collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Coronavirus and quarantine. How are ponies helping you?  (Read 3750 times)

Offline Mana Minori

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Coronavirus and quarantine. How are ponies helping you?
« on: March 17, 2020, 11:14:29 PM »

So because the authorities are calling for people to self quarantine or lockdown whether you have the Coronavirus or not, I find myself facing extreme boredom at home. So I made a video about one of my favorite things- My Little Pony, and the hottest topics being talked about, Coronavirus.
Remember that proper hoof and claw washing is the key to self care in these distressing times!

https://youtu.be/ggBovY4dtVo

Discussion topic:
Since people might be spending more time at home with social isolation being implemented, how are you spending your time involved with ponies? Are you finding yourself with more time giving your herd their spa days? Are you making pony music videos? Are you talking to your family more about your pony interests, now that you may be spending time at home now, more than ever? What pony things are you doing in social isolation?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 11:16:15 PM by nightmare muffin »
formerly nightmare muffin

Offline HollowZero

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Nightmint av by Shenanigans!
    • View Profile
Re: Coronavirus and quarantine. How are ponies helping you?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2020, 04:20:16 PM »
I thankfully still have a job so I'm not stuck in the house. But I do appreciate the Arena being here to take the stress away from all this. Nothing like yapping about ponies. :)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Hello! Please visit my art gallery! Commissions are: open for now

Offline CloudyGlow

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2020, 04:28:56 PM »
I do a lot of fanart. Every day. I've been posting fanart every day. It's the only thing I have any control over, what I can make and share with others.

Offline maycrestmom

• Trade Count: (+114)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2020, 05:47:49 PM »
yep - I am back to "almost" homeschooling (babies are so grown now - 12, 14, 16 - geesh they've outgrown G3s and we have no more FiM to watch... ah well) as their school is doing video/distance learning I'm not doing much other than a bit of supervising so can still get all my conferencing etc. also done from home/office so it's been fun catching up on shows with them, seeing their real-time animations, video game playin and even cookie baking :-)

loves me dem green ponies (thank you Lunar!)

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2020, 06:04:15 PM »
I just like having my ponies around. I have doen quite a lot of sorting out recently but will no doubt carry out a few more restoration tasks and maybe even get onto customs in the near future. I've been quite isolated on and of for years, but like this site and often visit.

Edit: I dug out all of my old collection photos and updated my page: https://florencemeade.com/2018/05/11/i-also-restore-1980s-toys/
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 07:30:58 PM by Artemesia's Garden »
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2020, 06:08:39 PM »
I'm in Seattle and I haven't been outside of the house since last Wednesday.  (Well, in a literal sense I've been outside the house, but only in my backyard.) 

I've finally gotten around to starting some custom projects I'd been planning for a while.  :)

I'm also going to rearrange my pony shelves.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2020, 06:33:33 PM »
They've been giving me something to do. Finally got around to making risers to display everyone! Hopefully I'll have the motivation to style/restore the ones that need it soon.

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline MerryAnvil

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • The Resident Blacksmith Pony
    • View Profile
    • Jordan's Pony Corner
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2020, 06:41:10 PM »
I'm in Oklahoma. I had been planning on going to our local pony meet which would have happened tomorrow, but of course that was postponed because it wouldn't be safe for anyone at this time. Our county now has multiple cases of the virus. My sister still has to work and my mom has to take her since she can't drive, but I've been staying inside the house and only go out to feed and spend time with the barnyard critters (thankfully we're rural so there's no worries about me going outside in our yard). My sister knows how to make bread so she's going to be making some loafs tomorrow, since our stores are all out of bread. My mom has always bought a month or so's worth of meat and frozen it in advance, even before all this started, so we never really have to worry about food. She did all our meat shopping before the serious hoarding began. We also have our lovely, spoiled-rotten chickens who lay tons of eggs for us <3

Ponies have been a wonderful distraction from all the bleakness! I've been working on customs and craft projects including some ponywear I've meant to make for awhile. In addition to that, since the money I had saved for the pony meet won't be seeing use anytime soon, I've bought myself a couple pony things from online! I got a rather large TLC lot in today (don't worry, I used gloves to unbox them in the garage and all the ponies went straight into a bath as soon as they got inside). It entertained me the whole day because they were all rather filthy and had lots of nail polish all over them.

I have a Salty on his way here finally too! Salty has been at the top of my wishlist for awhile <3 I'm also working on restoring my Barnacle. If it stays sunny (fingers crossed!) I'm hoping to give him his third hydrogen peroxide sun soak. I have the sneaking suspicion that this might be the last one he'll need, as he's nearly blue again! After that, I'll get his symbols repainted. I ordered his hair awhile back and it's been sitting at my workbench, just waiting for him to be ready for rehairing. I'm so excited! I also have a ton of other ponies I'm restoring.

In addition to all that, I now need to put up another shelf for my G1s and rearrange my G3s to make more space so that should keep me occupied as well. I'll be able to keep busy for a long, long while!

Avatar by Shaiyeh, sig by SquarePeg! <3 Check out my pony website here!

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2020, 06:52:25 PM »
Pretty much the same way they've always helped me wi ASD, depression & social anxiety: given me something inside the house to make me happy when outside is scary & full of judgement & hatred...
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2020, 08:18:14 PM »
I think the ponies are great companions for me at a time like this. Everywhere seems scary. I at least have the ponies to turn to. Ive been working on sewing crafts and im making a unicorn cake pillow. Im thinking of working on a new custom after the pillow is done. Im trying to take one day at a time.

Offline SaraMari

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2020, 08:39:03 PM »
I'm not really doing much with them, I've been working from home for the past 4 years so it's kinda business as usual for me.(working at home has been so bad for my depression, overall it makes it hard to do any of my interests)

But I was thinking to do a IG Livestream everyday cleaning or organizing ponies to give people some entertainment

:heart: :heart: https://www.instagram.com/moonglowdreams  :heart: :heart:

Offline flutterscotch

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2020, 09:52:22 PM »
I am customizing my huge pile of "to create", mostly personal customs, some customs of ponies that I know I will just never shell out the funds for but want personally for me, but keeping them different (Nachtlicht in her prototype form with the 4 stars and Ice Crystal in a different boy pose). I'm mostly ok, I've been working from home on and off since 2006 and fully on since 2014.

I also take really dumb videos of ponies on my record player spinning around to some thematically appropriate song once in awhile and am trying to do that more because it makes people laugh. instagram itakepicsoftoys

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2020, 11:55:27 PM »
Been brushing mine, and working on a few animations since I’m home all the time now. I have a bunch of shelved/WIP animations for whatever reason (lost motivation/interest, couldn’t figure out how to do what I wanted, etc.) that I’m hoping to revisit, and maybe work on. Or start a new project.
Wanted to go on Monday to the antique mall with my mom. She can hunt for China, I can hunt for ponies. We haven’t spent much time together, and I figured that new ponies would be a nice distraction from all this. I really do dislike shopping, but antique shopping is an exception, and we always have fun doing it. But the antique mall announced today they are closing for the next...well, however long it is for all this to end. Darn...
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline Shaz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2020, 02:39:23 AM »
Ponies and other toys are basically keeping me sane! (Well, as sane as I ever am!) I plan to go through all the ponies I put in storage a while ago and have a gawp at them, put different ones on display etc.

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2020, 03:26:19 AM »
I get to work from home for the next couple weeks (subject to be longer depending on how this all goes) so I appreciate that I can work on different projects for them while I’m home. :) I always do a pony of the day on my instagram, even when I’m in the office, but I hope to keep it up and get some daylight pics now that I don’t have to worry about a commute. I’m also working on making custom necklaces for all of them on my days off! I’d like to rearrange my shelves and give some of my....sadder ponies a spa day if time allows. It’s nice to have a distraction when all the news is on the virus for now.

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal