collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Are you against pony armies? ( owning many of the same pony )

Not bothered at all
17 (25.4%)
It botheres me a little bit
5 (7.5%)
I think it's 100% wrong and classed as pony hording
2 (3%)
I wouldn't do it but don't mind others doing it
22 (32.8%)
I have a pony army and enjoy seeing other pony armies
21 (31.3%)

Total Members Voted: 67

Voting closed: March 03, 2020, 04:10:22 AM

Author Topic: Pony armies ( collecting multiples ) with a pony giveaway !  (Read 20130 times)

Offline RoseNoire

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • pony count : 243
    • View Profile
Re: Pony armies ( collecting multiples ) with a pony giveaway !
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2020, 10:05:01 AM »
I don't mind pony armies at all, that's kind of nice to see. ^^ I wouldn't do it myself, though I like getting variants of the same pony.
Rusty/frizzy pony restoration tutorial
Drink'n'wet pony restoration tutorial
G3 Twist and Style petal parlor thorough cleaning
My collection | My drawings
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
-> Made by Witchvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
-> Made by Starrynights

Offline kellybates1993

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2020, 10:19:01 AM »
No I'm not against it. People can collect how they want. I don't usually have multiples myself because that's one space less for a pony I want, however I am now in possession of a small g3/g4 Rainbowdash army. I'll show it off when my retro dash comes in the mail.

Can 4 ponies be considered a very small army?
I would consider 4 a small army, my cotton candy army started unintentionally, and is still small but seems to be growing as I'm now looking for variations, I love the 35th anniversary cc x
flutter pony addict

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2020, 10:31:58 AM »
I think it's interesting how the subject of armies as controversial has only really become a thing recently...people have been keeping pony armies for years. I have less problem with people having an army of ponies than I do with people permanently altering a pony, because if someone did sell their army, the ponies would leave to new homes unscathed. Armies aren't hurting, even if they are kind of hoardish. There are hundreds of ponies out there which we never see, living in collections of people with them in storage anyway.

But I think as ponies get harder to find we'll see the subject come up again. There has certainly been some bad feeling towards people hoarding harder to find ponies. I think maybe it will get to a point where making in your face brag posts about armies of rarer ponies will be discouraged, but I don't think armies will ever cease.

The way I see it is that there are actually many more loose ponies than collectors.

As to whether or not I have armies - the answer is generally no. I do have I think five Tropical Breezes, one from childhood and one which is MIB included in that number, but that's the most of the same pony and all of them have reasons attached as to why I have them all.

I have six Baby Mischiefs but I count them as different because they are all different. There is one HK, one NC, and four made in China - one with rainbow tinsel in mane and tail, one with gold tinsel in the mane and tail, one with gold in the mane and rainbow in the tail and one with the reverse. So six ponies, all different - not an army.

I have a fair few Cherries Jubilees too, but aside having MOC and loose versions (again one from childhood) of the two UK releases, none are doubles, all are different variants/releases/versions (including european, SS, Spain, etc). Ditto on Medley (I think Italy, Mexico, Greek, Peru...as well as the two regular HK versions and a y2 MOC). Those to me aren't armies, but variants, so they don't count as the 'same'. To some people they do but I don't think those kinds of armies cause controversy.

But I am not against armies, because to me they do no harm to the pony for the long run. Most armies are very well loved and appreciated by their owners, thus what can be wrong with that?
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline ColdRuru

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2020, 10:46:39 AM »
I've voted. I'm not for, because of room and how expensive it is to bough that much the same pony, but if some people likes them, that's fine. We all have our own way of collecting :biggrin:

Blog / Facebook Page

Offline kellybates1993

• Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2020, 10:51:27 AM »
I think it's interesting how the subject of armies as controversial has only really become a thing recently...people have been keeping pony armies for years. I have less problem with people having an army of ponies than I do with people permanently altering a pony, because if someone did sell their army, the ponies would leave to new homes unscathed. Armies aren't hurting, even if they are kind of hoardish. There are hundreds of ponies out there which we never see, living in collections of people with them in storage anyway.

But I think as ponies get harder to find we'll see the subject come up again. There has certainly been some bad feeling towards people hoarding harder to find ponies. I think maybe it will get to a point where making in your face brag posts about armies of rarer ponies will be discouraged, but I don't think armies will ever cease.

The way I see it is that there are actually many more loose ponies than collectors.

As to whether or not I have armies - the answer is generally no. I do have I think five Tropical Breezes, one from childhood and one which is MIB included in that number, but that's the most of the same pony and all of them have reasons attached as to why I have them all.

I have six Baby Mischiefs but I count them as different because they are all different. There is one HK, one NC, and four made in China - one with rainbow tinsel in mane and tail, one with gold tinsel in the mane and tail, one with gold in the mane and rainbow in the tail and one with the reverse. So six ponies, all different - not an army.

I have a fair few Cherries Jubilees too, but aside having MOC and loose versions (again one from childhood) of the two UK releases, none are doubles, all are different variants/releases/versions (including european, SS, Spain, etc). Ditto on Medley (I think Italy, Mexico, Greek, Peru...as well as the two regular HK versions and a y2 MOC). Those to me aren't armies, but variants, so they don't count as the 'same'. To some people they do but I don't think those kinds of armies cause controversy.

But I am not against armies, because to me they do no harm to the pony for the long run. Most armies are very well loved and appreciated by their owners, thus what can be wrong with that?
This was an extremely well thought out reply, I love every single one of my cotton candies but I'm fairly certain just like my flutters as time goes by I will generally give some away and sell a couple but I mainly like to do give always to people I know love to collect.
It upsets me when I see a certain pony hoarded just to be held and sold at insane prices  which is what happens to the 35th anniversary ponies where I live,  I think hording with the intention to hike the price up is quite bad but I understand not everyone will agree x

Post Merge: February 25, 2020, 10:52:34 AM

I've voted. I'm not for, because of room and how expensive it is to bough that much the same pony, but if some people likes them, that's fine. We all have our own way of collecting :biggrin:
thanks for voting! It's why I love polls its great to see all the different view points of different collectors x
flutter pony addict

Online Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2020, 12:37:43 PM »
Flickr isn't working for me right now but I was going to show a pic of my G1 Twilight the unicorn army even though most of them are custom versions of her,

I think pony armies are fun as long as someone doesn't decide to hoard every copy of that pony just so no one else can have one.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline kellybates1993

• Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2020, 12:43:20 PM »
Hrngngn Sunny Daze :hot:

sunnydaze was my fave character from the g3 tv series or it may have been films ? I know I loved her and g3 rainbowdash.
flutter pony addict

Offline Serelagatta

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bratz Pony
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2020, 12:55:23 PM »
I adore your sweet army! I wish I could have a Bow Tie army, she is my favorite and the first pony I found in a thrift store when I used to live in the Netherlands  :blush: Also I really love Forget me not, she would be and amazing add to my small collection! Thanks for the Give away opportunity  ^.^

Offline Adarkdraconis

• Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2020, 01:57:59 PM »
Everyone's armies are always so cute, I always love seeing other's collections!  I do not have the funds or space to have many multiples, but I love seeing all the different color variants or poses of the same pony!  I don't know that I personally would own dozens of the exact same pony, but ones with different hair or poses definitely, or rescues because I am a sucker for rescues...

Post Merge: February 25, 2020, 02:06:01 PM

You have a platoon!   :biggrin:
« Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 02:06:01 PM by Adarkdraconis »
:cold:

Offline milkywaymochi

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2020, 02:16:25 PM »
I wouldn't collect an army myself, because of storage space and it's just not my style. It doesn't bother me if other people have armies, except maybe if they're a really rare pony. If someone, somehow, someway had a Rapunzel army, I think i might be a bit bothered then. (By wondering how they can even afford multiple Rapunzel's  :lol: )

Offline slyons

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • G1 Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2020, 02:28:17 PM »
I think pony armies are fun as long as someone doesn't decide to hoard every copy of that pony just so no one else can have one.

This! A Spite Army.   ;)

Thank you Shaiyeh and Griffin for my adoptables!!

Offline kellybates1993

• Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2020, 02:55:49 PM »
I adore your sweet army! I wish I could have a Bow Tie army, she is my favorite and the first pony I found in a thrift store when I used to live in the Netherlands  :blush: Also I really love Forget me not, she would be and amazing add to my small collection! Thanks for the Give away opportunity  ^.^
you're welcome  :biggrin: I Love bowtie she is one of my favourites!
flutter pony addict

Online Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2020, 03:06:02 PM »
Flickr is working again. Here's my Twilight army. Customs by Texasgal Jennifer2004 and Wyleth.

I also have an accidental Cotton Candy army. I think I have 4 of her.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 03:08:16 PM by Ponyfan »

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline kellybates1993

• Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2020, 03:20:37 PM »
Flickr is working again. Here's my Twilight army. Customs by Texasgal Jennifer2004 and Wyleth.
Ohhh beautiful army!

Ponyfan
flutter pony addict

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2020, 03:45:03 PM »
Everyone's armies are always so cute, I always love seeing other's collections!  I do not have the funds or space to have many multiples, but I love seeing all the different color variants or poses of the same pony!  I don't know that I personally would own dozens of the exact same pony, but ones with different hair or poses definitely, or rescues because I am a sucker for rescues...

Post Merge: February 25, 2020, 02:06:01 PM

You have a platoon!   :biggrin:

:snicker:

Post Merge: February 25, 2020, 03:46:04 PM

Ponyfan

Your Twilight army is so sweet. :lovey:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal