collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Barbie Horse? Anyone?  (Read 8290 times)

Offline ColdRuru

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Re: Barbie Horse? Anyone?
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2020, 04:15:10 AM »
Thanks for yours kind returns!
If you've got horses, share it there too, everyone is welcome!

I thinks that the western horse never came to the EU, so I'm not sure I would have one.
Also, yes thoses horses are fabulous, I'm really ashammed they are now so ugly. Mattel missed somethin' at a certain point.

Beautiful! Your photos are magnificent! Do you print all those perfect backgrounds? Or is it photoshopped?
I have some of those too but they don't look half as nice as yours.

My background are prints, the floors are artificials ones.
The picture with the dream carriage, harnessed to two horse is all real, it was taken in the garden.

Barbie horse are difficult to found in great shape, for sure.

Here's my "ponies", they where released in 1998 with the walking beauty.
Appaloosa is Sassy, Cremello is Sweety and Palomino is Baby.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Violet (Blossom Beauties, 2002)

Also, I've got some other animals:

Swanns:

Chickens:

Cow (more a calf to me):

Goat:

Sheeps:

Rabbits:

Pig:

Cats:

Fawn:

Fox:

I'dd like more of them, but they are HTF.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 07:10:16 AM by ColdRuru »

Blog / Facebook Page

Offline BubbleTea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Must Collect Horses
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2020, 11:49:56 PM »
Your farm animals are gorgeous!
Sigs by SquarePeg and starrynights
:nerdy: :nerdy: :nerdy:

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2020, 03:31:42 AM »
Gorgeous! Looking at your photos makes me so happy!

Offline The_Loner

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • My Little Pony fan
    • View Profile
    • Dream Planet - The Toys
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2020, 12:58:21 PM »
I love all your photos!! And you have a great collection! I only have one actual Barbie horse and that is Sun Runner, but it's not in the best condition and is missing almost all accessories.

Offline ColdRuru

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2020, 09:38:59 AM »
Thanks you so much everyone!
I always try to do the best pictures I can, so I'm glad you like them!

I can finish with my "non" Barbie horses  :biggrin:

Maximus, Raiponce's horse.

Angus, Merida's horse.

Swift Wind :biggrin:

Original from the 80's

Netflix reboot:

MOTU classics:

Lady Lovely Lock's horse, who's on a Barbie pony mold:

Bratz appaloosa horses, from the Wild Wild West serie

Kid Kore appaloosa:

"Blue Box" horse & carriage:

Also I've got tons of Fashion Star Fillies & Grand Champion horses :)

Blog / Facebook Page

Offline Thimble

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2020, 12:43:02 PM »
I agree, her photo technique is fabulous. I love all the variety in the ground surfaces, too.

Pretty sure I had a Dallas from the eighties. I only had the one Barbie horse, and it didn't have poseable legs...hmm. I was more into ponies and Breyers, maybe I had something against the legs, lol. I can remember being annoyed by the loose joints on my friends horse. But they are really cute, now that I'm looking with a collector's eye, and not a playability perspective...
Oh! Silkymane! I adored her. She still has pride of place on my shelf. That hair was everything I ever dreamed of, lol.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 12:52:33 PM by Thimble »

Offline ColdRuru

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2020, 02:47:04 AM »
Those are my pictures, to be honest I didn't have that much grounds... Two different color or grass, one sand and one snow.

May I ask you if you where in Japan? I'dd be curious to know how much Barbie horse and Breyer are known there.
Also, as a Kid I really liked the things that where poseable but as collector, I like the other better. But in the end both are fun to play, it depends on what you like ;).
My silkymane come from a fleamarket and isn't in the best shape, saddly :blush:

Blog / Facebook Page

Offline amanda34

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2020, 12:17:31 PM »
Oh WOW all your Barbie and other horses and animals are fantastic!

I had Prancer Prince as a child and Dallas, Both so very beautiful!! My Dallas has the articulated legs, I also had Sindy horses by Pedigree, I love collecting dolls horses, there is something so very nostalgic for me.

I have Snowball the dog or Fluffy as i call him! and Beauty barbies lovely Afghan. Infact i have quite a few Beauty's as i love her so much! I got my first in 1980 as a child. Lovely times and lovely playtime memories, too!

Any way thank you for all the lovely photo's, what with the world as it is at the moment, I have really destressed looking at this thread! :) THANK YOU!!

Offline Thimble

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2020, 01:57:41 AM »
No, I first came to Japan in  college. (2000ish )Not sure about vintage days, but lately there's a fair bit of brand recognition for Barbie. Though I can't say I've seen the dolls themselves outside of specialty doll shops or TRU.
Horse toys in general are much rarer here. I'm always on the lookout, but hardly ever see any. Especially horses in scale with dolls. Probably because they're usually big toys, and horses themselves are pretty far outside the reach of most kids here.  It's rare to have kids who say horses are their favorite animal. I've asked literally thousands of kids that question over the years, and only gotten horse twice. Though unicorns know no boundaries. Everyone loves those, lol.
Most main stream dolls here are hyperfeminine. And large, realistic farm animals clash with the happy homemaker/ magical girl/ music idol aesthetic, apparently.  The toys exist, but you won't see them in most local toy shops. Disney, or fantasy horses would be a lot more likely, because Disney is everywhere.

When the FiM show ran here, mlp became popular with very young kids, so I see a fair bit of pony merch on my students, but I've never seen a Barbie horse for sale anywhere, not even in collector resale shops, which usually have....everything. Aaaaaall the things.

Though you can definitely get them on amazon.jp, but they all have english packaging. 

Offline ColdRuru

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2020, 02:36:05 AM »
Oh WOW all your Barbie and other horses and animals are fantastic!

I had Prancer Prince as a child and Dallas, Both so very beautiful!! My Dallas has the articulated legs, I also had Sindy horses by Pedigree, I love collecting dolls horses, there is something so very nostalgic for me.

I have Snowball the dog or Fluffy as i call him! and Beauty barbies lovely Afghan. Infact i have quite a few Beauty's as i love her so much! I got my first in 1980 as a child. Lovely times and lovely playtime memories, too!

Any way thank you for all the lovely photo's, what with the world as it is at the moment, I have really destressed looking at this thread! :) THANK YOU!!

Thanks for your reply!
Oooh I'dd love to see Sindy's horses, I've seen some on the internet but never in real and they are some that are really pretty!
Seems like you've got a good collection too if you still have the horses!

I'm glad you liked my pictures, I always took the greatest care with them! :biggrin:

No, I first came to Japan in  college. (2000ish )Not sure about vintage days, but lately there's a fair bit of brand recognition for Barbie. Though I can't say I've seen the dolls themselves outside of specialty doll shops or TRU.
Horse toys in general are much rarer here. I'm always on the lookout, but hardly ever see any. Especially horses in scale with dolls. Probably because they're usually big toys, and horses themselves are pretty far outside the reach of most kids here.  It's rare to have kids who say horses are their favorite animal. I've asked literally thousands of kids that question over the years, and only gotten horse twice. Though unicorns know no boundaries. Everyone loves those, lol.
Most main stream dolls here are hyperfeminine. And large, realistic farm animals clash with the happy homemaker/ magical girl/ music idol aesthetic, apparently.  The toys exist, but you won't see them in most local toy shops. Disney, or fantasy horses would be a lot more likely, because Disney is everywhere.

When the FiM show ran here, mlp became popular with very young kids, so I see a fair bit of pony merch on my students, but I've never seen a Barbie horse for sale anywhere, not even in collector resale shops, which usually have....everything. Aaaaaall the things.

Though you can definitely get them on amazon.jp, but they all have english packaging.

Thanks for your reply, In a way it's doesn't surprise me at all.
I've read a lot about Japan, because I love to read manga... but I've kind of spotted the lack of horse love or even just... knownledge (gosh finding a manga with horses well drawn is really difficult).
Japan just isn't  a country that was built by horses like most europeans countries.

But I know some Japanese figures depicting zebra that I'd just LOVE to own, saddly there's really difficult to found online.
In anyway thanks for your reply, and if you want vintage Barbie horses to be sent to you in Japan, I can do :biggrin:

Blog / Facebook Page

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2020, 02:56:06 AM »
Cool pics ColdRuru! I especially love Champion and Sun Runner, I always wanted to get a hold of a Sun Runner, even since childhood!

Offline ColdRuru

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2020, 05:23:02 AM »
I encourage you to search for a Sun Runner for youself, it's really, really one of the most common and it's a georgeous horse!

Blog / Facebook Page

Offline amanda34

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2020, 12:39:09 PM »
Hello ColdRuru, YES I still have all my horses apart from Prancer Prince whom i have never got over loosing, he was lost during a house move and i was devestated, He was such a lovely boy and i've never as yet been able to replace him.

The Sindy horses are great, my first one Blackie, arrived for Christmas Day 1980, i ended up with 5 of them as a child along with several Marx cowboy horses that Mum picked up for me from charity shops and jumble sales, along the way.

If i could fathom out how to get the photos on here i might someday get to show you my collection! Childhood and otherwise,  :)

Offline ColdRuru

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2020, 04:18:05 AM »
Oh yes I understand that you were sad, I hope you'll found a Prancer back one day or another!
Also I would be more than happy to see your collection!! Marx horses are amazing as well, so hard to find here in Europe :cry:

Blog / Facebook Page

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2020, 06:18:39 AM »
I encourage you to search for a Sun Runner for youself, it's really, really one of the most common and it's a georgeous horse!

I've only seen him come up for sale once, so I'm not sure he's that common here in Sweden, but I'm definitely still looking!  ^.^

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal