collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Are you against pony armies? ( owning many of the same pony )

Not bothered at all
17 (25.4%)
It botheres me a little bit
5 (7.5%)
I think it's 100% wrong and classed as pony hording
2 (3%)
I wouldn't do it but don't mind others doing it
22 (32.8%)
I have a pony army and enjoy seeing other pony armies
21 (31.3%)

Total Members Voted: 67

Voting closed: March 03, 2020, 04:10:22 AM

Author Topic: Pony armies ( collecting multiples ) with a pony giveaway !  (Read 20115 times)

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Pony armies ( collecting multiples ) with a pony giveaway !
« Reply #75 on: February 29, 2020, 01:53:50 PM »
Yeah, the BBE babies look like zombies to me. 
:socks:   :frog:

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #76 on: February 29, 2020, 03:07:00 PM »
I voted that it bothers me a little bit.  This only due to the fact that I generally do not care to have double ponies in my collection.  Call it OCD or neuroticism.  It just bugs me.  Therefore, I do not do "clone" armies but I do have "character" armies of Sugarberry, AJ, RD, and FS.  These are all variations of the character, sometimes across generations or including characters I consider "linked".  The only two "clones" I keep is 2 regular adult Sugarberries, one each to go with my two Baby Sugarberrys. 

My Baby Sugarberrys are technically different variants because one is CHINA and the other HONG KONG (or whatever those markings are).  I only have 2 of them because I paid market price for my first one after it was my grail for years after finding out she existed.  I was then lucky enough to find my second one at a rummage sale with Baby Love Melody.  I thought about selling my "extra" one but found I could not part with her.  Combine that with not being able to part with my childhood Sugarberry when I got an upgrade, and I now have 2 sets.

As far as people finding it selfish to keep "clone" armies of expensive armies, I think more jealousy than anything else plays into that.  I have had people at meets tell me I should sell one of my Baby Sugarberrys to them because he or she "don't even have one!".  Comments like that strike me as rude.  It is not my fault someone does not have a certain pony in his or her collection.  Just because I do not give or sell my "extra" does not mean you would be the one to have it.  For one I would not just give it, and chances are those that do not have it already, are likely not willing to pay my price even if it is fair market value. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline puuush

• Trade Count: (+69)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Customizing is my destiny
    • View Profile
    • etsy
« Reply #77 on: February 29, 2020, 03:26:38 PM »
I think having an army is fun and it is oddly satisfying to see pictures of pony armies.
For me I'm not sure if I would really start collecting identical ponys (not versions like Italy, HK, SoSoft, etc.), but I know people who do it and it was always so nice to find a pony for them and to make them happy...

I'm not too happy about people hoarding ponys just to control the market, but it's up to them what they do with their money.
It kinda makes the hunt for the pony harder but also the joy greater when you finally find one.

I voted that I have an army, but that is not really true. I have a herd of Heart Throbs (she was my first childhood pony (Italy version) and I looooove her), so I have several variants and customs.

I might make a series of Heart Throb customs in every colour of the rainbow and in different poses. I already started with a blue one, you can see it to the left.
The green one is an inverted HT. If you invert the colours in a picture editing program she looks exactly like the others. :D

Enjoy.

wanted | etsy Avatar by AnnaPommes, signature by LunaCat. Thank you.

Offline starrynights

• Takara Fakie
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Tinsel Enthusiast, Fakie Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 29, 2020, 06:24:29 PM »
I don't really have a true army of clones, I don't like exact duplicates in my collection, but I'm working on collecting different variations of Luna and Minty   :biggrin:

I don't mind at all if other people have clone armies, it's not like they stole them.
Though I'd be jealous if someone had a army of takaras/takara fakies.  :lol:

Enjoy.

Awesome collection!!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 01, 2020, 04:29:00 PM »
I think having an army is fun and it is oddly satisfying to see pictures of pony armies.
For me I'm not sure if I would really start collecting identical ponys (not versions like Italy, HK, SoSoft, etc.), but I know people who do it and it was always so nice to find a pony for them and to make them happy...

I'm not too happy about people hoarding ponys just to control the market, but it's up to them what they do with their money.
It kinda makes the hunt for the pony harder but also the joy greater when you finally find one.

I voted that I have an army, but that is not really true. I have a herd of Heart Throbs (she was my first childhood pony (Italy version) and I looooove her), so I have several variants and customs.

I might make a series of Heart Throb customs in every colour of the rainbow and in different poses. I already started with a blue one, you can see it to the left.
The green one is an inverted HT. If you invert the colours in a picture editing program she looks exactly like the others. :D

Enjoy.

I love them! :inlove:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 01, 2020, 08:21:43 PM »
I have an army! A baity boy army! ;) They're a lot of fun, even though I haven't added any new members in a long time!

Admittedly, sometimes I get a little jelly seeing some of the HTF armies; I know there's someone with a bunch of Rapunzels! But if they want to spend their money buying Rapunzels, well, who am I to stop them? It's a free world! Mostly, I see a lot of armies of really common, dirt common ponies; I've seen a Peachy army, too! And that's actually sort of helping the community, I feel like, because no one else wants 300 Peachys! :lmao:

I love peachy  :P I also love collecting uncared for cotton candies and giving them a good wash and fixing their hair  its just so satisfying to freshen up a dull dirty pony and make them look nice and clean and loved again.

Hahaha, I'm the same way!! I have probably 6 Cotton Candys lying around, because they're just too sad to pawn off on someone else, even after I clean them! No one wants this sad, mildewy, tailless Cotton Candy... so she'll stay here at Snapdragon's Isle of Wayward Ponies! :lmao:
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #81 on: March 02, 2020, 09:14:41 AM »
If I had the space, I admit I would probably hoard Medley and Glory because I wanted them so much as a kid and never had them. I wouldn't think most people would mind, though, as they seem common in the places they were actually sold.

I also admit that I often look at Brush & Grows and want to buy them even though I already have all of them. I may have a couple of doubles already (I call them upgrades) but it's not really an army situation. It's funny but although I love ponies MOC I don't really want the regular BnGs MIP. I want to play with their hair....

So yeah, if I had space, I would have more of those guys. I still hunt auctions for BnGs made in China (other than Braided Beauty, who I have) so that I have an excuse to buy them under the justification they're different from my HK ones.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Matcha

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • pony deviantart!!
« Reply #82 on: March 02, 2020, 11:52:06 AM »
I personally don't mind it, unless they were purposely hoarding a certain pony to take it out of circulation :p If I could afford it I'd want to collect every version of a single pony (eg, Milky way), but I don't really see the appeal of having identical ones!

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 03, 2020, 07:26:51 AM »
Well, I found another Baby Cuddles at the thrift store yesterday so I think I have 4 of that one now.  It seems to be the only G1 I ever find thrifted anymore!  :lol: 

Offline kellybates1993

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 09, 2020, 03:55:22 AM »
Did you say giveaway?? Who's the lucky winner?  :lovey:

A user  named snapdragon but I haven't recieved a reply yet because I was hitting the wrong pm button :( hopefully she gets word shes won soon .
flutter pony addict

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 09, 2020, 07:20:57 AM »
Well, I found another Baby Cuddles at the thrift store yesterday so I think I have 4 of that one now.  It seems to be the only G1 I ever find thrifted anymore!  :lol:

I've only ever found Cotton Candy and Snuzzle.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Satin Slipper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 09, 2020, 06:47:15 PM »

A user  named snapdragon but I haven't recieved a reply yet because I was hitting the wrong pm button :( hopefully she gets word shes won soon .

Congratulations to SnapDragon!
*Frolicking Away*

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 11, 2020, 01:25:35 AM »

Step 1: enter pony giveaway
Step 2: forget to check mlparena
Step 3: never look at your email
Step 4: profit!

Haha thank you so much kellybates1993!! You are so kind!
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline kellybates1993

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 11, 2020, 03:12:40 AM »

Step 1: enter pony giveaway
Step 2: forget to check mlparena
Step 3: never look at your email
Step 4: profit!

Haha thank you so much kellybates1993!! You are so kind!

:lol: this made me crack up! I'm so glad I finally figured out the pm button !
flutter pony addict

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal