collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I need to get oranginzed  (Read 3220 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
I need to get oranginzed
« on: February 18, 2020, 03:11:31 PM »
Hi,

I need to get organized. I manage to keep track of the bills and stuff but there are many things I need to sort through, file or move to a better place. It's too big a job to do all at once but I am going to try to organize one small thing/area at a time. Does anyone else feel like they need to get organized too? Maybe we can encourage each other.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: February 18, 2020, 07:02:01 PM by Ponyfan »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: I need to get oranginzed
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2020, 03:18:34 PM »
Me, omg me. There is a pile of stuff on my desk that is *gestures* thiiiiiiiiiiiiis big. I don't even know what's in it anymore. Lots of papers, probably mostly junk. Also for some reason, a pair of shorts that no longer fit me. Why are they on my desk? I dunno!

Halp! :silly:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2020, 04:13:06 PM »
I love to get my space organized.  I can't function when it starts to get all cluttery.  I even went so far one month (notice I didn't say day or weekend) as to clear almost everything out of my room (literally only left the bed in the room) and cleaned where all the furniture was and as I put things back into my room I decided whether to keep, trash or donate it.  It was so nice and clean!  I will likely do that again sometime but it usually takes me several years of accumulating before I feel like I need to go that far. 

When I finished my taxes this last weekend, I cleaned out my bill box and shredded everything that i didn't need to keep anymore.  It's so much lighter now.  :)

My next sorting project is my puzzles.  I've already decided which ones to send to my sister (and made sure they had all the pieces) and now I'm going to put together the ones I'd like to keep and any that are missing pieces are going to go away.  No point in keeping puzzles that I can't actually put together...

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2020, 06:30:23 PM »
I’m always needing to get organized. I put all my important stuff in a spot, but I have like five different spots to put important stuff...
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2020, 07:15:49 PM »
It helps to know I'm not the only one that needs to get organized. Part of my problem is that I get overwhelmed when I try to organize and sort through stuff. I have 3 huge piles of stuff just on my desk to sort through.

I do have a special spot where I keep the bills until I've paid them so I don't lose track of them but there's a lot of extra stuff on my desk that doesn't belong. 

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: February 18, 2020, 07:22:31 PM by Ponyfan »

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2020, 07:30:54 PM »
I really need to get my room organized! I finally gave in and got a storage shed to help with overflow, but it’s so hard to decide what to put in there and what I just want to get rid of. I also just lack motivation. I feel like my days off just fly by and I never get anything meaningful done

Part of my problem is I’ve got wayyy too many tshirts. I need to get rid of some, but I feel like I have an emotional attachment to a lot of them. I get most of my shirts at concerts, so they’re all pretty unique and have good memories tied to them. I think I need to just take everything out of my closet and see what all I have. It’s so stuffed I don’t think I even see all the shirts I have in there.

Part of me just wants to gut my whole room and start over with a fresh layout. I feel so overwhelmed with everything I need to do.

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2020, 12:42:53 AM »
I’m always needing to get organized. I put all my important stuff in a spot, but I have like five different spots to put important stuff...

This...

Post Merge: February 19, 2020, 12:45:01 AM

I really need to get my room organized! I finally gave in and got a storage shed to help with overflow, but it’s so hard to decide what to put in there and what I just want to get rid of. I also just lack motivation. I feel like my days off just fly by and I never get anything meaningful done

Part of my problem is I’ve got wayyy too many tshirts. I need to get rid of some, but I feel like I have an emotional attachment to a lot of them. I get most of my shirts at concerts, so they’re all pretty unique and have good memories tied to them. I think I need to just take everything out of my closet and see what all I have. It’s so stuffed I don’t think I even see all the shirts I have in there.

Part of me just wants to gut my whole room and start over with a fresh layout. I feel so overwhelmed with everything I need to do.

The one thing I took away from the Marie Kondo show is the way she folds clothes and puts them in drawers. I find it means I can see all the stuff I don't use and still don't use it or get rid of it iether. But at least I can see it all  >_<
« Last Edit: February 19, 2020, 12:45:01 AM by Artemesia's Garden »
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2020, 07:46:33 AM »

Have you considered making the shirts that you don't wear into a quilt?  I've seen people do that before.  They cut the front of the shirt to be the quilt block and then they piece them together so that they can use it as a blanket instead.

https://babylock.com/learn-and-create/how-to/diy-basic-t-shirt-quilt-tutorial-part-1-1

One of the ways I weed out my clothing in my closet is to turn the hangers around.  Once I wear/wash the item, I turn the hanger back the right way.  After six months I go through everything that I haven't actually worn and decide whether to keep it for another round or donate it (if it's in good condition anyway).  Some people who I know that do this just automatically get rid of everything that they haven't worn but I have a few things that I only wear once or twice a year (my Hogwarts getup that I wear for comic con and Halloween for example) that I won't get rid of because I still use them.

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2020, 11:03:29 AM »
I have this issue too.  Our home gets so overwhelming due to clutter, things not put away, and baby toys or things our 1 year-old flings around the house.  No matter what I do to organize or try to put things away, it ends up back the same way.  We still have some wall things boxed up from our move 1.5 years ago too.  It's like a forever to-do list that never gets shorter.  That and my husband always does "his" projects first, whether or not they are a priority or something that has not been waiting as long to be done.  That and all the regular chores like dishes and laundry get overwhelming which puts the other stuff on the back burner.  When we moved, I tried getting rid of stuff we don't use and while I did that with my stuff, my husband did not.  He likes to store tools or clothes he is going to "rewear" in piles on the floor around the house which drives me nuts.

Post Merge: February 19, 2020, 11:04:12 AM

Have you considered making the shirts that you don't wear into a quilt?  I've seen people do that before.  They cut the front of the shirt to be the quilt block and then they piece them together so that they can use it as a blanket instead.

https://babylock.com/learn-and-create/how-to/diy-basic-t-shirt-quilt-tutorial-part-1-1

One of the ways I weed out my clothing in my closet is to turn the hangers around.  Once I wear/wash the item, I turn the hanger back the right way.  After six months I go through everything that I haven't actually worn and decide whether to keep it for another round or donate it (if it's in good condition anyway).  Some people who I know that do this just automatically get rid of everything that they haven't worn but I have a few things that I only wear once or twice a year (my Hogwarts getup that I wear for comic con and Halloween for example) that I won't get rid of because I still use them.

I have wanted to do one of these quilts but ended up getting rid of many shirts anyway.  I would like to do a pony one for all my pony shirts that do not fit anymore.  They are a cute idea.

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline plushroo

• Trade Count: (+252)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • princess Cotton Candy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2020, 11:48:48 AM »
YES! I'm in the process of organizing, not just my room, but the whole house which has been put off for many years. I just recently got around into sorting through all the totes in my home and organizing papers, documents and random things and putting them where they belong and getting rid/destroying what is no longer needed. It has been a long overdue process that has been put off due to various reasons through the years and now that I'm on a anti depressant that seems to work for me and am currently out of work, I'm making use of the time of doing what needs to get done. When I finally move out, I hope to be able to move my things and not lose track of them again.

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2020, 02:37:44 PM »
I'm getting there slowly. A lot of my room is collection mess and clothing and boxes...and there's a ton of stuff that I just don't need anymore! I'd like to move out in about two years so pairing down on my stuff would be a good start. I did sell off some Invader Zim stuff right before when the movie came out but I still have various odds and ends that I don't need.
I did finally put together a shelf for my reboots/Cutie Mark Crew. Baby steps.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2020, 04:25:51 PM »
I am in this position. Very slowly I'm getting bits and pieces done. I have problems organising/sequencing/planning things anyway, so I just have to look at what needs to be done and get overwhelmed trying to work out what to do first (then nothing happens).

But I have tried to focus on specific areas and bit by bit it's starting to work out. I managed to clear out a lot of old clothes the other week, so my wardrobe is now much more organised. I have my manga in boxes at last. I have extra shelves in the cupboard for the retro ponies. Still have the MH dolls to sort through, but getting there.

Don't give up on it. Take it one corner at a time and you'll make progress!
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2020, 10:42:45 PM »

This...
What? I have five different places I put important things, and then I forget where each individual important thing is. I know they’re in one of those five places...just not sure which exact one place. It’s not the best method, and I’m trying to get organized, but I just can never stay perfectly organized for long. Organized chaos is just my natural state. Anything that needs to be taken care of immediately is always on top of my desk, so I can deal with those. It’s long term things that get put in whatever place feels right that day. Maybe I should try storing things in my Swiss cheese memory?  Lots of holes to put things in there! :silly:
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2020, 04:24:06 PM »
I'm making a little progress.  I've started trying to sort out a few things each time I'm sitting at my desk.

Ponyfan

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2020, 07:19:55 AM »
I've been organizing my scrapbook embellishments as I work on my scrapbook.  I'm trying to only buy the things that I need until I use up all this extra stuff that I picked up just because it was cute.  I bought what they call "magnetic" pages to stick the various small, flat things (like sticker sheets) to so that I can see at a glance what I have and I'm trying to divide things up by theme so I can just look at the "pets" page for things like bones to embellish pictures of my dog.  The pages are not really magnetic, they have a thin coating of some sort of glue that doesn't stick to whatever you've stuck to it once you remove the item from the page and it has a thin plastic sheet that goes over the top of everything to keep the pages from sticking to each other.  It's weird but highly useful for this sort of thing because then I can just stick all those pages into a binder so I can flip through them instead of trying to dig through boxes of stickers.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal