collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Are you against pony armies? ( owning many of the same pony )

Not bothered at all
17 (25.4%)
It botheres me a little bit
5 (7.5%)
I think it's 100% wrong and classed as pony hording
2 (3%)
I wouldn't do it but don't mind others doing it
22 (32.8%)
I have a pony army and enjoy seeing other pony armies
21 (31.3%)

Total Members Voted: 67

Voting closed: March 03, 2020, 04:10:22 AM

Author Topic: Pony armies ( collecting multiples ) with a pony giveaway !  (Read 20121 times)

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Pony armies ( collecting multiples ) with a pony giveaway !
« Reply #60 on: February 27, 2020, 06:21:38 PM »
I don't have a problem with armies, but I haven't really thought about it critically before.  I like seeing pictures of people's armies, especially when they have lots of different versions of the same character!  Its cool to see all the variants and customs they've made or commissioned, etc.  I'm kind of building an army of my own but its not a certain pony its a certain pose (Sugarberry)!  Does anyone else have a pose-based army??
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline Wind~Whistler

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • You got a twinkle in your eyes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 27, 2020, 08:09:41 PM »
Armies are fun! As long as they’re not built to spite other collectors, that is.
I have an accidental army myself, actually. I should get a picture once I gather ALL of my Applejacks, Pinkie Pies and Twilights  >_<
AKA Wind~Whistler on the TP 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

http://www.ponylandtours.com
Thanks to Philly for my avi!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 27, 2020, 08:58:30 PM »
I have multiple versions of: Princess Serena, Heart Throb, Cotton Candy, Rarity...but none of the exact same figure. I consider those groups "armies"...but does that count?

Any royal pony army would actually be a Dynasty. ;)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 07:53:43 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 27, 2020, 11:00:31 PM »
I personally don't do many variant Ponies, so if I have one of say, Baby Ribbon already, I don't need another. Otherwise I would end up skint!!! However, for a few choice Ponies: Twisty Tail, Starcatcher, my first Pony Butterscotch (recently started that one) & Twilight Sparkle, I do collect variants. The biggest lot (part army, part air force) is of course the Twilight Sparkle collection, & though it isn't complete, there are a lot of Ponies in it.

A few more have added to this & most of my Plushies aren't in this pic either.
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 10:16:48 AM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline Chibiskittles

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Meow!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 28, 2020, 11:22:50 AM »
Since i just had a request on FB to take a picture of my Lickety army, i figured i'd post it here too!  Missing from the picture is my G3 lickety (shes upstairs) and my white with red hair helados (missing in the pony room, as usual), my reddish/magenta cone Lickety (suspect SHES in the computer room) and one i have coming in the mail, keep an eye on the Nirvana forum next week for my brag on her ;D

In order:
Back Row: Plush, duh.
Middle Row: Green Helados, Childhood Lickety, Peru, Spain, a Bait (intended to be turned into Blue), 2 So Softs, a Venny Squeaky Butt, and 2 Collectors Pose Helados.
Front Row: First Tooth, Zombie, Non First Tooth/Euro, Magenta cone First Tooth, and Zombie (again)  :D
I play World of Warcraft -WAY- too much.
after fifteen -THOUSAND- posts, I now haunt the Arena woodwork  :lol:
http://chibiskittles.tumblr.com/
~I make pretty things with yarn~

Offline MerryAnvil

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • The Resident Blacksmith Pony
    • View Profile
    • Jordan's Pony Corner
« Reply #66 on: February 28, 2020, 12:27:27 PM »
Since i just had a request on FB to take a picture of my Lickety army, i figured i'd post it here too!  Missing from the picture is my G3 lickety (shes upstairs) and my white with red hair helados (missing in the pony room, as usual), my reddish/magenta cone Lickety (suspect SHES in the computer room) and one i have coming in the mail, keep an eye on the Nirvana forum next week for my brag on her ;D

In order:
Middle Row: Green Helados, Childhood Lickety, Peru, Spain, a Bait (intended to be turned into Blue), 2 So Softs, a Venny Squeaky Butt, and 2 Collectors Pose Helados.
Front Row: First Tooth, Zombie, Non First Tooth/Euro, Magenta cone First Tooth, and Zombie (again)  :D

Omggg your army is amazing ;A; Gosh green Helados is one of my current highest Nirvana wants, so gorgeous! What a lovely collection of ponies <3

Avatar by Shaiyeh, sig by SquarePeg! <3 Check out my pony website here!

Offline LittleFlurry

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Magic Motion Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 28, 2020, 12:41:04 PM »
I don't have an army, but I love seeing pictures of them! I don't see how it's unethical. People can spend their money on whatever they want, and whenever something is available in limited quantities, it's first-come first-served.

Offline kellybates1993

• Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 28, 2020, 01:42:49 PM »
I don't have a problem with armies, but I haven't really thought about it critically before.  I like seeing pictures of people's armies, especially when they have lots of different versions of the same character!  Its cool to see all the variants and customs they've made or commissioned, etc.  I'm kind of building an army of my own but its not a certain pony its a certain pose (Sugarberry)!  Does anyone else have a pose-based army??
this is a super unique idea i like it!

Post Merge: February 28, 2020, 01:43:33 PM

In order:

Week amazing army

Post Merge: February 28, 2020, 01:45:56 PM

If someone has the money to spend on multiple Rapunzels, I want whatever their job is.
and me, I actually like how rapunzel looks and wanted to collect her but she was £900 on Ebay last time one was available!!!!

Post Merge: February 28, 2020, 01:47:24 PM

Good point on rare ones.  Mine are various Minty versions and custom Mintys.  A couple of them had really bad hair and are alt rehairs. 
I gotta know, does someone have a Punzie or Mimic army??  And can I have their bank account??

As much as I might literally die from jealousy I would like to see a rapunzel army, I think I need to find someone to make me a fakie custom
« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 01:47:24 PM by kellybates1993 »
flutter pony addict

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 28, 2020, 03:03:04 PM »

A Pose Collection is called a Conga.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 08:37:00 PM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 28, 2020, 05:20:12 PM »
Here's a picture of my Rainbowdash army.
https://www.deviantart.com/littlekunai/art/Rainbowdash-Army-832042754?ga_submit_new=10%3A1582905136
I love the Custom one on the far right!!!

Oh thanks. But she's not a custom. That's Retro Mane 6 Pack Rainbowdash.

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 28, 2020, 06:27:34 PM »
Ah, sorry, she still looks great!!! (want the TS of that eventually)

Offline Adarkdraconis

• Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 28, 2020, 06:41:01 PM »

In order:

I love them, that is a great collection!  They all look so happy!  I do have a probably silly question though... what kind of pony is a zombie?
:cold:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 28, 2020, 07:08:07 PM »

In order:

I love them, that is a great collection!  They all look so happy!  I do have a probably silly question though... what kind of pony is a zombie?

Possibly the BBE? I like the green Lickety. She's pretty!

Post Merge: February 28, 2020, 07:08:57 PM

Ah, sorry, she still looks great!!! (want the TS of that eventually)

She is. I think she might be my favorite of the group.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal