collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Which 4 ponies would you like to see in a TE set?

Fizzy
71 (19.9%)
Whizzer
28 (7.8%)
Gingerbread
60 (16.8%)
Galaxy
55 (15.4%)
Masquerade
47 (13.2%)
Sweet Stuff
31 (8.7%)
Speedy
26 (7.3%)
Sky Rocket (TE)
13 (3.6%)
Sweet Pop
26 (7.3%)

Total Members Voted: 95

Author Topic: If Basic Fun made a set of four TE ponies, who would you want them to be?  (Read 13228 times)

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Re: If Basic Fun made a set of four TE ponies, who would you want them to be?
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2020, 11:48:37 AM »
Keep the votes coming!  I'm going to mail the results to Basic Fun when I'm done.  :P  I don't know if they will even make this set but . . . can't hurt to tell them our favorites, right? 

And don't worry, I'll make that Year 5 TE poll too!
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Lilja

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2020, 11:59:49 AM »
If production costs are an issue, I don't think they'd put out three new molds at once in one set (only time that happened was with the first Rainbow set). So it'd have to be Fizzy, Galaxy, Gingerbread and Sweet Stuff. Too bad for the pegasi, but I think that's a fine lineup. Fizzy and Gingerbread are musts in any case. And hopefully they can add the other two later, like they did for the second Rainbow set. And maaaaybe will do for the second unicorn/pegasi set, if we're lucky...? (I don't think they've confirmed it either way. But so far they haven't left any set incomplete).

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2020, 01:26:56 PM »
I know it wouldn't happen, but I would love Gingerbread and Sweet Stuff in different poses.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Serelagatta

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bratz Pony
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2020, 01:33:04 PM »
I voted Sky Rocket (TE), Sweet Pop, Speedy and Whizzer  :)
I would love to buy them, especially Sweet Pop, I love her colors, she is one of my favorite!
Also I would like to see Quackers and Wind Whistler :blush:

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2020, 05:08:17 PM »
My first three were easy picks - Fizzy (sister's first pony) Masquerade (my childhood pony) and Gingerbread (because she's never white!)

I was really torn because I wanted to select Sweetie as well, but for two reasons I went with Sweet Pop as my fourth.

Reason 1 - Sweet Pop was never available here, so it would be lovely to see her. I really like her colours.
Reason 2 - The name Sweet Stuff is offputting and I would be less keen to see that on a box, because it wasn't what I grew up with.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2020, 05:36:15 PM »
My first three were easy picks - Fizzy (sister's first pony) Masquerade (my childhood pony) and Gingerbread (because she's never white!)

I was really torn because I wanted to select Sweetie as well, but for two reasons I went with Sweet Pop as my fourth.

Reason 1 - Sweet Pop was never available here, so it would be lovely to see her. I really like her colours.
Reason 2 - The name Sweet Stuff is offputting and I would be less keen to see that on a box, because it wasn't what I grew up with.

Sweet Pop is an underrated beauty.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline hilamb

• Myrskyisä yö poni
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2020, 11:13:51 PM »
Fizzy, Galaxy, Whizzer and Masqurade.  ^.^

Thank you :heart:

Offline Shaz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2020, 01:17:55 AM »
I'm not that interested in buying Basic Fun ponies myself, but these are the ones I think would sell best:

Fizzy - I think she's one of the most well-known and iconic ponies, probably because she featured so prominently in the cartoon.
Sweetstuff - Another who featured prominently in the cartoon. I imagine a lot of UK people know her as Sweetstuff rather than Sweetie because of this.
Masquerade - A fairly unique colour scheme, she was prominent in the cartoon and the comic so she would tap into people's nostalgia.
Galaxy - Again, she was in the cartoon so a lot of people would remember her fondly. Also, unicorns sell!

Offline SpacePinto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2020, 02:19:46 AM »
It was very hard to choose just four, so I just went with Fizzy, Whizzer, Masquarade and Sweet Stuff, although I believe Gingerbread and Galaxy also deserved to be picked.
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2020, 09:14:55 AM »
Fizzy, Galaxy and Sweet Stuff, because they're my favourite Twinkle Eyes. And then Gingerbread, because I kept coming back to her while trying to pick a fourth :)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2020, 09:26:49 AM »
I'm not that interested in buying Basic Fun ponies myself, but these are the ones I think would sell best:

Fizzy - I think she's one of the most well-known and iconic ponies, probably because she featured so prominently in the cartoon.
Sweetstuff - Another who featured prominently in the cartoon. I imagine a lot of UK people know her as Sweetstuff rather than Sweetie because of this.
Masquerade - A fairly unique colour scheme, she was prominent in the cartoon and the comic so she would tap into people's nostalgia.
Galaxy - Again, she was in the cartoon so a lot of people would remember her fondly. Also, unicorns sell!

Eh, I don't think so. The cartoon wasn't that prominent here in the eighties compared to the comics. I had the VHS of Sweet Stuff and the Treasure Hunt as a kid and I disconnected from it a bit because I knew the name was 'wrong' even as a six or seven year old. Sweetie was sold here for 2 years with that name on her card, whereas the TV show didn't air here until 1995, they were just on VHS. The comics ran from 1985 to 1993 and she was quite prominent in them between 86 and 87 because she was sold across those two years (she's part of our '1987' set, even if she isn't in the US set.

Most UK collectors who use the US names now do so because of online ID sites or info found as adult collectors, rather than because they were influenced to as a child (though there are probably some exceptions).

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Online brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2020, 10:12:08 AM »
Fizzy is one of the prettiest TE.  But I'd love to see year 5 ponies.  Mimic and Quackers are my favorite twinkles.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Adarkdraconis

• Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2020, 12:50:31 PM »
Also I would like to see Quackers and Wind Whistler :blush:

Wind Whistler, yes please!!!
:cold:

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2020, 11:09:01 PM »
I voted Galaxy & Whizzer as I used to have them, Fizzy as we need more love for green Ponies, & Sweet Pop as my fave colour is blue

On the Wind Whistler topic: Buttons, Wind Whistler, Shady & Magic Star please
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Shaz

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2020, 01:57:22 AM »

Eh, I don't think so. The cartoon wasn't that prominent here in the eighties compared to the comics. I had the VHS of Sweet Stuff and the Treasure Hunt as a kid and I disconnected from it a bit because I knew the name was 'wrong' even as a six or seven year old. Sweetie was sold here for 2 years with that name on her card, whereas the TV show didn't air here until 1995, they were just on VHS. The comics ran from 1985 to 1993 and she was quite prominent in them between 86 and 87 because she was sold across those two years (she's part of our '1987' set, even if she isn't in the US set.

Most UK collectors who use the US names now do so because of online ID sites or info found as adult collectors, rather than because they were influenced to as a child (though there are probably some exceptions).

Ah, sorry. My girlfriend always calls Sweetie Sweetstuff because of the cartoon so I was probably generalising from that. But she grew up in the 90s so obviously the comic was over and I think she saw the cartoon on VHS before she ever found any annuals/the fact file.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal