collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Working from Home Thread  (Read 3404 times)

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
Working from Home Thread
« on: March 16, 2020, 12:31:15 AM »
Hi all :waves: is anyone else already fully set up to work from home? I am and therefore still on full duties during lockdown... :sweat:

Although we're not on lockdown here as a country I'm  12 weeks pregnant and if I get a fever it may harm the baby.

Update: I decided to tell people at work that I'm pregnant and arrange cover for the watering at work so I don't have to go in. But I'm still feeling pressure to go in rather than lose experiments. In the meantime I'm sat at home and struggling to concentrate...

Update: Now on lockdown
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 01:58:30 PM by Artemesia's Garden »
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Working from Home Thread
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2020, 06:43:01 AM »
Yep!  But my job is call center based so is the same as if I was in the office.  Have been home for 4 years now.  Jammie pants are the official uniform. 
:socks:   :frog:

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2020, 07:09:00 AM »
Yep!  But my job is call center based so is the same as if I was in the office.  Have been home for 4 years now.  Jammie pants are the official uniform.

Ah that's good! You've already had a lot of practice :)
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2020, 08:07:18 AM »
I'll have classes online if it counts.
I've done online classes at my community college, but instead of having a set time to meet at (like the case is at my current college) it was very self-driven. I liked this and was hoping it'd be similar, but it's not the case. At least I save travel time, I guess? And it is nice to be able to do something else with my hands during class like embroidery because I am a chronic fidgeter.
I do worry for the server capabilities of Zoom though. I'd imagine schools and businesses would use it for meetings because the screen share functionality isn't very clunky.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2020, 11:17:42 AM »
I am at home anyway at the moment. I was hoping to be doing articles and applying for academic jobs from next September but much of my academic field has been cancelled - and I was working from home anyway. I go a bit nuts if I'm stuck in this place too long, so I'm not sure how it's going to work out now. I decided against a trip down to London last week because of the risks and don't regret it, but I'm at home with parents.

Both over 70 with health issues, though pretty active and very independent - I'm basically on the same kind of limiting activity as they are. And this is not the climate for writing or sending academic articles (have two done but yeah, can't really focus on it at present) so I'm looking to the garden to be our saviour.

Plenty of DVDs, things to watch. But if utter boredom is the worst we have to deal with, bring it on. Better 4 months of that than excitement at a hospital. I think if you can avoid risk, avoid risk.

Sister is probably working from home now in Oxford. But she does this from time to time anyway, and wants to.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline flutterscotch

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2020, 11:21:46 AM »
I've worked from home since 2014, so it's not all that different.

I would recommend those of you who work with numbers or numerical data entry and a full keyboard in the office invest in a little number pad peripheral if this is your first extended time stuck to a laptop.

Offline aquamarinemolly

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • ig @aquamarinemolly
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2020, 11:44:51 AM »
I'm working from home this week too, trying to avoid any unnecessary public transit so I set myself up with full remote access last week. I'm still enjoying the novelty, nice tumble into bed for a 20-minute nap instead of leaving the building to get a cup of coffee...but it's only Day One. Hoping that this shift will spur on my creativity!
ISO princess ribbons, vintage pony pins, and UK variant Glow in The Dark mane Princess Sapphire

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2020, 01:12:33 PM »
friday, we were told it was going to be a test for the servers today. But today we got an email that is mandatory now.

I've wasted all day trying to get my computer to work with their internal scripts to run the programs I need to do my job with no luck. u_u;; I already miss everyone and I'm not social at work.

The kid has to stay home from daycare now too. This is going to be an experience! I'm just grateful I have a job for now. We have a bit of savings if things really get bad. (sigh) I'm not going to be happy if my husband works at home too. T__T; He'll drive me insane.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline cyberunicorn

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • show the wind how to fly
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2020, 01:30:07 PM »
This is me as of tomorrow was told on Friday that i was getting set up to work from home with a few others. So have spent the day working with IT to sort out equipment and will try from home in the morning.

Looking forward to it but i have the feeling the novelty will soon were off we are a close team at work and some are taking it hard. Others are getting snappy because they want to do it. Though the first batch of us is a test since it has not one been done in our department before and two on this potential scale before.

Though my alarm to get up is now set at 8.45 for starting at 9 instead of 6.10. ...... bet i am up at the normal time though grumble stupid body clock.

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2020, 02:26:23 PM »
Working from home would actually be an idea situation for me, seeing as I can't drive. I kind of dream of having this kind of job right now, TBH.

|My Collection|

Offline SpacePinto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2020, 02:34:41 PM »
I've worked entirely from home for the past three years, but I still need to go shopping at least once in a while, that's why I'm considering giving Tesco deliveries a try some time soon.
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2020, 02:42:36 PM »
As of this afternoon they sent us all home to work for the rest of the week.  So it'll be lots of spreadsheets for the time being.  I've never officially worked from home, but I did do lots of my graduate research at home, so I'm not too concerned.  Apparently the CDC just recommended at least the next 15 days for people like me but I'm expecting it to go on longer  :huh:
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2020, 03:46:14 PM »
We have a team chat and instant messaging so it does not seem so alone.
:socks:   :frog:

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2020, 10:03:20 PM »
I work at a school as a lunch supervisor. Since schools are now closed, and I don’t have to pick up or drop off my sister...let’s just say I have some uninterrupted free time on my hands once chores are done. Means I have a lot more time for my art...perhaps I should finish all those shelves projects...
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2020, 01:47:55 AM »
I've worked from home since 2014, so it's not all that different.

I would recommend those of you who work with numbers or numerical data entry and a full keyboard in the office invest in a little number pad peripheral if this is your first extended time stuck to a laptop.

Great idea. I already have a USB Keyboard with number pad and a mouse. My screen is a bit small but perched on a  pile of books it's saving my neck. Also lucky that we have a proper office chair in the house.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal