collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New York Toy Fair 2020!  (Read 16915 times)

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
New York Toy Fair 2020!
« on: February 21, 2020, 08:46:09 AM »
So news has already started to flow from the New York Toy Fair this year!  I thought it might be good to have a single place to compile any announcements or pictures found.

So far MLPMerch has posted two of the new items that Hasbro has officially announced.
A large talking Celestia and a pack of blind bag correction, 3 inch molded mane sized unicorns
https://www.mlpmerch.com/2020/02/hasbro-reveals-two-new-my-little-pony-Products.html

« Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 12:11:18 PM by Sunset »

Offline Ragamuffin

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Re: New York Toy Fair 2020!
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2020, 09:14:02 AM »
There's also a typical set with the Mane 6 and Princesses coming out, for... $90?! I hope that's a placeholder... I don't think a set like that has ever been that expensive. They're usually only like $60 or 70 at most; even the big fashion style ones, I think.

There's no information on it further than its name and price. No pictures or description yet...: https://www.abgee.co.uk/my-little-pony-mega-friendship-collection.html

"My Little Pony Mega Friendship Collection". "Mega" I feel implies a large number... I wonder who all is in it? I hope it's not just the princesses and Mane 6... with maybe Potion Nova thrown into the mix.

I predicted we would see DJ P0n-3 during the fair and I was right about that. :biggrin: We haven't seen her brushable yet, though, just that figure. I wonder if we'll get a Minty brushable too. :lol: I can imagine that they'll show off the EQG Fashion Squad set of her at least.

I just found out those unicorns aren't minifigures/blind bags, but are full-sized 3 inch figures!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 09:26:30 AM by Ragamuffin »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2020, 11:02:07 AM »
stalking thread! 
 :happy:

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2020, 11:15:36 AM »
Genuinely so shallow posting here but really only stalking for Basic Fun news xD
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2020, 11:25:18 AM »
There's also a typical set with the Mane 6 and Princesses coming out, for... $90?! I hope that's a placeholder... I don't think a set like that has ever been that expensive. They're usually only like $60 or 70 at most; even the big fashion style ones, I think.

There's no information on it further than its name and price. No pictures or description yet...: https://www.abgee.co.uk/my-little-pony-mega-friendship-collection.html

"My Little Pony Mega Friendship Collection". "Mega" I feel implies a large number... I wonder who all is in it? I hope it's not just the princesses and Mane 6... with maybe Potion Nova thrown into the mix.

I predicted we would see DJ P0n-3 during the fair and I was right about that. :biggrin: We haven't seen her brushable yet, though, just that figure. I wonder if we'll get a Minty brushable too. :lol: I can imagine that they'll show off the EQG Fashion Squad set of her at least.

I just found out those unicorns aren't minifigures/blind bags, but are full-sized 3 inch figures!

Which is probably exactly what it will be.  >_< Like that one M6 pack with Luna and I think Minty and Maud.

Or the Mane Six Giant Merpony pack, instead of Skystar, Novo, Salina Blue, Silver Stream and Haven Bay.

Or that "show hair accurate" fashion style pack. Can't they do anything else for a change?

Post Merge: February 21, 2020, 11:25:41 AM

Genuinely so shallow posting here but really only stalking for Basic Fun news xD

That's not shallow
« Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 11:27:05 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2020, 11:53:04 AM »
me too ;)

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2020, 12:18:40 PM »

Your right!  I find it a little concerning that the continued trend towards non-brushable ponies.

Re: the big multipack.  I think it’s guaranteed to have the mane 6 but maybe it will be like the last TRU exclusive pack that came with 12 ponies.  On the other hand, I’d rather not be tempted to buy large packs even if it’s “only half-filled” with mane 6.  So hear me Hasbro!  Either big packs should be a minimum 75% new characters or save the new characters for single releases!

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2020, 01:53:18 PM »
*crosses fingers for Basic Fun news*

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2020, 02:05:20 PM »
I kind of want the molded unicorn set.  Then I can easily create customs without having to figure out how to get the plugs out to rehair them.   :biggrin:

Offline Ragamuffin

• View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2020, 02:15:16 PM »
I kind of want the molded unicorn set.  Then I can easily create customs without having to figure out how to get the plugs out to rehair them.   :biggrin:

Optimistic way to look at things! :biggrin:

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2020, 08:09:33 PM »
I'm hoping they reveal more non-Mane 6 brushables. The molded set with DJ and Starlight is a good start but I want to brush their hair, you know?

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2020, 10:27:30 AM »
Video posted on Hasbro’s Twitter

https://mobile.twitter.com/Hasbro/status/1231256049459630080?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

I'm getting mixed vibes from that post and whether we're meant to see this as interim or a whole new thing.

I find irony in the obviously brony protest comments.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2020, 11:12:59 AM »
« Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 11:39:58 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Ragamuffin

• View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2020, 11:19:29 AM »
There's apparently a Cadence set like the Celestia and Luna Fashion Squads. Pics aren't great, though.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal