collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Which 4 ponies would you like to see in a TE set?

Fizzy
71 (19.9%)
Whizzer
28 (7.8%)
Gingerbread
60 (16.8%)
Galaxy
55 (15.4%)
Masquerade
47 (13.2%)
Sweet Stuff
31 (8.7%)
Speedy
26 (7.3%)
Sky Rocket (TE)
13 (3.6%)
Sweet Pop
26 (7.3%)

Total Members Voted: 95

Author Topic: If Basic Fun made a set of four TE ponies, who would you want them to be?  (Read 13211 times)

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
Re: If Basic Fun made a set of four TE ponies, who would you want them to be?
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2020, 02:51:27 AM »
Fizzy and Galaxy for sure.  I picked Masquerade over Whizzer because I like her color scheme.  Maybe should have gone with Gingerbread instead of Sweet Stuff.  I forgot what a pain finding white ponies was.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline NightGliderSA

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 29, 2020, 11:03:36 AM »
I voted for Gingerbread, Sweet Stuff and Sweet Pop (all difficult to get in good condition). And Fizzy because: Fizzy.

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 29, 2020, 01:35:36 PM »
I think Fizzy is a shoe-in when they get to Twinkle Eyes.  Between the show in the U.S. and her important role in the comics in the U.K., she's too popular not to include.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline BlushingBlue

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 29, 2020, 04:54:41 PM »
I simply voted my personal favorites in the poll: Gingerbread, Galaxy, and Masquerade, and flipped a coin between Fizzy and Sweet Stuff for 4th place. :P

Thinking realistically, if Basic Fun follows their established pattern, we would get two ponies in an earth mold and two in a pegasus mold, with two unicorns to follow in a second wave. Galaxy and Fizzy for the unicorns is the obvious choice from both adult/nostalgia and kid/shelf-appeal standpoints, and only Masquerade and Sweet Pop share a mold for the pegasi so that's a no-brainer. For the earth ponies, it could be Gingerbread and Sky Rocket based on their colors, but Sweet Stuff is also a strong contender.

Honestly, I would love to see all nine, especially without the discoloration issues of the originals!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal