collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Where Do You Buy My Little Pony's  (Read 4490 times)

Offline Satin Slipper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
Where Do You Buy My Little Pony's
« on: March 03, 2020, 07:29:38 PM »
Hi,

I buy My Little Pony's at goodwill as well as Toys "R" Us.

I don't really buy from eBay or anything...

Where do you buy My Little Ponys?

*Frolicking Away*

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
Re: Where Do You Buy My Little Pony's
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2020, 07:44:17 PM »
eBay, 2nd Avenue Thrift Stores, other local thrift stores, Target, Walmart, Depop, Goodwill Auctions.
I've never had any luck in Goodwill?
Oh, and here, of course. :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2020, 08:25:09 PM »
eBay, here, and the antique mall in my city. Our goodwills/value villages usually have fakies, which I don’t really collect. Buying ponies on here is nice, because most of us all know what ponies are valued at. We all know, and we all want to help others grow their herds. I’ve done it on eBay twice. Good experiences before I came to the arena, but beware: many over there have no idea what ponies are valued at. Today I saw a lot of five g4 common blind bag ponies priced at 78 dollars there.
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2020, 08:31:35 PM »
Mostly ebay
Sometimes the swapmeet
Occasionally I'll trade for them
When g3 was in full swing (ahh those were good days) I would buy them at TrU and KB
I've bought a few off here and the mlptp
I.occasionally buy g4 from walmart and BF from crackerbarrel and target
I hate buying off amazon. It can go blow.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 09:40:17 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2020, 09:01:24 PM »
Most of mine are eBays. I have used Amazon & other toy sellers for some of them. I mostly shop online though. In the past I have been to offline shops. My first G3s were bought new from shops, while my first G4s came from Entertainment Earth. If things go well here I might start buying from the Arena... Oh & the HQs come directly from their 3 vendors when possible (Clipper, Kat & Pony Business). I did buy once from FB while I was on it (Lambaditsa, paid in two installments & the package was weighted to insure it). Charity shop wise I don't find that much Pony stuff tbh...
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Esbayne

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I can die happy when there's a G1 scented perfume.
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2020, 09:21:50 PM »
Mostly Ebay, as well! And thrifting, of course- lots of thrifting. Very occasionally from members of a FB group- I honestly think I've only done that twice and the second time was today! I can't even think of when or what the other purchase was- honestly it might have even been a MH doll, not even a pony, lol.  I haven't ever bought from anyone from the MLPTP or Arena before (I think I might have once or twice from the MHArena, speaking of MH) and I'd honestly prefer to buy them from the forums and fellow collectors, but in all honesty I just seem to have better luck with scouring auction sites like Ebay, especially because a lot of the ponies I'm after, especially these days, are a bit more rare and obscure and harder to find pop up.

On that same note, SWEET LORD CAN SOMEONE PLEASE CUT ME OFF FROM BUYING PONIES!? HELP!
I just got all mine back after a year in storage (again! Poor ponies. Unfortunately my babies get the crap end of the stick whenever I move.) and since I just got a new, really well paying job, a whole room to myself to keep them in, and it was my birthday last month so I got some extra cash as gifts, I went on quite the shopping spree. I'm very satisfied will all of them and once the last ones get here I plan on making a haul post, but I keep catching myself peeking at Ebay and the sales forums on here and the TP and going "Ohhh I'm just going to looook. Omg I've wanted that one for so long and look at her price!" but I have to stop!
The ponies- they're... CONSUMING MY LIFE! OVERTAKING ME! I'M NOT STRONG ENOUGH TO STOP THEM! OH NO! THEY'RE MIND CONTROLLING ME WITH THEIR SWEET LITTLE FACES! JESUS NO, MY KRYPTONITE!
« Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 10:07:14 PM by Esbayne »

LONG LIVE HEARTSPRINKLE
 https://mh-merch.com/checklist/122/ visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Esbayne on PonyIsland.net as well.
:art: :relaxed: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :frolic: :silly:

Offline RoseNoire

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • pony count : 243
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2020, 09:33:00 PM »
I find them in flea markets and thrift stores. As for the 35th, I found them in "La Fnac", France. I don't seem to find them in Belgium, but I didn't look into it a lot though.
Rusty/frizzy pony restoration tutorial
Drink'n'wet pony restoration tutorial
G3 Twist and Style petal parlor thorough cleaning
My collection | My drawings
-> Made by Witchvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
-> Made by Starrynights

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2020, 09:35:00 PM »
On that same note, SWEET LORD CAN SOMEONE PLEASE CUT ME OFF FROM BUYING PONIES!? HELP!
I just got all mine back after a year in storage (again! Poor ponies. Unfortunately my babies get the crap end of the stick whenever I move.) and since I just got a new, really well paying job, a whole room to myself to keep them in, and it was my birthday last month so I got some extra cash as gifts, I went on quite the shopping spree. I'm very satisfied will all of them and once the last ones get here I plan on making a haul post, but I keep catching myself peeking at Ebay and the sales forums on here and the TP and going "Ohhh I'm just going to looook. Omg I've wanted that one for so long and look at her price!" but I have to stop!
The ponies- they're... CONSUMING MY LIFE! OVERTAKING ME! I'M NOT STRONG ENOUGH TO STOP THEM! OH NO! THEY'RE MIND CONTROLLING ME WITH THEIR SWEET LITTLE FACES! JESUS NO, MY KRYPTONITE!
    Welcome to ponyaddicts anonymous. More than half of all pony collectors suffer from this condition. It is caused b exposure to a my little pony and their cute faces. People with this disease are compelled to spend all money on their ponies and procuring more. There is no known cure. So, instead of funding futile research for a cure, you can support a pony collector through adoption. For just a few dollars a month, you get monthly updates on how your collector is doing, along with a commemorative bag of goodies.  :silly:
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2020, 03:40:19 AM »
In the past, the carboot sale was the main source of a lot of my collection, and also trades with people online, my doubles for theirs, because then there were so many more ponies around. I do very few trades now, sadly. I do more buying and selling, though I am looking for far fewer things and so don't buy as often.

Charity shops and carboot sales still come up with stuff sometimes. More often later gen stuff though. Also the toy fair.

I'd rather buy from a collector here than on ebay but ebay is there if I must.

I buy the retros in store :)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline MerryAnvil

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • The Resident Blacksmith Pony
    • View Profile
    • Jordan's Pony Corner
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2020, 05:43:59 AM »
When looking for older gens I like to thrift for them as much as possible! We have a good five thrift stores in our little town alone. We also have a massive antique mall which is where I find most of my 'in the wild' ponies. There are a couple booths that routinely get new ponies. I'm friendly with the owner of the mall and they let me know when new ones arrive!

I also went to a pony meet last year and goodness...I completed a good chunk of my wishlist just on that one day! I'm looking forward to going again.

When not out thrifting I get most of my deals on eBay and more recently, Mercari. I would love to buy from other collectors more often but I can't resist the allure of hunting for an amazing deal, and fixing up ponies I get cheap in rough condition ;u; My fault ehehehe

Avatar by Shaiyeh, sig by SquarePeg! <3 Check out my pony website here!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2020, 06:25:31 AM »
    Welcome to ponyaddicts anonymous. More than half of all pony collectors suffer from this condition. It is caused b exposure to a my little pony and their cute faces. People with this disease are compelled to spend all money on their ponies and procuring more. There is no known cure. So, instead of funding futile research for a cure, you can support a pony collector through adoption. For just a few dollars a month, you get monthly updates on how your collector is doing, along with a commemorative bag of goodies.  :silly:

:lmao:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2020, 06:38:27 AM »
Mostly eBay. I wish I could find some at Good Will and thrift stores but I never can find any. I've been lucky on Craig's List a couple times. I've bought on here and the MLPTP.

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2020, 07:09:58 AM »
Walmart, Smith's Marketplace (known as Kroger in some places), and the thrift store (called Deseret Industries if anyone is visiting the Utah/Idaho area and looking for places to hunt).  If I am visiting my friend several towns over I will visit Target and Saver's Thrift stores and have had luck there as well.  When I visited my friend in Texas last November we went to Goodwill and had a little luck.

I have also had luck at FanX (Salt Lake's Comic Con) in the past but didn't see the seller there the last two times.  That's where I got my Tex and my pearly Baby Glory along with a few so-softs with mange that deflocked very nicely.

Also sometimes Big Lots, Walgreen's, and Ross will have some!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 04:25:18 PM by Pokeyonekenobie »

Offline OleGrayMane

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
  • A Third Act Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2020, 11:34:13 AM »
Various "thrift" stores or those that liquidate new old stock. For the former, I figure the original, non-collecting audience has had a chance to enjoy them as toys. After that, they can come here for a retirement, although a few get given away. I also enjoy rehabing the toys and re-uniting sets. New old products usually stay in box/on card unless I get duplicates.

Online brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2020, 12:13:54 PM »
Ebay, Etsy and here :)
Sig art by SquarePeg!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal