collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Other HQG1C-based Customs by me  (Read 1815 times)

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
Other HQG1C-based Customs by me
« on: March 12, 2020, 12:40:58 AM »
Since HQG1C is in need of support, & I know there are a lot of Customisers on here, many of whom do excellent work, I'm using this thread to showcase all my Customs made from HQG1C blanks & flaws who aren't on other threads.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Here are the first, off of two barely-blue plain blank newborns. Gemino is the blue Boy, while Gemina is the yellow girl. They are part of my Zodiac series, which still needs some baits to complete it.

One of my faves, Made from a head-up glitter blank Sea Pony, is Irukandji here. I painted her fintips purple, dyed her pink, dyed her shell (HQG1C white shell) green, & gave her Retrodolls Destiny purple & glow in the dark hair dyed yellow, as well as the jellyfish symbol on her chest.

Baby Magic Star was Made from a flawed earth Sweet treat Sister. The earth Sweet Treat sisters are white, so can be dyed. Some other white HQG1C Ponies can be dyed too, like Baby Tootsie in green Ponies thread. I'm working on two wingless flutter princesses Made from b-grade white HQG1Cs.

Some of my Tales Boys have been Made wi adult Boy HQG1C blanks too. This is Marshal, off the episode where Patch goes in a balloon

I Made Night Watcher as I figured Sparkle Pony Sky Rocket needed a daughter & Lucky Star needed a friend.

Another barely blue plain blank Newborn  helped me resize a Soft Sleepy Newborn. This one is Newborn Pink Dreams, complete wi the right shade of body & the right shade of hair

One of Vampyre Queen's set is Putrid Pumpkin here, Made from a black HQG1C Boy. His hair is glow in the dark hair I dyed orange, & his symbol paints were mixed wi glow in the dark paint too.

Remember the Pony in Tales who runs the fairground stall??? Well here he is, made from another HQG1C blank Boy. This is Skittle

I know, this is the third time you've seen this piccie, because I haven't yet told you about Little Feather. Her wings are Apoxie, & the stuff actually dyes along wi the HQG1C teeny blank which was her base Pony. Teeny Ponies had no unicorns or pegasi so I had to make. See Little Spark, along wi Vampyre Queen, in green Ponies thread

Another HQG1C plain blank Boy became Top Hat, the mayor of Tales. Still to make his actual top hat, but will get there

Another of Vampyre Queen's set is Tricky Sweet, a glow in the dark blank HQG1C baby Boy I dyed orange & rooted wi purple hair. Like the others, his symbols glow in the dark. Unlike the others, his nose has a glow in the dark sweet painted on it!!!

A plain blank HQG1C Baby Boy (on sale now) was dyed Sapphire Blue & rooted wi pale yellow & glow in the dark white hair, assigned a ribbon & given the accessories he's pictured wi. His name is Little Willie Winkie, & he's one of my Nursery Rhyme Babies

Here he is minus accessories so you can see his symbol, painted wi the same paints as the accessory it represents
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline flutterscotch

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Other HQG1C-based Customs by me
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2020, 01:12:21 PM »
Oh no!  What is happening with HQG1C that they need support? Or is this just an "in general" kinda thing?

I love their blanks, I just need to finish up the few ponies I am working on, including an alt-pose Ice Crystal.

Offline kellybates1993

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2020, 01:36:20 PM »
Ohhh amazing, I recently blew around £250 on hqg1c ponies  :huh: they are just amazing! I got the full artistry girls set that look like flutters and some doubles of them.
I also got a beautiful unicorn called I think it was puppy love or something similar, 2 puppies as the cutie mark.
I just adore all of the ponies they make I hate to think of them going out of business  :cry:
flutter pony addict

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2020, 02:25:51 PM »
I need more blanks of these.  With dying them, do you repaint the eyes of protect them in some way?
:socks:   :frog:

Offline flutterscotch

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2020, 05:31:16 PM »
I need more blanks of these.  With dying them, do you repaint the eyes of protect them in some way?
I dyed a bunch and there was no effect on the eyes, much like the original ponies.

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2020, 05:53:29 PM »
Then I must have done it wrong.  Dyed a g3 red and she got pinkeye.  Lol.
:socks:   :frog:

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2020, 06:39:43 PM »
Red dye is one of the ones where a total eye repaint is needed on plain blanks (glitter blanks take less time to dye so are safe in that regard). I dyed a G3 Scootaloo wi Apoxie hoof tufts red, & the Pony dyed, the Apoxie dyed & the eyes dyed. Repainted white bits & coloured bits!!!

Just dyed

Eyes repainted. His name's Yeoman by the way & Pink Kittywinks made his bandanna specifically for him

I'm glad others are taking inspiration from this thread to do Customs
« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 06:42:20 PM by Ponybookworm »
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline tornadoe

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2020, 04:00:29 AM »
this is one of those "shut up and take my money" moments for me.
Let your heart guide you. It whispers so listen cloesly..

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2020, 07:14:06 AM »
I so want to get some HQG1C ponies but the shipping to U.K is expensive. I need the blank boys and two of the sparkle boys.

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2020, 12:18:58 PM »
I think these are great, but you know this already ;)  I love how Night Watcher turned out, what great colours :)

You get such great results with your dying :bigups:

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal