collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New Pony + Clean-up and a Nirvana?  (Read 1822 times)

Offline SweetRiley

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Beddy Bye Eye Pony
  • Ponies are for everyone <3
    • View Profile
New Pony + Clean-up and a Nirvana?
« on: March 05, 2020, 08:26:09 AM »
Hi again everyone! So yesterday I got Daddy Bright Bouquet in the mail :newpony:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

He was overall very clean and looked nice, but as the seller specified, he had a rattling noise coming from him. I suspected it was the tail washer that had come loose, and since he was suffering a bit of tail rust, I decided to find out.

Yuck! :yikes:
As suspected, his tail washer had rusted and come loose, spreading quite a bit of gross rust inside his body (poor boy). Welp, was nothing to do but give him a helping hand, so I did!

(I fear the day I get a Sea Pony to clean up)

Once he was all clean and dry and had his head back on, I gave him a nice conditioning and left his hair to dry and style over-night!

Done! He looks lovely now and I'm glad I was able to help him out :lovey:

I do have some more to add onto the post, however!
A day or two ago I took a chance at a $3 Peachy, which was described as "unstamped". Curious, I bought her. She came in the mail today and... turned out to be Italian!

Her poor hair...

Now, aside from her being Italian, I'm unsure exactly which variant this is, so if any of you know I'd love to be informed! (and don't worry, I'll clean her up) :good:

Anyway, that's all for this time!
/Riley

Offline lordbunnir

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Drink 'n' Wet Pony
    • View Profile
Re: New Pony + Clean-up and a Nirvana?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2020, 09:15:57 AM »
A three dollar Nirvana - what a lucky find!
According to Peachy's My Little Wiki page, there seems to be four different italian variants of her:
1. Peachy with two hoof stamps
2. Peachy with four hoof stamps
3. Peachy with airbrushed eyes
4. Brown Peachy

It looks to me as if you have the two-hoof-stamp variant :)
wil/taurus/infp
 :good:

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2020, 10:40:19 AM »
Oh he's lovely. His colour has improved so much too since you got all of that horrid rust out. Congratualtions on your nirvana. I'd definitely get the head off and clean to try and stop her plastic deteriorating any more, but since she's nirvana others may disagree. Anyway, she's great too!
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline The_Loner

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • My Little Pony fan
    • View Profile
    • Dream Planet - The Toys
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2020, 11:11:46 AM »
Nice job on Daddy Bright Bouquet, he looks so lovely now! :) And congrats on both of them! There are many subtle variants of Italy Peachy - stamped on two hooves, stamped on 4 hooves, with or without pat. pend., differences in symbol color and in hair. Probably due to different batches.

Offline SweetRiley

• Beddy Bye Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2020, 01:05:31 PM »
A three dollar Nirvana - what a lucky find!
According to Peachy's My Little Wiki page, there seems to be four different italian variants of her:
1. Peachy with two hoof stamps
2. Peachy with four hoof stamps
3. Peachy with airbrushed eyes
4. Brown Peachy

It looks to me as if you have the two-hoof-stamp variant :)

Ah, yeah, I think you're right! :accomplished: Ty!!

Oh he's lovely. His colour has improved so much too since you got all of that horrid rust out. Congratualtions on your nirvana. I'd definitely get the head off and clean to try and stop her plastic deteriorating any more, but since she's nirvana others may disagree. Anyway, she's great too!

Happy I could help him out! :happy:
and yeah, I'm contemplating whether or not I should mess with Peachy or not, my immediate instinct says yes but knowing she's Nirvana is putting me off a little. Hm... choices, choices :yikes:

Nice job on Daddy Bright Bouquet, he looks so lovely now! :) And congrats on both of them! There are many subtle variants of Italy Peachy - stamped on two hooves, stamped on 4 hooves, with or without pat. pend., differences in symbol color and in hair. Probably due to different batches.

Thank you, I'm very happy with them! :lovey:
I didn't quite know Nirvanas varied so much depending on batches, that's useful info, ty!

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2020, 01:11:40 PM »
Nice gets!
Don't worry, Sea Ponies sometimes can have mold, too, so if the rust was a dealbreaker then you're in luck! They're not so bad, though.  :P I just Oxiclean it.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline The_Loner

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • My Little Pony fan
    • View Profile
    • Dream Planet - The Toys
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2020, 02:39:23 PM »
I don't think all nirvanas vary that much but I know Italy Peachy does because I have a lot of different ones. I wouldn't worry about popping her head of it it's necessary :). Even though she's a nirvana she's also very common.

Offline SweetRiley

• Beddy Bye Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2020, 12:53:29 AM »
I don't think all nirvanas vary that much but I know Italy Peachy does because I have a lot of different ones. I wouldn't worry about popping her head of it it's necessary :). Even though she's a nirvana she's also very common.

Ah! I see :good: Nirvanas are pretty confusing but I'm trying my best to understand!
and yeah, I know Italy Peachy isn't very rare, so I'm probably gonna pop her head off and make sure she's all good :happy:

Offline kingluke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • The Great King of Lucia
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2020, 09:11:38 AM »
they both look great <3
Lover of Windwhistler

Offline SweetRiley

• Beddy Bye Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2020, 02:49:18 PM »
Nice gets!
Don't worry, Sea Ponies sometimes can have mold, too, so if the rust was a dealbreaker then you're in luck! They're not so bad, though.  :P I just Oxiclean it.

I fully expect my first Sea Pony to be f u l l of mold when I get one, haha! I really do love the way they look though so I think I can handle the cleaning process for their sake :hope:

they both look great <3

Thank you :lovey:
I'm planning on giving Peachy a nice spa treatment soon, but did just get a lot of ponies in the mail who needed me ASAP :work:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal