collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: More Cleaning Questions  (Read 1142 times)

Offline Heelys

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Member of the Aquacadets
    • View Profile
More Cleaning Questions
« on: March 03, 2020, 01:20:51 PM »
I got some great responses to my question about getting dirt out of hard to reach places, so I thought it wouldn't hurt to seek some help with other customizing/restoring conundrums. Maybe I'll just add them to this thread in the future instead of starting new ones if I need more help...

Right now, I'm wondering if anyone has any advice with most effectively removing a pony's factory paint. I used nail polish remover to try and wipe away the yellow symbol/cutie mark from a white vinyl body today, but despite my best scrubbing and use of a Magic Eraser I haven't been able to scrub out the remaining yellow stain. I've read the Pony Preservation Project page, but does anyone have any firsthand experience they can share?

Thank you!
Gender? I hardly know 'er!  :biggrin: | PM me about G1 custom or OOAK World's Smallest commissions! ;)

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
Re: More Cleaning Questions
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2020, 01:35:45 PM »
Stains are tricky but I recommend choose the least harsh method first with patience. For this I'd try magic eraser then applying mineral oil and leaving in a window for a week.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2020, 02:56:16 PM »
What kind of Nail Polish remover was it? What percentage of acetone? I always try to use straight acetone if I can.
Unfortunately, if it is stained from the paint (happens), then you will either have to paint over the stain somehow or try to sunfade it.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2020, 03:26:31 PM »
Mineral oil?  That's new to me.  Just wipe some on then sunfade? 
:socks:   :frog:

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2020, 04:50:36 AM »
Mineral oil?  That's new to me.  Just wipe some on then sunfade?

Yeah I find it can sometimes reduce some inks surprisingly. like some biro
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal