collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Complete petite collection/fakie petites?  (Read 839 times)

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Complete petite collection/fakie petites?
« on: February 24, 2020, 08:30:26 PM »
Hi all!
Recently I’ve been obsessed with petite ponies! They are soooo adorable, and the hunt to find them is exhausting but exhilarating! I am 28 away from having a complete g1 set. But I feel like that is a goal that will take another 30 years to complete!

My question is does anyone have a complete set of petites? If so, can you post a photo? I’d love to drool all over it please!

Also, if you own any of the fakie petites with the stamp bottoms, can you supply more information/pics of them? How many were made? I know I’ve seen a MOC set which confirmed they were fake, I’d love to see that again if anyone has that saved!

Thanks pony friends!
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Complete petite collection/fakie petites?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2020, 12:55:58 AM »
I have a complete set of Petites(including the G2 Petites).  Sadly, ever since Photobucket...changed,  I haven't found a new home for posting photos, so I can't help you with that.  I can point you to the Petite Pocket if you haven't seen it before:
http://www.ponylandtours.com/PetitePocket/PetitePocketIndex.html

It's not my site.  Silverdawn made it way back in the late 90s or early 2000s, and it's quite fun to drool over:)

I can say that once I got serious with the Petites, it took me about a year of very serious hunting to finish off my collection.  I had some from lots and whatnot, and I did already have the G2 Petites so I had a head start, but it didn't take me 30 years to finish them off:p  If you're looking for something specific, I have quite a few extras. 

I do have 5 of the stamper Petites.  I donated a picture of one of mine to the Petite Pocket years ago:
http://www.ponylandtours.com/PetitePocket/europe.html

My pic is the yellow one.  From what I can tell, there are 4-5 color combinations for those stamper Petites, and they released them in multiple poses.  So for example I have two different poses for the pink with dark blue hair Petites.  I believe the symbols are reused for the Petites as well, so all of one color combination have the same symbol. I don't know how many poses each color combination comes in though, so I'm not sure exactly how many there are.

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2020, 11:37:23 AM »
Bar the stampers and the G2 fair exclusives I also have a complete collection (omg I love them.....)

Once I got into them that was it, and I was on the active lookout. It took me a couple of years.... maybe 3 or 4 (or even 5? - it's been a while! :P ) by the time I tracked down the last few I needed. There was one in particular, the twinkle guitar petite who just became the bane of my collecting life, lol!

I have chanced upon two playsets this year. Previously I didn't have any. I then discovered that the playset petites have the same big eye/small eye variation the pony parade petites have.... Ugh... I try not to get into variations but I ended up keeping the doubles since the differences in the petites was a curiosity in itself. Particularly Flurry - the two moulded versions I now have are two very different pinks.

I once had the green crayon petite with the symbol in a different colour (purple vs orange). I ended up trading her at the time but in hindsight I kinda now wished I'd held onto her. I think I was a bit caught up in trying to get other petites I didn't have as opposed to holding onto interesting (and rarish in her case) variations.

Can't quite seem to find my petite cabinet photo, but I did find my glow in the darks in action - so here's a bit of fun for you, Mermaid :)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2020, 12:30:01 PM »
I love the glowing petite photo. :lovey:

I really like petites but I am far from having a complete collection. I have most of the houses and a few of the shops. I still need to replace one of my childhood Twinkle petites that went missing.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline HollowZero

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Nightmint av by Shenanigans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2020, 07:15:59 AM »
I also think petites are neato ;) but I don't know where to begin to collect them. I guess it comes down to luck, since they're so small.

Hello! Please visit my art gallery! Commissions are: open for now

Offline Kazzellin

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2020, 03:41:42 PM »
I just got into collecting the petites after thinking for the longest time that I wouldn't bother! Managed to find quite of few of them through lots on ebay. Kinda of ironic, since when I first got into collecting MLP G1, I sold the petites I had! Pretty sure I now have more than I had, and I even have the castle again. Sort of; one of the cats knocked it off where I had it and at least one accessory fell behind the book shelf. ^^;

Didn't know that website existed, so I'll have to check it out! :D

Edit: Aaaaand now I kinda want to make G1 brushable customs of the petite ponies. :art: In my infinite spare time, I'm sure. :lol:
« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 03:54:38 PM by Kazzellin »
My creativity keeps running into a lack of time and resources.  :cry:
I'm also available via twitter at @Kazzellin :)

So many projects!! What do I want to work on? :awake:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal