collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Coronavirus and quarantine. How are ponies helping you?  (Read 3653 times)

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Coronavirus and quarantine. How are ponies helping you?
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2020, 06:31:23 AM »
I have a minor cough right now caused by pollen and while my region hasn't ordered house arrest (yet), I am holing myself up as best as I can. Mostly to avoid people getting at me for coughing :rolleyes:

Ponywise, I am using my time to rehair with the knot method while listening to music. It's calming.

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2020, 06:40:08 AM »
I'm not really doing much with them, I've been working from home for the past 4 years so it's kinda business as usual for me.(working at home has been so bad for my depression, overall it makes it hard to do any of my interests)

But I was thinking to do a IG Livestream everyday cleaning or organizing ponies to give people some entertainment

I can identify with this, one week of wfh and I'm a complete wreck. I didn't realise how hard it is to maintain your health when you're stuck in one place all day. I'm not sure what an IG livestream is, but it sounds like a great idea!
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline SpacePinto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2020, 07:12:24 AM »
Sometimes I will take them out for a while to play with, I was also planning to finally do something with their hair while I'm stuck at home, but because of how complicated and stressful it is I'm waiting for the right moment.
Inka Dinka Doo
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2020, 08:20:47 AM »
I work from home and have three kids under the age of seven so there's no shortage of things to do. I have OCD, with the specific fear of spreading germs and accidentally killing my loved ones that way, so the virus stuff is really terrifying to me and making my making my previously well-managed anxiety skyrocket. I had to put my sales on hold because the thought of going to the post office right now, or any other public space, fills me with dread.

But ponies do help. At night I work on pony customs, pony art, and snap photos for my pony-related IG. Every day I get to see beautiful pony pictures here and on IG and it really brightens my day. I've had some fun rearranging my collection lately, too.

Offline RoseNoire

• Scribbles Pony
  • pony count : 243
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2020, 09:31:55 AM »
I'm spending the quarantine in a friend's home instead of my parent's so I don't have my whole collection, I just brought one pony, Tex. He was a big restoration project, my first full rehair and symbol repaint. He has a special place in my heart because of that. He shows me everyday that I can achieve something good.  :blush:

I also brought a custom pony project. He's my most elaborate custom so far, because it has body modifications. So far so good. I can't wait to finish it soon. I've made some progress yesterday and plan on progressing a bit more later this day. ^^

I also have two paper pony buddies. I've drawn them myself and hang around my laptop, so they came with me when I picked up my computer. x)
Rusty/frizzy pony restoration tutorial
Drink'n'wet pony restoration tutorial
G3 Twist and Style petal parlor thorough cleaning
My collection | My drawings
-> Made by Witchvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
-> Made by Starrynights

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2020, 05:53:36 PM »
I work from home and have three kids under the age of seven so there's no shortage of things to do. I have OCD, with the specific fear of spreading germs and accidentally killing my loved ones that way, so the virus stuff is really terrifying to me and making my making my previously well-managed anxiety skyrocket. I had to put my sales on hold because the thought of going to the post office right now, or any other public space, fills me with dread.

But ponies do help. At night I work on pony customs, pony art, and snap photos for my pony-related IG. Every day I get to see beautiful pony pictures here and on IG and it really brightens my day. I've had some fun rearranging my collection lately, too.
That explains a great deal. Just let me know when you're ready xxx
And yep, Pony piccies do cheer everybody up!!! Where's that Happy Ponies thread when we need it???
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Mana Minori

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2020, 08:29:44 PM »
rather than making another topic, related to the coronavirus pandemic, I'll just post this here. I noticed that there are some communities drawing together and helping, whether by playing music or dropping off groceries for their neighbors in these stressful times. My Little Pony has helped all of us in some way, shape or form.
I wonder if, in these dark and chaotic times of pandemic, we can remember that the franchise is not made up of a single generation of fans, friends, and family. The creator of pony as a whole is most susceptible to this virus. Fandom, for the love of Luna, send your support and concern to Bonnie Zacherle!
formerly nightmare muffin

Online Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2020, 05:03:19 PM »
My collection is all packed up but hanging out on the arena has been helpful :)
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2020, 06:28:38 PM »
I have a custom pony all ready to paint but I can't find my "customizing box" with all my paintbrushes in it.  Arrrrgh!  I'm guess this is a good excuse to do a deep clean of the house.  Sooner or later it'll turn up.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2020, 08:33:45 AM »
I was in the process of restoring my surviving childhood ponies; I've gotten most of them cleaned but am still working on it. Right before all this virus stuff shut everything down, I had just taken a load of cleaned ponies over to my mom's house, since we are in the middle of a home remodel and I don't currently have room for all my playsets here. I spent a couple hours at her house setting up a big pony scene in a back bedroom with Paradise Estate and all the freshly washed/styled ponies. I now regret it because I'm separated from them until we are cleared for nonessential travel! I miss looking at them so much!

I have 3 kids under 5 and it's hard to find time to restore ponies while my oldest isn't in school; most days I get 2-3 ponies cleaned, depending on how bad their hair is. I have a couple hairless ponies I'm hoping to try my hand  at rehairing, which would be a great project, but my husband just got laid off and I can't justify putting a big order in for hair right now  :pout: Guess I can just sit and plan the colors I'll choose for their future hair... :satisfied:

Offline Queen Sophie

• Mighty Morphin Power Pony
  • Shy Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2020, 05:57:53 PM »
The same how I would if this wasn’t happening, but I did get my first nirvana ponies! They are both from Peru and they both need to be whiten so that’s what I’m doing!

Offline SpacePinto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2020, 10:46:06 AM »
I bought some chips while venturing outside to do shopping and now I'm planning to have a G1 marathon on DVD, which I think is another good way to cope with ponies
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline amanda34

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2020, 12:18:55 PM »
Like a few of you I too am in a seperate house from my ponies!! Because i'm at my parents house due to all the virus trouble, I only have 3 girls with me as they already lived in my room at my parents house, Tunefull, Windy and Galaxy. they are sat at the side of me and all are shouting a big HELLO!!!

Of course i miss my other ponies and i pray i can get back to seeing them some day soon!!!

Offline maycrestmom

• Trade Count: (+114)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2020, 01:07:26 PM »
hehe today I am doing a yellow dip for some of my projects... pics to follow

loves me dem green ponies (thank you Lunar!)

Offline Fizzy Scrumptious

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Secret Surprise Pony
  • Truly_Scumptious on the MLPTP! <3
    • View Profile
    • Pink Dreams Ponyland
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2020, 01:57:37 PM »
I can relate to the people mentioning how their mental health is not being helped by this quarantine.  >_< My brain's been a fun roller coaster of anxiety these past two weeks. Doesn't help that I work at a grocery store so I can't effectively self-isolate, though I'm grateful to still have a job at all! I've been doing a lot of art and working on my pony website in the meantime, though. My ponies give me projects to focus on, which is helpful :)

:rainbow: they/them :rainbow: | wishlist | art thread
thank you tailrustedtealeaf for the lovely icon and Strawberry Swirl for the left-side adoptable in my sig :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal