collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What are your favorite G3 sets?  (Read 1915 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
What are your favorite G3 sets?
« on: March 03, 2020, 07:58:09 AM »
Mine are
Jewel Ponies-So far I own Star Dasher, Aurora Mist and Sun Shimmer. My fave is Aurora.

Pegasus in general-So far i own (Decorator) Star Catcher, Silver Glow, Aurora Mist, Royal Rose and Honolulu. My faves are Star Catcher and Aurora.

Seasonal/Holidays- So far I own (Valentine) Sweetie Belle and Chilly Breezes.

Shimmer Ponies-So far I own. Waterfire. She's a fave.

Sunny Scents- So far I own Tropical Surprise. She's my favorite G3 Earth Pony of all time.

Dream Designs-None yet. I want Cloud Climber, Island Delight and Seascape.

Baby Ponies-So far I own Honolulu, Keen Bean and Pink Sunsparkle. Keen Bean is my fave of the 3.

Spring Baskets-None yet. I've got my eye on Wishawhirl and Lavender Cloud.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 10:36:16 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: What are your favorite G3 sets?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2020, 10:16:26 AM »
As someone who came back to ponies very late in to G3 I had to look up most of these. 

Sparkle Ponies

Divine Shines (although I don't love want happens to them)

Sunny Scent Ponies

Super Long Hair Ponies

Unicorn Ponies

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2020, 10:25:50 AM »
The Babies!!!

The Super-Long-Hairs (one of the few types I want ALL of)

The first six 3D Crystal Princess Ponies (Wind Drifter, Royal Bouquet, Daybreak, Star Surprise, Lovey Dovey & Sunny Sparkles). Blushie & Rhapsody Ribbons don't do it for me...

The Dazzle Bright Butterfly Island Ponies

The seasonal Ponies for sure!!!

The unicorns (there should have been so many more of them & I Customise a bunch)

And the gem Ponies

But I like most G3 Ponies really
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2020, 10:37:08 AM »
Super Long Hairs! Like Ponybookworm, they're the one G3 type I would love to have a full set of. (I think I'm missing maybe four, but I'm not sure...)

Otherwise it's more individual ponies from sets rather than whole sets.

I love the unicorns and pegasus ponies. Aurora Mist and Pearly Pie have gorgeous colours, so do some of the others as well, though.

I really like the US TRU Birthflowers but they're expensive so I don't suppose I'll ever collect them all.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2020, 10:49:38 AM »
Super Long Hairs! Like Ponybookworm, they're the one G3 type I would love to have a full set of. (I think I'm missing maybe four, but I'm not sure...)

I love the unicorns and pegasus ponies. Aurora Mist and Pearly Pie have gorgeous colours, so do some of the others as well, though.

I really like the US TRU Birthflowers but they're expensive so I don't suppose I'll ever collect them all.
I only wanted the April one of each set of birthmonth G3s
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2020, 10:50:31 AM »
I think Seasonal/Holidays are my favorites as a whole. 

It's hard to go by sets as there are always a few I love and others in the same set I feel "meh" about.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2020, 10:55:22 AM »

I only wanted the April one of each set of birthmonth G3s

I did the same with February, even though I don't actually like the jewel Feb pony that much. I used to have the jewel for August as well but sold her and kept Feb because she was my birthmonth. I have Feb, Oct and Dec for the Birthflowers but they are all very pretty and I'd love one day to have the whole set. I am less keen on the jewel ones...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline starbritesprinkles

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • The Lyrical Vault | she/her/hers
    • View Profile
    • StarbriteSprinkles
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2020, 06:01:00 PM »
Butterfly Island (2005) is my favorite year, and the Shimmer and Dazzle Bright Ponies are my favorites. I loved the Divine Shine Ponies when they were first released, but most have dulled over time from the plasticizer leakage.

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2020, 10:37:27 PM »
Jewel Ponies - I love the gem symbols! 3D symbols in general are pretty fun. So far I've got Crystal Lace, Gem Blossom, and Twilight Twinkle.
Sparkle Ponies - Less so about the gimmick itself (it's just tinsel in the hair, and glitter on the symbols and muzzles), but there's a lot of ponies in this set with colors I like. I have most of them, just need Blue Mist and Savanna Sage.
Super Long Hair Ponies - I like ponies with long hair... sure they get messy hair easier, but they look beautiful when their hair is nice. I've got Petal Blossom, Aloha Pearl, Blue Dream, Silver Lining, and Dibble Dabble.
Dazzle Bright Ponies - A lot of very beautiful and bright colors in this set! I have Bowtie, Kiwi Tart, and Seaspray so far.
Dream Design Ponies - Once again I like 3D symbols. I have Seascape, Paradise Palms, and Island Delight.
Jewel Birthday Ponies - More 3D/jewel symbols, don't own any yet though.
Shimmer Ponies - Really nice color schemes in this set all around. I've got Waterfire (favorite G3!), Island Rainbow, Shell-Belle, and Strawberry Reef. Two more to go!
Birthflower Ponies - Doesn't really have a gimmick besides the flower symbols, but this set has a lot of color schemes I like. I don't have any yet though, just like with the jewel birthday ones.
Breezies - Cute tiny bug ponies! I've got Honeydew Hum, Meadow Moon, and Azalea Bloom so far. Though I do wish their hair wasn't so out of control.
Crystal Design Ponies - More 3D symbols! I've got Wind Drifter, Sunny Sparkles, and Rhapsody Ribbons so far.
Cutie Cascade Ponies - Cascading symbols are one of my favorite G3 gimmicks, this is one of my favorite of these favorite sets! I have Blushie, Sweet Sparkle, Tulip Twinkle, Morning Glory, Swirly Pop, Fairy Dust, and Twilight Pink so far.
Pegasus Ponies - G3 Pegasi are SO GOOD I want them all. Pegasi I have so far are Star Catcher (first release), Baby Honolu-Loo, Thistle Whistle, Hidden Treasure, Island Delight (I know I mentioned her above but still), Coconut Grove, Royal Rose, Silver Glow, Star Flight, Pearly Pie, Twilight Pink (again mentioned above), Snow'el II, and a couple StarSongs...
Pretty Patterns Ponies - Gradients... more or less cascading symbols. Good set of horses. I have Fancy Free and Midnight Dream.
25th Birthday Celebration Collector Set - Core 7 are usually pretty boring but I like this pack of them, very fancy and beautiful symbol designs. I have Rainbow Dash, Scootaloo, and Toola-Roola from this set so far.

I also like all of the holiday themed sets, such as Winter/Christmas, Halloween, Easter, and Valentine's. Holiday ponies are fun!

G3 had more favorite sets of mine than I realized... very solid generation.

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Pheasant

• She's a daydreamer
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2020, 05:04:52 AM »
I adore G3 as a whole, though the playsets are a key feature for me. I don't really know why (lol) - possibly because they give the generation a setting / bit more personality?

Sadly I've had to sell most of mine due to space restriction, but.... I'll rebuild. Someday.  :lol: As far as ponies go, the unicorns all had nice designs.
Mimic on MLPTP

Offline caseysealia

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2020, 06:33:10 AM »
All  ;)

Offline The_Loner

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • My Little Pony fan
    • View Profile
    • Dream Planet - The Toys
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2020, 11:39:37 AM »
My favorites are the winter ponies, the Dazzle Bright Ponies, the Shimmer Ponies and the ones with gradients. But there are lots of great ponies in this generation! :)

Offline HollowZero

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Nightmint av by Shenanigans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2020, 03:03:21 PM »
The spring Baskets, holidays, jewels, sparkles, man the G3 were a real good generation of ponies.

Hello! Please visit my art gallery! Commissions are: open for now

Online Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2020, 06:33:14 PM »
All of the Butterfly Island line is a huge favorite for me! That was by far the most exciting time in G3 for me. Maybe it’s because I distinctly remember going to KB toys to pick them out with report card money. I could never decide who to get at that time, there were so many I loved! And the butterfly island play set was one of my favorites to play with.

I also really love the jewel ponies, the holiday ponies, and birthstone and birth flower ponies. :)

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2020, 08:32:27 PM »
Pegaus but of course :P
baby ponies I love them to bits.
unicorns because they didnt make as many.
I love cutie cascades and gradients
I love the flower ponies and gem ones.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal