collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Old Collector Websites (and Questions)  (Read 3558 times)

Offline Heelys

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Member of the Aquacadets
    • View Profile
Old Collector Websites (and Questions)
« on: February 23, 2020, 08:07:27 AM »
I've been taking a deep dive lately into the web explorations of my youth, looking at old websites I loved when I was first hyperfixating on G1. Stuff like linniekin's Little Pony Heaven and the archive.org of Dream Valley, following the trail of links and such. What are your favorite MLP fansites from the early 2000s or beyond?

There is something I distinctly remember that I haven't been able to find. There was some webpage with a shrine to "Big Mama Peachy"-- the My Pretty Pony that ended up having its design recycled for Peachy when g1 proper rolled around. The story was that they'd had the toy as a child and it became, like, the supreme leader of the herd and squashed enemies beneath her mighty hooves. Anybody else recall this? I've been away for a while...
Gender? I hardly know 'er!  :biggrin: | PM me about G1 custom or OOAK World's Smallest commissions! ;)

Offline SpacePinto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Old Collector Websites (and Questions)
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2020, 09:40:48 AM »
My memory is kind of fuzzy because it was so long ago but I remember a MLP website back in the 2000s that had a really old-fashioned design even for the time (like html borders and such) that had summary of all animated episodes including Tales, I remember reading it back when I hadn't even watched all episodes (which caused me to imagine "Birds of a Feather" to be much more dramatic than it actually was) There was also another website that I saw a little later, it had pictures of different G3 toys (Minty, Sunny Daze etc.) photographed in a flower garden, I remember one of the ponies was described as "one of a kind".
Inka Dinka Doo
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Heelys

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2020, 10:03:46 AM »
You're right, I remember that! If we're thinking of the same website (for the first one), they also had a list of animation errors and gaffs in the episodes. Fancy that!
Gender? I hardly know 'er!  :biggrin: | PM me about G1 custom or OOAK World's Smallest commissions! ;)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2020, 11:06:28 AM »
I remember Linnie with a lot of fondness, she was (presumably still is!) an awesome person.
I also remember when DV had a chatroom and prior to that, Dream Castle's chatroom.
I remember the black and pink TP as well, for some reason they go together for me.

I remember Tabby's site which had stories or some such I think on it?
There was the Ring of Rainbows which linked a whole bunch of sites together - webrings aren't a thing now but they were back then. There's an old dead version of my site which even now either angelfire or Tripod hasn't taken down completely (I think from 2001?) and it still has it's ring of rainbows thing on it with a list of links to sites no longer around.

We've lost a lot and gained a lot over the years.

In all honesty, and despite the fact I will remember it fondly for how it was in 1997, I really don't miss DV.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2020, 11:08:35 AM »
I miss DV so much :(

I remember Big Mama Peachy too!! I'm pretty sure it was on Geocities, so it'll be difficult to find now... oohh.. was it by the same person as Kimono's Townhouse? I'm sure it was someone who had other sites too.

edit: AHA! Found it! Good old Oocities.
http://www.oocities.org/dizzydava/The_Shrine.htm

As for other sites I like, I love and miss The Skylands.

editedit: darn this thread, it's sent me on a nostalgia trip XD Anyone remember the Golden Autumn? One of the best MLP sites ever.

http://www.angelfire.com/80s/babygoldenautumn/
http://www.angelfire.com/planet/goldenautumn/goldenautumn.html

(edited to fix a link)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 08:37:58 AM by Carrehz »

Offline Heelys

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2020, 11:50:40 AM »
I miss DV so much :(

I remember Big Mama Peachy too!! I'm pretty sure it was on Geocities, so it'll be difficult to find now... oohh.. was it by the same person as Kimono's Townhouse? I'm sure it was someone who had other sites too.

edit: AHA! Found it! Good old Oocities.
http://www.oocities.org/dizzydava/The_Shrine.htm

As for other sites I like, I love and miss The Skylands.

editedit: darn this thread, it's sent me on a nostalgia trip XD Anyone remember the Golden Autumn? One of the best MLP sites ever.

http://www.angelfire.com/80s/babygoldenautumn/
http://www.angelfire.com/planet/goldenautumn/birthflowers.html
My god, it WAS Dava! Absolute legend. Thanks so much for the links!

Offline SpacePinto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2020, 01:03:31 PM »
You're right, I remember that! If we're thinking of the same website (for the first one), they also had a list of animation errors and gaffs in the episodes. Fancy that!
That's possible, although by now all I remember is their MLPT recaps...
Inka Dinka Doo

Online Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2020, 11:41:27 PM »
Oh my heavens I loved browsing Pony websites when I got back into collecting!!! There was the Schuman Family one with downloadable episodes, Linnie's site which gave most of my flutters some lovely wings, Dava's Big Mamma Peachy, then Kimono's Townhouse (I even made a Custom G3 Boy called Butler as my Kimono's brother due to that site, & so many more. One old fave I know is lost now is Where The Rainbow Ends. That site was gorgeous!!! Then there were the tons of adoptables from Lullabye Nursery!!! I have whole folders of adoptables from different sites, & have even adapted some (like the Twisty Tail adaptation of one of yours Taffeta  :) Remember that email???)
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline The_Loner

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • My Little Pony fan
    • View Profile
    • Dream Planet - The Toys
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2020, 01:37:11 PM »
This evokes some nice memories. I loved browsing pony websites and I had my own pony website as well. I recognize most of the sites mentioned here. I remember a site I think was called Quacker County that had some entertaining photo stories. I remember one of them was Baby Schoolbag arriving from England on an airplane. There was also another website that had photo stories. I think it was called White Castle. There was a story about the G2 ponies trying to take over the G1 ponies and one about three Peachy sisters receiving a MIB set of Pretty Ups and they were plotting how to sell them to the other ponies.
There was also a site called Ponyland Press that had some awesome photos with stories to go along. That site may still be around.

I miss personal pony websites like this. Sometimes I want to make a new one myself.

Offline skyline

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2020, 01:44:23 PM »
Does anyone know what happened to Dream Valley? I'm sure there was an explanation for its closure but I don't remember what it was!

sig by starscout!

Looking for Lucky Bell’s Musical Dream Pony (Keypers fakie)! PM me if you’re selling !

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2020, 02:52:31 PM »
Does anyone know what happened to Dream Valley? I'm sure there was an explanation for its closure but I don't remember what it was!
Archive link.
After nearly twenty years, I am so very sorry to have to close Dream Valley: A Collector's Guide to My Little Pony. I don't want to go into all the details, just I am no longer able to maintain any of my websites. And I am sorry this is so sudden; this message will not be online much longer.

My Little Pony has been a part of me for most of my life, and Dream Valley has been my way of expressing and sharing that joy with other pony fans and collectors during much of that time. Closing Dream Valley was not an easy decision in the least, not so much for myself, but for all the people I've met and whom I've been able to help because of it.

I have and will always love My Little Pony, and am looking forward to continuing to enjoy whatever the future brings, but this situation has forced me to realize that I am ready to be just a fan again.

When Dream Valley first went live in 1997, the online My Little Pony community was just beginning, and having seen how it's grown over the years, I have always been proud to have been one of its founding members, and I hope the fandom lives on forever, both online and off.

Thank you everypony.

Kimberly

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline SpacePinto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2020, 03:28:19 PM »
There was the Schuman Family one with downloadable episodes,
Was it the one where My Little Pony Tales rips had a lot of VHS artifacts, especially the beginning of "The Great Lemonade Stand Wars"?
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline Esbayne

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I can die happy when there's a G1 scented perfume.
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2020, 05:00:21 PM »
Did Dream Valley ever have games on it? I vaguely remember an old site that had rather simplistic pony games. You played as a pony, it was like G1 art- The one I remember most was a game where you had to jump hurdles or something? The art style was kind of like the original Ponyisland art style, if I'm remembering right. I played it as a kid but have never been able to find it again. I think I've asked about it before but in all honesty I don't remember what the answer was/if I ever got an answer.

LONG LIVE HEARTSPRINKLE
 https://mh-merch.com/checklist/122/ visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Esbayne on PonyIsland.net as well.
:art: :relaxed: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :frolic: :silly:

Online Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2020, 06:30:59 PM »
There was the Schuman Family one with downloadable episodes,
Was it the one where My Little Pony Tales rips had a lot of VHS artifacts, especially the beginning of "The Great Lemonade Stand Wars"?
I think so... Can't be sure, but I downloaded a lot of the MLP & Friends episodes...
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline starstrider

• Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pony pride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2020, 07:47:17 PM »
I don't recognise some of these sites, but I remember DV and the Golden Autumn well. Definitely miss DV, I used it for all of my pony identification. I remember being so shocked when it shut down!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal