collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Are you against pony armies? ( owning many of the same pony )

Not bothered at all
17 (25.4%)
It botheres me a little bit
5 (7.5%)
I think it's 100% wrong and classed as pony hording
2 (3%)
I wouldn't do it but don't mind others doing it
22 (32.8%)
I have a pony army and enjoy seeing other pony armies
21 (31.3%)

Total Members Voted: 67

Voting closed: March 03, 2020, 04:10:22 AM

Author Topic: Pony armies ( collecting multiples ) with a pony giveaway !  (Read 20136 times)

Offline Heelys

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Member of the Aquacadets
    • View Profile
Re: Pony armies ( collecting multiples ) with a pony giveaway !
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2020, 03:51:08 PM »
Pony armies are great! Like, if there's one person who's making it their goal to own all of one rare toy so nobody else can have it, that's a problem, but that's just not happening. (cough)
Well, it's not happening in the MLP community, anyway.  ;)
Gender? I hardly know 'er!  :biggrin: | PM me about G1 custom or OOAK World's Smallest commissions! ;)

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2020, 04:25:29 PM »
I don't intentionally make armies, but I do rescue all the G1s I find at the thrift store so I may have unintentionally created an army.  I'd have to pull them out of their storage boxes to see for sure.  I know I created an accidental G3 army by doing this and am in the process of rehoming 99% of them because they're not my favorite and I don't have the space for them. 

If other people want to collect an army of any particular character then they should go ahead.  I've seen some lovely custom work because someone has armies that they want to increase and I don't see an issue with that, either.  And if someone wants to spend a fortune on as many Mimics as they can afford, well, that's their business and good for them working towards a goal. 

Offline SpacePinto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2020, 04:53:24 PM »
I respect other people's right to form armies (even if I don't support it) but personally I can't imagine having more than one of each pony (unless it's an actually interesting variation, like Wind Whistler in the Surprise pose) I think it would be kind of weird plus my OCD hates redundance.
Inka Dinka Doo
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Safflower

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2020, 05:46:57 PM »
I voted for "I have one and like seeing other peoples" just because I LOVE seeing people's armies, though I don't have one myself. They're so pretty, especially if there are variations in the ponies.

I would like to have an army of Starshine one day, she's my favorite pony. Also, the word army is just fun :P

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline Esbayne

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I can die happy when there's a G1 scented perfume.
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2020, 06:28:47 PM »
(cough)

LOL! At least the difference is someone with an MLP army, if it's from an older gen, isn't still promoting the company they hate. Or character?
All that's going to do is give Nintendo the message that people REALLY REALLY want Rosalina, and because she's brand new they'll just make tons more that should be out in no time, right? Lol.

I don't have an army myself, but the one pony I like buying multiple versions of is G4 Luna, weirdly enough! I'm not even big into G4 but I have 3 versions of her so far and would like one more. (The new blue glittery fashion style! Even though I don't like the rebooted G4 faces, I want her because she IS SO BLUE AND SPARKLY!!) I love her celestial theme, the moon and night is my favourite, and I LOVE her colors! I did like her more as Nightmare Moon, though. (I don't watch the show though) I have two versions of her from when she was still purple (Water Cutie and original FS) and the big blue BAB I found at a thrift store. Oh, and the Nightmare Moon brushable. I'd love one of the collector's statues of her too but I just can't justify that price for anything G4.

I do love pony armies though! I find them interesting to see but I'd never have a full on army myself. I would if I rescued all the ponies I find at thrift stores, lol! But I always leave duplicates in hopes other pony collectors find the one they need. (I have a sneaking suspicion that other pony collectors also frequent my favourite thrift store. They often seem picked through [like when there's ONLY fakies left] and I've seen on a few occassions, G1s being moved to the top shelves of like, trading cards and other things instead of with the other kiddie toys. Only met one collector IRL though and ironically it was at a Burger King, she had a Fair Feathers pin on her uniform from PonyFair.)

LONG LIVE HEARTSPRINKLE
 https://mh-merch.com/checklist/122/ visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Esbayne on PonyIsland.net as well.
:art: :relaxed: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :frolic: :silly:

Offline Goanna

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2020, 06:35:12 PM »
I don't really mind, and I like seeing other peoples' armies, though I don't have any myself. I guess I'd be a little bothered if the pony was rare/expensive... but that'd be more out of jealousy than anything if I'm being honest  :lol: Most armies I've seen tend to be of more common ponies, so mostly I just think they're cool :)

Offline NightGliderSA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2020, 08:36:30 PM »
Firstly, I love that you have chosen CC to be your Army Pony, as she is so often overlooked. I was actually excited to get her myself as I didn't have her as a child, though my best friend did.

As for Armies, I don't have the space to do this myself. I do however want every variant of HK Cherries Jubilee, another largely overlooked pony. And I think I am there, just need one with faded cherries who isn't a variant at all but is different to the ones I have.

I don't mind other people collecting armies either; who am I to tell people how to collect? Everyone has their own different interests and goals but we are all united by a common love of ponies.

Offline kellybates1993

• Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2020, 12:55:08 AM »
Pony armies are great! Like, if there's one person who's making it their goal to own all of one rare toy so nobody else can have it, that's a problem, but that's just not happening. (cough)
Well, it's not happening in the MLP community, anyway.  ;)
Wow  I cant imagine spending that much money just for pure spite

Post Merge: February 26, 2020, 12:57:32 AM

I voted for "I have one and like seeing other peoples" just because I LOVE seeing people's armies, though I don't have one myself. They're so pretty, especially if there are variations in the ponies.

I would like to have an army of Starshine one day, she's my favorite pony. Also, the word army is just fun :P
theres something really satisfying about pony armies isn't there  ^.^
« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 12:57:32 AM by kellybates1993 »
flutter pony addict

Offline Shaz

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2020, 01:24:30 AM »
Sometimes one pony just isn't enough :lol:
I like seeing other people's pony armies though I don't really have one myself. I do have multiple Peachys (about five, I think) and I like the way they are all slightly different; I suppose they are from different batches.

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2020, 02:09:21 AM »
I have an army! A baity boy army! ;) They're a lot of fun, even though I haven't added any new members in a long time!

Admittedly, sometimes I get a little jelly seeing some of the HTF armies; I know there's someone with a bunch of Rapunzels! But if they want to spend their money buying Rapunzels, well, who am I to stop them? It's a free world! Mostly, I see a lot of armies of really common, dirt common ponies; I've seen a Peachy army, too! And that's actually sort of helping the community, I feel like, because no one else wants 300 Peachys! :lmao:
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline HollowZero

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Nightmint av by Shenanigans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2020, 07:03:28 AM »
Armies don't interest me whatsoever, so I also don't mind if someone has one. I have a hard enough time trying to make space for the few ponies I have.

Hello! Please visit my art gallery! Commissions are: open for now

Offline kellybates1993

• Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2020, 07:05:56 AM »
I have an army! A baity boy army! ;) They're a lot of fun, even though I haven't added any new members in a long time!

Admittedly, sometimes I get a little jelly seeing some of the HTF armies; I know there's someone with a bunch of Rapunzels! But if they want to spend their money buying Rapunzels, well, who am I to stop them? It's a free world! Mostly, I see a lot of armies of really common, dirt common ponies; I've seen a Peachy army, too! And that's actually sort of helping the community, I feel like, because no one else wants 300 Peachys! :lmao:

I love peachy  :P I also love collecting uncared for cotton candies and giving them a good wash and fixing their hair  its just so satisfying to freshen up a dull dirty pony and make them look nice and clean and loved again.
flutter pony addict

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2020, 07:39:31 AM »
I once saw Cannibal Cow's CJ army and was amazed at its sheer size.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline kingluke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • The Great King of Lucia
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2020, 10:05:17 AM »
It appears I am the only one here who is against armies.
I think it's selfish trying to hoard any rarer doubles because others might want them too. What's the point of having 3 mimics? I know it's supposed to be cute or fun, I fail to see it.

Of course I'm against selfish hoarders but I do know the difference between a selfish hoarder and an army person.

Also I see the point of getting all the variants. That makes them different and in my opinion not an army.

It's kinda hard for me to say this knowing I will most likely get multiple messages trying to debunk my opinion.
Lover of Windwhistler

Offline maycrestmom

• Trade Count: (+114)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2020, 12:51:02 PM »
maybe we could differentiate armies from clones (or clone armies?)  as there are some ponies that have international variants and multiple gens that to me makes it easier to explain as to why ya collect a light vs a dark symbol, a two stamp, a four stamp, an air brush eye, etc  (can ya guess my italian armies I am talking about?)  that can be fun to geek out when explaining to that lovely newcomer who found out about the collection as to why ya have "so many X" on the shelf

Of course, to each their own and a clone army of all the same pose can be kinda cool as well - someone awhile ago had posted pics of their tex army that was just a really lovely burst of yellow on the shelf :-)

I really do need to assemble the troops here and update my pictures so thanks for having this thread I will see what i can do to schedule some overdo spring dusting that has to be done anyway it's a great excuse for a spa/photo shoot

loves me dem green ponies (thank you Lunar!)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal