collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hello from Kansas!  (Read 790 times)

Offline ChibiMango

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Beddy Bye Eye Pony
    • View Profile
Hello from Kansas!
« on: February 29, 2020, 03:14:52 PM »
I'm Sami, I'm a 16 year old Kansan and in High School.  Girl but any pronouns are fine.  I'm wanting to try collecting, restoring, and maybe even customizing!

I've been into ponies from a very young age, and got started at Gen 3.  I've found and identified several of my childhood ponies, and I'm trying to restore them a bit.  My younger sibling has a lot of Gen 4 ponies that I might try to restore for them.  I also have a pair of Anniversary Gen 1 rereleases!

I've tried a few times to restore my ponies, but I have never really stored them properly so they always end up going back to the way they were.  Hopefully this time is different!

I think from least to most interested, it would go: Gen 2, Recent Gen 4 (2017 to Present), Gen 3.5, Gen 1, Early Gen 4 (2010 to 2016), Gen 3. 

I split Gen 4 in half because from what I understand there was a redesign of the toyline in 2017 that resulted in mold changes??  Me and my sib mainly have pre-redesign Gen 4s from what I can tell. 

So far for G3 I've found my childhood Daisydotes, Starsong, Fizzypop, Bumblesweet, Hidden Treasure, and Scootaloo, along with a McDonalds Toola Roola.  I also have a G3.5 Cheerilee.  As for Gen 4s, they technically all belong to my sibling but they have a few multiples and I'm considering asking to take the extras.

I also know I have a bald McDonalds Sparkleworks somewhere around the house, and I'm considering making a custom out of her!  When I was little and she still had hair, I named her Rat's Nest because her mane was a mess.  She was one of my favorite ponies to play with!  If I make her a custom I'll probably make her themed around rodents hehe.

Still need to find a place to store these ponies properly.  I might be able to clean my Furby shelf and have them share a shelf, but IDK.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 05:22:28 AM by ChibiMango »

Offline MerryAnvil

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • The Resident Blacksmith Pony
    • View Profile
    • Jordan's Pony Corner
Re: Hello from Kansas!
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2020, 05:58:59 PM »
Hi Sami! Welcome to the Arena, I hope you have a lovely time here and that you enjoy exploring the hobby. Collecting and restoring is a lot of fun, and very rewarding!

I was also a Gen 3 kid! That's great that you're restoring and identifying your childhood ponies. Ahh the Basic Fun Anniversary ponies are so wonderful too! It sounds like your herd's off to a great start as well.

Aww Rat's Nest would be a great name for a rodent-themed custom! What a neat idea  :happy:

I'm not sure how close to the Oklahoma border you are, but if this ever interests you and your parents are alright with it, we have a lovely Facebook group here that hosts pony meets! There's one coming up in March, I believe it's the 21st. I was fortunate enough to attend the one they held last year and it was truly amazing, very family friendly and a lot of fun, and tons of great ponies for sale.

Anyhow, I hope you have a wonderful time here and I hope to see you and your collection around! <3
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avatar by Shaiyeh, sig by SquarePeg! <3 Check out my pony website here!

Offline Satin Slipper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2020, 09:30:32 AM »
Welcome And Good Luck In High School!!!
*Frolicking Away*

Online Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2020, 10:25:39 PM »
Hi and Welcome to the Arena!
Have fun with us nutters here! :heart:

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2020, 07:55:02 AM »
Welcome to the arena! :)

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2020, 10:54:00 PM »

Welcome to the Arena :frolic:

Have a wonderful time exploring the forum!

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2020, 01:15:47 AM »
Welcome to the Arena, ChibiMango!

I hope you try customising, it's what first brought me into the world of MLP and it's so much fun! Rat's Nest is a great name and I'd love to see a rodent themed custom.

See you around! :happy:

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal