PM »
Lady Frostbite beat me to posting it.

It's because people are selfish and won't be told what to do even though it is for the benefit of everyone.

Most of what he said is already what we are doing, I just worry if I go walking with my parents whether we'll get in trouble even though we live together - and don't want to deal with those kinds of situations. Autistic anxiety does not cover explaining self to police in an epidemic when I want to maintain distance.

Someone else died at our local hospital. Both deaths there people in their 40s with underlying health conditions. Unclear if they died of Covid though, just that they tested positive for it.

On a personal note, this confirms that my graduation for my PhD is at the very least postponed.

On a more happy one, at least I don't have to attend my dental check up now, as all nonessential treatment is cancelled. Hoping my teeth behave themselves for once.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 02:24:48 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline cuddlebuggy

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2020, 02:30:33 PM »
I'm in Austin Tx. 79 cases in my county, 566 in the state. Austin will likely order shelter in place tomorrow but there is not going to be a statewide order till it gets worse.
Out schools are preparing to go online after an extended spring break, which is now till April 6th.
Restaurants closed for dine in. Bars and clubs closed on 3/17 at noon. Good call except for the fact that the restaurants had already begun food prep for the day.
Stores have been picked over for weeks but HEB is doing a great job trying to keep shelves stocked. As of yesterday, they were only allowing 20 people in the store at one time. Many items had limits if they did have it. 2 milk products, 2 cartons of eggs, 8 canned soup or canned meat products.
For the most part, my neighborhood has been pretty supportive and offering to help the older people shop or someone was offering up her chickens eggs. I even saw a woman come into the pharmacy looking for alcohol to make hand sanitizer, but they were out. Another woman pulled out a small one from her purse and offered it to the lady! It was sweet.

Thanks to Whippetluv for my sig representing my two girls!

Offline lonewolf

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Lyra the dance master
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart account
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2020, 02:42:19 PM »
My state is up to 82 cases now. The low amount confined to metro areas is why there hasn't been a statewide lockdown yet. Douglass county (Lawrence) is getting a stay at home order tomorrow along with Lyon county (Emporia) which had 2 cases pop up (not community spread). My railfan friend in Emporia who has an autism spectrum disorder is already having this event mess with his mental state. Now he's not going to be able to get out and do the one thing he loves the most (watch trains), which really has me worried.

I'm the D to the E to the --- and no filly's got the moves like my big wall eyes. I'm De---licious.
Listen to this song while watching my sig: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTi11bFNdMs :P

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2020, 02:42:48 PM »
My dad had a email from one of his cousins in New Zealand and he (the cousin) said New Zealand is in lock down, old people like my dad’s Aunt Betty is in isolation now. At least she has her boys (cows) to look after.

No going to the library for me, since it’s going to be closed, just thought of something they’ll be no Summer Reading Challenge this year.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 02:44:31 PM by bright rabbit 1 »

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline Moonbreeze

• Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 nut
    • View Profile
    • My personal site
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2020, 02:45:29 PM »
Boris Johnson in the UK has released a press event here and I took notes live and forwarded it to my collegues to make them aware if they are on shift.

We are going into lockdown, with police being given powers to fine and disperse gatherings, non-essential shops will be closed, events like weddings and baptisms will be stopped but funerals are exempt, and there are clear areas where people can go outside for essential things plus one form of exercise.

The same thing just happened here. Although regular shops are still allowed to be open.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal