collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Things to do in self isolation!  (Read 4593 times)

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Things to do in self isolation!
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2020, 03:52:10 PM »
I'm echoing everyone who said cleaning. Organizing papers, doing fitness, yoga or relaxation techniques; spending time with your pets (if you have them), creative stuff, catching up on movies/shows, calling people on the phone like in ye olden times :P

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2020, 04:00:18 PM »
I'm echoing everyone who said cleaning. Organizing papers, doing fitness, yoga or relaxation techniques; spending time with your pets (if you have them), creative stuff, catching up on movies/shows, calling people on the phone like in ye olden times :P

I also echo the above!

I brought in some plastic troughs and set them up to grow salad near the windows. Lettuce, spring onions and coriander apparently don't need as much light as a lot of crops so I have high hopes.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2020, 04:16:29 PM »
Not quarantined, but hubby now also working from home.  Currently he is brewing beer and mead.  I am dying my hair blue.  Teen is off school for 2 weeks that we know of and is eating everything in site. 
:socks:   :frog:

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2020, 04:18:16 PM »
Not quarantined, but hubby now also working from home.  Currently he is brewing beer and mead.  I am dying my hair blue.  Teen is off school for 2 weeks that we know of and is eating everything in site. 

omg!
I never thought about dying my hair. this feels like the perfect time to be silly with a hair color...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2020, 04:25:58 PM »
We’re kinda quarantined-long story short, schools and stuff are cancelled indefinitely. But...virtual dnd is a thing. I was thinking about running a campaign/session in the near future. If anybody’s interested, I guess you could join to. Just make sure to pm me.
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2020, 05:18:56 PM »
Don't forget you can still go outside as long as you maintain distance. Walking, running, and riding bikes are all feasible options.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2020, 07:12:19 PM »
Get a 1/12 dollhouse kit & build it, then paint it, then use spare bits to make furniture, paint it, then put some Ponies in for a scene. take the piccie & share.
Start/continue writing that story.
Sort your Pony collection logs.
Practise Customising on your McDonald's & Phonies.
Rearrange your collections.
Rearrange your furniture if fit enough.
Draw/colour/sculpt/sew/knit/crochet/ whatever crafty stuff takes your fancy.
Do some jigsaw puzzles.

There are also plenty of free to play games out there if you look them up. They don't have to cost anything if you don't want them to, & can definitely while away the time. Also anybody who said clean or tidy I second them.
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2020, 07:31:58 PM »
Thought about this one --

Maybe if you craft you can sell and donate it to a cause that helps people impacted by the virus.
It could be on a big scale or small scale. Helping someone during this time would be cool!

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2020, 07:59:30 PM »
Get a 1/12 dollhouse kit & build it, then paint it, then use spare bits to make furniture, paint it, then put some Ponies in for a scene. take the piccie & share.
This sounds sooo fun...for now I have to actually work but if I get laid off I'll be tempted for sure!
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2020, 08:03:36 PM »
This sounds sooo fun...for now I have to actually work but if I get laid off I'll be tempted for sure!
It is!!! Turned my first into Cappuccino's Caffe (look in Sanrio thread as Hello Kitty likes it there). My second is the Festive Cottage (Happy Ponies) & I'm working on the third (needs a bit more furniture), the Spooky Cabin, right now.
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline freezestime

• Forever and Always the Prom Queen
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2020, 09:52:15 PM »
New side note! What are your plans in self isolation if not already so, or what are you planning to do so in self isolation already?
Freezestime's Masterlist! https://bit.ly/3x1te5n
Dedicated G2 thread! https://bit.ly/3vIIJhL
Dedicated G2 V2.0 thread! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,403447.msg1880080/topicseen.html#new
Forgotten Toy lines! [urlhttps://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=395090.150[/url]

Offline Shaz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2020, 02:56:34 AM »
We're not quite in isolation yet, but we're definitely heading that way with more and more restrictions being put in place. It will be hardest on my mum, she likes to get out and about; she's pleased that she'll probably still be able to go for bike rides and walks if she avoids people.

My girlfriend and I luckily have quite a range of indoor things to do. We're fairly used to having to spend time at home due to various health conditions (we're just not used to the rest of the country joining in as well!). There's drawing, writing, rearranging the toy collection, taking photos, reading, playing with our cats, watching YouTube, etc etc. We also have big plans to tidy the house from top to bottom, starting with the attic and finishing in the garage! Quite looking forward to getting stuck into that, and if my parents are unable to go to work they can help with it too. We already had a little look in the attic and found the caravan my dad made for my Sylvanians when I was little! It needs some repairs, so that's another fun project.

It's an awful situation at the moment and so scary so we're trying to make the best of it by finding fun things to do.

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2020, 04:11:41 AM »
For me, isolation to my house instead of ever having to get out and work would be the dream. Nearly all of the activities I love to do are at home in my room, and for those that are not, I've foregone a lot of them due to pain from walking, anyway.

In less than 24 hours I have Animal Crossing New Horizons. Hopefully that game doesn't limit what we can do horribly in the beginning like New Leaf did.

|My Collection|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2020, 08:41:22 AM »
I've been
 playing games
Reading
Trimming the dogs
Exercising
Listening to music
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2020, 11:58:20 AM »
Spent a good couple of hours in the garden this afternoon.

So glad to have it :D

Also, my sister and I have this belief that pretty much every situation in life can be summed up by a Blackadder or a Red Dwarf quote/moment.

And they do not disappoint...even for this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zYR1YXOzV0

Sadly not the whole scene but eh. Now debating rewatching RD from scratch.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 12:12:20 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal