collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Working from Home Thread  (Read 3384 times)

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
Re: Working from Home Thread
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2020, 05:17:50 AM »
They switched to online teaching back in Feb and I HATE IT.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2020, 05:40:38 AM »
I’m normally work at my local library every Thursday, I didn’t go last Thursday and I’m not going this Thursday. I only help with Rhyme Time. I don’t know when I’m going to go back. I think they might temporarily close the library with all of this going on.

I’ve got both type 1 diabetes (had it since I was three) and thyroid trouble.

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2020, 05:42:23 AM »
Schools are set to close by Wednesday of this week. I'm in an admin building that will remain open, though I am unsure if I will still be at my post of if I'll be sent home to work. Though working from home is a bit difficult when you have no computer nor internet, har har. (Ok, I'd get a chromebook and a wifi hot spot provided...) TBH I'd go bonkers sitting at home.

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2020, 02:42:38 AM »
Welp. Semi-short lived. I think I'm running into the office today to change my password because it's going to expire sometime soon-ish. We can't do that remotely on personal computers... It also gives me an opportunity to grab files I was working on since I was never given that chance. I only take work for 1 day usually. I think the writing on the wall is for businesses to shut down today or tomorrow... so I am fearful I'll get locked out of my computer if I don't do it now.

I did my first virtual meeting yesterday which was weird, but it felt like I wasn't completely away from my team. (videos/pictures spike my anxiety but oh well.)

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2020, 03:26:05 AM »
Oh dear, I gave up for a few days and have taken annual leave until Monday. I just csnt focus at the moment but then I have some other issues going on as well. It's so ingrained in us all to be dutiful, this current situation is so hard because my coping strategies are all messed up and things keep changing. It's really interesting to read what everyone does :)
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2020, 08:35:19 AM »
Unfortunately there is no way my job can be done from home but my husband starts working from home today. He got it all set up last night.

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline Moonbreeze

• Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 nut
    • View Profile
    • My personal site
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2020, 09:13:10 AM »
Working from home too. I got a cold last week, and it's still sort of hovering around and since I have travel an hour by public transport as well, this is all a big no-no.
Fortunately I can do a lot from home. But I have to keep myself from being distracted :P

Offline cyberunicorn

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • show the wind how to fly
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2020, 10:59:30 AM »
Ahhh one minute i am working from home then asked to come in. Now at home again I understand how a boomerang feels haha.

Thiugh it is nice to have been able to speak face to face ( with in safe distance that is) for the last day and a bit

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2020, 12:57:21 PM »
Ahhh one minute i am working from home then asked to come in. Now at home again I understand how a boomerang feels haha.

Thiugh it is nice to have been able to speak face to face ( with in safe distance that is) for the last day and a bit

The advice has confused a lot of managers I think.

Sending lots of good wishes
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline cyberunicorn

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • show the wind how to fly
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2020, 11:12:21 PM »

It has bless him my team leader is doing his best but you can see the pressure he is under to make things work. We are classed as key workers and this time of year is busy normally now this is taking the Micky.

Be fine what do they say keep calm and carry on. Today i am going to try take control of the main team so he can get other stuff done

The advice has confused a lot of managers I think.

Sending lots of good wishes

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2020, 05:14:24 AM »
I (and basically my whole company) have been ordered to work from home a bit more than two weeks ago, shortly after our government has decided to apply restrictions and closed the country down. I hate it. I'm lucky to have a job that can be done from home, and I have already worked part-HO in the previous years (2 days from home, 3 days in the office), which works for me, but I've done full HO in the past, and decided never to do it again. Obviously now I don't have a choice, but I'm really hoping it will be over soon, as I'm starting to heavily miss being able to go out, be out and walk, I also miss people (no, video calls don't help with the aspect I'm missing), part of my privacy (my husband is also working from home, and we're basically in the same room all day), and my claustrophobia is also kicking in (yes, it hits me also in my own home when I can't go out for some time). For now I can mostly keep myself busy, but unfortunately the things I'd like to keep busy with are mostly creative, and if my mind is plagued by claustro-anxiety, the creative part is among the first to shut down, and I either can't do such stuff, or simply don't enjoy them (in which case why would I do them...). I was hoping the extra time I get by not having to get ready and commute to work will let me finish the tons of creative projects I have going on, but instead I more and more often find myself eiter spending the time staring in front of myself like a zombie, or feeling bored, not having the will or the right mindset to do anyting out of the thousands of things I'd normally love to have time for on a normal day :huh: I really need to find a way to keep my head up before the situation gets worse, as I'm pretty sure we have more home office days ahead than what is already behind us :(

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2020, 06:32:28 AM »
if my mind is plagued by claustro-anxiety, the creative part is among the first to shut down, and I either can't do such stuff, or simply don't enjoy them (in which case why would I do them...). I was hoping the extra time I get by not having to get ready and commute to work will let me finish the tons of creative projects I have going on, but instead I more and more often find myself eiter spending the time staring in front of myself like a zombie, or feeling bored, not having the will or the right mindset to do anyting out of the thousands of things I'd normally love to have time for on a normal day

I can completely identify with this and I'm also struggling. I think I need to do some gardening or an exercise vid to keep my body going to keep my mind going...

Offline IceCrystal02

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2020, 06:40:13 AM »
if my mind is plagued by claustro-anxiety, the creative part is among the first to shut down, and I either can't do such stuff, or simply don't enjoy them (in which case why would I do them...). I was hoping the extra time I get by not having to get ready and commute to work will let me finish the tons of creative projects I have going on, but instead I more and more often find myself eiter spending the time staring in front of myself like a zombie, or feeling bored, not having the will or the right mindset to do anyting out of the thousands of things I'd normally love to have time for on a normal day

I can completely identify with this and I'm also struggling. I think I need to do some gardening or an exercise vid to keep my body going to keep my mind going...

Oh yes, I can relate. I've decided gardening is the best I can do, as I really need the fresh air and in our garden, weeds sprout like - well, weeds.  :biggrin:

I still haven't brought myself to exercise on our elliptical trainer though...

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2020, 07:18:51 AM »
I've been working from home since March 11th and it's been great.  I hope I can continue to telework once the pandemic is over because I don't see any sense in sitting in traffic for 40 minutes each way, every day, when I could do the work just as well from home.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2020, 02:09:21 PM »

Oh yes, I can relate. I've decided gardening is the best I can do, as I really need the fresh air and in our garden, weeds sprout like - well, weeds.  :biggrin:

I still haven't brought myself to exercise on our elliptical trainer though...
Sending virtual hugs to both of you! :hug: I hope you can find some peace of mind with the help of nature - it does help me a lot now. Sadly I don't have a garden (I live in the city centre, and normally I love it, as I can sneak away to nature within 30 mins in any direction. With public transport that is - I don't have a car, no use for one here - and that should be avoided now...), but I do have a lot of houseplants, and the number of plants in the flat has just grown significantly in the past week, as a lot of seeds I planted have sprouted! :inlove: I received a bunch of seeds (chili peppers, tomatoes, luffa/loofah) back in February, which (with the exception of the chilies) I plan to rehome in the in-laws' garden - whenever that can happen in the current situation... Right now I am greatly enjoying checking which pots will contain freshly-sprouted babies the next morning, and also observing how the already sprouted ones are growing. They are so cute!

I'm also not very good with exercising... I did manage toget myself to join my company's online yoga classes once a week, but in the current conditions I'd really need more exercise, twice a week at least.

Going back on topic, my company ends its financial year in March, meaning that year-end performance review discussions take place in April. My job involves people management as well, so I'll have to sit down with my direct reports to discuss their yearly performance and the rating they received based on it. As these are rather personal discussions, I was *really* hoping to be able to conduct them in person rather than online - but sadly that wish is not coming true... well, at least I don't have to give out any bad ratings - my peeps are super cool :cool: - so I'm not expecting the discussions to be depressing or negative.

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal