collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Coronavirus and quarantine. How are ponies helping you?  (Read 3654 times)

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
Re: Coronavirus and quarantine. How are ponies helping you?
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2020, 08:01:40 AM »
You'd say I have a lot of time now, but strangely enough I can't say that I do. Our daily routine (breakfast, dishes, laundry, dinner, shower, etc.) takes up the whole day, I still haven't done anything special that I've been wanting to do for a long time, which kind of sucks. :P

Although I have been thinking about ponies a lot more lately. I guess when the crap hits the fan, we always go back to what feels safe. ^.^
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline maycrestmom

• Trade Count: (+114)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2020, 12:28:36 PM »
ok so cherries was an easy fix to go from dingy white to a pretty posey yellow :-)

than I am making a baby yellow moondancer...

cotton candy turned orange in the yellow :-)

and I have a blond clover pony (now debating whether to make my irish-pony a red head)

so yeah... staying in meant doing some quick customizing / adding to the herd (hmmm - bought some cool ponies from wonderful arena members so will have that update soon enough)

time in front of a computer supposed to be working instead translates to shopping on ebay etc. for me

loves me dem green ponies (thank you Lunar!)

Offline Ribbs

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • My music
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2020, 01:25:02 PM »
Been buying/selling/restoring like crazy. Ponies are my cure all. :)

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2020, 08:53:01 AM »
My ponies have been in storage for years.  I'd bring a few out every now and then but then they go back in the bins.  I've had to hide my collection, especially 3.5 years ago when I had to sell my house and move in with my parents.  My goal was maybe someday I'd have my own place again and the ponies could be displayed. 
Now, with covid, I'm really scared.  I have health problems, and I can't self isolate.  I work at a vet hospital.  I interact with dozens and dozens of people a day.  Taking their animals from them.  Taking their payment from them.  We try to work as safely as we can.  But we aren't staying six feet apart when you got to take an animal out of someone's arms.  And people aren't staying away.  Sick pets are one thing, but they still want those dang nail trims, no matter what!
So I'm seriously thinking about will I make it through this.  These death rates from Italy, New York and others are scary.  At lunch today the news said the USA could expect possibly 200,000 deaths.  So I want to enjoy my ponies.  I've been switching out my transformers for my ponies.  Transformers going into storage for a nap so the ponies can come out for awhile.  So I'm happy to have them out, but also thinking I should leave a note for my parents to contact someone here on the arena if something were to happen to me, that way my ponies aren't dumped at goodwill or something.
And Ribbs, who posted here above me, can't wait for Oakley to arrive tomorrow!!!  Been wanting him for a long time!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 10:23:25 AM by Gator »

Offline SpacePinto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2020, 11:26:13 AM »
Now, with covid, I'm really scared.  I have health problems, and I can't self isolate.  I work at a vet hospital.  I interact with dozens and dozens of people a day.  Taking their animals from them.  Taking their payment from them.  We try to work as safely as we can.  But we aren't staying six feet apart when you got to take an animal out of someone's arms.  And people aren't staying away.  Sick pets are one thing, but they still want those dang nail trims, no matter what!
So I'm seriously thinking about will I make it through this.  These death rates from Italy, New York and others are scary.  At lunch today the news said the USA could expect possibly 200,000 deaths.  So I want to enjoy my ponies.  I've been switching out my transformers for my ponies.  Transformers going into storage for a nap so the ponies can come out for awhile.  So I'm happy to have them out, but also thinking I should leave a note for my parents to contact someone here on the arena if something were to happen to me, that way my ponies aren't dumped at goodwill or something.

I hope you are okay!
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2020, 07:04:57 AM »
My collections (MLP and kenner littlest pet shop) have been in storage for a few years. lately i've been selling way more than i've been buying. but all of a sudden i have the need to collect again. i bought a couple of billy shelves from ikea and i'm getting my display set up again :) i also bought a few ponies and lps sets :) i have total sellers remorse now but i'm happy to be collecting again.

i first got into collecting back in 2009 when the last financial crisis was happening. i was unemployed and trying to figure out what to do with my life. collecting can feel so grounding when the outside world is chaotic.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline SpacePinto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2020, 12:39:06 PM »
For the past few weeks my go-to tactic for coping with this pandemic has been simply ignoring it completely. I don't check the statistics, I don't watch the news, I don't talk about it with others... It actually feels strangely liberating to be completely oblivious to the situation around you, I haven't felt this peaceful in months.
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2020, 02:11:48 PM »
My husband and I are finally able to watch FiM season 9 so ponies have been helping us get our mind off the pandemic and the other things going on for awhile each night^^

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline orangepeachmango

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Which one's Pink?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2020, 02:37:13 PM »
I've finally gotten around to my custom projects that have been sitting on my desk for celestia knows how long! i have extra time on my hands, so i might as well do something productive LOL

wishlist

Offline maycrestmom

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2020, 03:12:54 PM »
yep :-) me too = customs

trying epoxy sculpt for the first time - truly a lesson in patience IMO

Offline FiddlePhan

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://myworld.ebay.com/specialefxgreetings
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2020, 07:34:09 PM »
I've been doing some pony buying online.   So I have some new pretties to keep my company during lock down.    There are trails near me that I go to for long walks and started taking ponies with me to photograph along the way.   I had posted a few online and people really enjoyed them and started requesting me to do pics of this or that pony.    It cheers me up and cheers others up.
I have been doing  a lot of painting and switched over to doing pony paintings.   Why I never thought of painting ponies before I'll never know but I am loving doing them.   
If anyone wants to see the photos etc I've been posting them on instagram @colouratura1 and Colouratura Customs on FB.   Not an ad, just look and enjoy.  :)  I promise to keep adding more pics and paintings.

Offline maycrestmom

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2020, 08:50:26 PM »
oh post the pictures here if you can? :-) love that you have been able to get out and take photos :-) and that's cool you are also sharing with instagram :-)

really thankful we have so many ways to be connected even through all the siliness of this lockdown

Offline Heelys

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Member of the Aquacadets
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2020, 08:52:35 PM »
During quarantine, I’ve been able to explore the world of customs further and bought a small lot of BBEs to experiment with. Shortly after buying the lot, I actually got my first ever commission from a friend who is all about the line’s spooky little eyes, and wants to play up the macabre factor while also playing into her field of study, anatomy.

So in addition to my own funky and colorful custom ponies, I’ve been working on turning Baby Half Note into a half pony/half skeleton model, and Baby Lickety-Split into a half and half model of a horse’s muscular system.

I’m just now realizing how extra morbid it is that I’m doing them as split down the middle, normal on one side and freaky on the other models while they have names like Half Note and Lickety-Split. I promise it wasn’t on purpose! I hope this isn’t too grim to be forum appropriate! :blush:
Gender? I hardly know 'er!  :biggrin: | PM me about G1 custom or OOAK World's Smallest commissions! ;)

Offline starstrider

• Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pony pride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2020, 01:38:18 AM »
Lockdown gave me the opportunity to start working on my pony room, which has been a delightful diversion during such a stressful time. I'm a nurse so I'm still working as much as I ever did, but aside from going to work I've been housebound for months. Ponies have been a welcome distraction from the stress of work and the frightening state of the world. I've been adding to my collection quite a bit during this pandemic, I'm really grateful for social media's pony groups and eBay. When everything is going to hell in a handbasket, I can still rely on ponies to help make me feel better.

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2020, 06:27:18 AM »
For the past few weeks my go-to tactic for coping with this pandemic has been simply ignoring it completely. I don't check the statistics, I don't watch the news, I don't talk about it with others... It actually feels strangely liberating to be completely oblivious to the situation around you, I haven't felt this peaceful in months.

Ditto this. If I'm stuck in my house, I really have no desire to hear about the politically and 'pandemically' divided world outside my walls. My husband and mother keep trying to make attempts to enlighten me; my mom bought me a local newspaper subscription for my birthday last month and my husband keeps starting conversations about memes and the things his friends/family post on Facebook...I keep telling him to stop, if I wanted to see the content of Facebook I would *have* Facebook, now wouldn't I?

I just want to pretend it's 1986 when I could just let the adults do the worrying.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal