collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Ladybird

have her
1 (2.1%)
want her
25 (52.1%)
new to me
5 (10.4%)
thinking a bit more
17 (35.4%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Voting closed: March 24, 2020, 09:16:17 AM

Author Topic: POTD 3/19/2020 Ladybird  (Read 2376 times)

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
Re: POTD 3/19/2020 Ladybird
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2020, 01:43:42 PM »
I would not say no to owning her, she is very cute :)

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2020, 01:47:40 PM »
I love her symbol and pose. I wouldn't own her because she's too valuable and I like to play with my ponies. However I am in the middle of a custom I should definitely finish!
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2020, 03:44:57 PM »
massive big giant WANT if i had the $$$$$$$$ for her and her sister.

im really liking this weeks POTD  ^.^

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Online SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2020, 04:37:12 PM »
She's cute but I don't want her bad enough to pay what I'd probably have to.  I will say I think she would look really cute re-done as a G3 custom.
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2020, 06:09:27 PM »
Would love her as my fave, Lambaditsa, is a bit lonely atm being the only Greek in my collection. Lambaditsa was also my most expensive Pony to date, & my only FB purchase (before I gave up FB). If you feature Lambaditsa, I'll add her piccie
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Goanna

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2020, 06:54:12 PM »
I wish!! She's so pretty! Something about her particular shade of pink is just so gorgeous

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2020, 07:34:24 PM »
I'd love to have her. Cute symbol, pose, and colors. But I'd have to find her at a thrift store for $5.00 or something.  :lol:

Offline SaraMari

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2020, 07:59:21 PM »
I would like to have her as she's so sweet but that would take a bit of saving haha

:heart: :heart: https://www.instagram.com/moonglowdreams  :heart: :heart:

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2020, 10:27:23 PM »
She goes for way more than I could possibly spend any time soon, but I would like her someday. I love her symbol!

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Shaz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2020, 02:26:30 AM »
Someone else, maybe Shaz can confirm but I think the ladybirds are a play on the similarity between Greek terms for the bug and for Easter but I can't quite recall.

I'm here :)

Paschalitsa's name is really interesting (at least if you like languages, which I do!). Pascha is Greek for Easter, so Paschalitsa literally means something like 'little Easter lady'. Ladybirds are symbolic of spring and Easter in Greek culture, so Paschalitsa is also the Greek word for a ladybird. In which case, Ladybird is really the ideal name for her :) (unlike calling Lampaditsa Birthday, which is totally wrong, grr :lol:)

I love Paschalitsa and Lampaditsa because they're just so Greek, if that makes sense. They both reference things associated with Greek Easter (ladybirds, Easter candles), they were sold in red eggs (another Greek Easter tradition). I miss the days when My Little Pony was so different in different countries: names were translated, local traditions were incorporated (like Fizzwhizz Night in the UK comics). I just find it more interesting than the global ubiquity of Pinkie Pie et al.

I would love to own a Greek Easter pony! But the prices are rather scary. Oh well, never say never! I never thought I'd have any Greek ponies at all but I managed to find two babies for acceptable prices :)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2020, 02:31:39 AM »
Someone else, maybe Shaz can confirm but I think the ladybirds are a play on the similarity between Greek terms for the bug and for Easter but I can't quite recall.

Paschalitsa's name is really interesting (at least if you like languages, which I do!). Pascha is Greek for Easter, so Paschalitsa literally means something like 'little Easter lady'. Ladybirds are symbolic of spring and Easter in Greek culture, so Paschalitsa is also the Greek word for a ladybird. In which case, Ladybird is really the ideal name for her :) (unlike calling Lampaditsa Birthday, which is totally wrong, grr :lol:)

Yay :D Thanks for clearing that up :D

I miss the days when My Little Pony was so different in different countries: names were translated, local traditions were incorporated (like Fizzwhizz Night in the UK comics). I just find it more interesting than the global ubiquity of Pinkie Pie et al.

I couldn't agree more. It's the principal appeal of G1 over all other generations for me - that there is so much diversity and so much to investigate and discover...and no sense of uniformity. Even after Europe became more coordinated in around 1990, there are still differences. And ponies had their own regional names. Obviously including UK names.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Moonbreeze

• Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 nut
    • View Profile
    • My personal site
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2020, 03:52:35 AM »
Cute, but not $1000+ cute :P I made her a G2 custom version a while ago.

Offline IceCrystal02

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2020, 03:59:07 AM »
Cute, but not $1000+ cute :P I made her a G2 custom version a while ago.

This. She is cute, but a bit too pink, I love her symbol though. Definitely not worth the money. I love the idea of a sitting pony in an egg, perhaps we'll see a Basic Fun release at some time? Probably not, but we can still hope.  :)

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2020, 04:58:57 AM »

I love Paschalitsa and Lampaditsa because they're just so Greek, if that makes sense. They both reference things associated with Greek Easter (ladybirds, Easter candles), they were sold in red eggs (another Greek Easter tradition). I miss the days when My Little Pony was so different in different countries: names were translated, local traditions were incorporated (like Fizzwhizz Night in the UK comics). I just find it more interesting than the global ubiquity of Pinkie Pie et al.

I would love to own a Greek Easter pony! But the prices are rather scary. Oh well, never say never! I never thought I'd have any Greek ponies at all but I managed to find two babies for acceptable prices :)
Is it defintiely LamPaditsa & not LamBaditsa??? Just asking as the seller of my actual Lambaditsa was from Greece & I'm convinced she spelt the Pony's name wi the B. Definitely not a birthday Pony though. I have a G2 watch & candle set from Greece as well so I know the candle is a big part of Easter over there. So I believe Labaditsa's name would be more Easter Candle than anything if it were to be translated. I still call mine Lambaditsa though.
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2020, 08:14:54 AM »
I never knew the meaning behind her name :O That's adorable, omg. I love it. Thanks for the info, Shaz ^^

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal