collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Barbie, arrived it has! (PIC HEAVY)  (Read 1377 times)

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
Barbie, arrived it has! (PIC HEAVY)
« on: February 20, 2020, 12:35:03 PM »
A few days ago, I decided to bite the bullet (since they were on sale) and order the Star Wars x Barbie gift bundle off Mattel. I thought shipping would take longer, but the postman just arrived at my door with three packages!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

When I saw the boxes, I immediately had flashbacks to working nighttime stock in toys r us. But let’s open them up! But first, to quote the product description:
“The Star Wars X Barbie collaboration is an homage to Star Wars: A New Hope. This eponymous collection, inspired by the films original concept art, re-imagines iconic characters through a distinctive Barbie high fashion filter.”

First off we have the Darth Vader inspired doll. I really like the cape on this one, despite being an avid follower of the “no capes!” Ideology. She comes with a stand in the box for you to display her with out of box...but I don’t want to remove her from the box...besides, I figured out after ordering that I don’t really have the display space. Whoops! But the box does have flaps with a picture of the Sith Lord we know and love on one panel, and a drawing of the doll on the other. You can unfold these panels for display purposes as well.

Next we have the droid of few words, R2D2. I really do like the hair colour, and I don’t think the pictures online did it justice. I also enjoy the eyelashes, and I find them very sharp. If the actual character had any eyes to apply makeup to, I think this would be the ideal look. The doll also has a stand and the panels open to show a drawing of the character and the doll

And now we have my favourite character (aside from master yoda), Princess Leia. Growing up, I wanted my hair to be long enough to put it in those cinnamon buns like she has. Sadly, I’m still not there yet. But someday I will! What I didn’t notice before were her eyes. They have tiny four pointed stars as the shine in each of them! And I enjoy her purse (I think it’s a purse? Bag of some kind) featuring the rebel alliance symbol on it. She also has a stand and the panels as well.
The red, blue and grey bands on the boxes do seem removable in order to allow the flaps to move. I’ll put them back on in order to protect the box, but for now, enjoy the three of them with panels exposed!

This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Online brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Barbie, arrived it has! (PIC HEAVY)
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2020, 01:06:53 PM »
Those are so pretty!  The R2 is my favorite.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2020, 03:08:27 PM »
Wow, these look gorgeous! I've never heard of them, so thanks for sharing the pictures! I love the fact that a toy line so much considered to be a girly one like Barbie releases SW-themed dolls. It can never be emphasized enough that SW is for girls too ^^

My favourite is R2, I just love the colour scheme and the head mold (which is a rare thing - I'm really not into Barbie as a doll line, and I basically never find the dolls appealing). I'm eager to see out of box pictures of her (so far I haven't really found any). I'm trying to look at her high price point as a good thing, as it keeps me from purchasing her, but if she was available around here and went on a sale, I'd probably be in trouble.

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Offline Satin Slipper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2020, 04:31:05 PM »
Very Glamorous!!! 
*Frolicking Away*

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2020, 08:58:49 PM »
Wow, these look gorgeous! I've never heard of them, so thanks for sharing the pictures! I love the fact that a toy line so much considered to be a girly one like Barbie releases SW-themed dolls. It can never be emphasized enough that SW is for girls too ^^

My favourite is R2, I just love the colour scheme and the head mold (which is a rare thing - I'm really not into Barbie as a doll line, and I basically never find the dolls appealing). I'm eager to see out of box pictures of her (so far I haven't really found any). I'm trying to look at her high price point as a good thing, as it keeps me from purchasing her, but if she was available around here and went on a sale, I'd probably be in trouble.
I like the r2 as well. I had to pay shipping and handling, but a sale was a sale. And I joined the Barbie signature club for free, so I got a bit of a discount on the sale as well. They’re lovely, but...I realized after they came in I don’t have space for them. So now their waiting in the basement.
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal