collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony prices  (Read 2200 times)

Offline jjponies

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
Pony prices
« on: February 20, 2020, 06:18:58 PM »
Does anyone else think that prices for "nirvana" ponies is getting out of control?  :shocked: Or, are they actually worth the high prices? Opionions please!  :biggrin:

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
Re: Pony prices
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2020, 06:47:46 PM »
It's up to you if it's "worth" it.

For me, if it's a pony I want-- then it's worth it. It's my hobby and it doesn't hurt my financially because I budget for my hobbies.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
Re: Pony prices
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2020, 06:17:36 AM »
An item is only worth the amount someone is wiling to pay :bigups:

There are so many factors to consider, when thinking about price.

Price depends on supply and demand. The less quantity and the higher the demand, the more the price will be.

Price can also be dictated by the location of the buyer and the seller, for example a Dutch exclusive pony will sell more for someone outside of the Netherlands.

The platform the item is sold on, eBay, gumtree, charity/thrift shop, online collectors store, Facebook, Instagram, private Facebook groups, online forums etc. The price is NOT consistent, the selling platform can have a big role in the price on an item. This makes price checking hard now a days, plus many things are sold behind closed doors.

Many Nirvana ponies have always been expensive, but the value on money also changes (think exchange rates). When there was the financial crisis back in 2008 or so, the price of many Nirvana drastically dropped, some of the Greek ponies, lost more than half their value. It was also a time when many people started to liquidate their collections, when again effected the value.

Another big a factor is TIME. I started collecting in 2003, G1 ponies are harder to find now then when I started collecting. Think about it, G2 and G3 ponies are now classed as vintage toys.

I think also we have new collectors and they will influence the market too.

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal