collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Build-A-Bear Thread  (Read 4123 times)

Offline Dreamer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Build-A-Bear Thread
« on: February 13, 2020, 05:22:20 AM »
Build-A-Bear! Probably my favourite plushies  :frolic:

Discuss anything and everything BAB here. Want to show pics of your bears? Go ahead! Excited about news? Gush about them here! Just regular chit-chat? Sure!

I own two BABs, an Eevee and a Snubbul. The former smells like wildflowers, the latter, like strawberries. I love how they encourage customization with these toys :frolic: and the colorful patterns, and the whole process of making one (a tad corny, but charming!) I especially like that you get to choose how much stuffing you'll get inside your toy: I like licensed plushes, but most of the time they're so overstuffed they're little more than "soft figures", and plushies are meant for hugging! What can I say, I like my plushies at least a lil floppy  :biggrin:

Does anyone know if there's any website that keeps track of all the BABs ever released? I'd love to dive in into a page like that for hours, but I haven't been lucky yet

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
Re: Build-A-Bear Thread
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2020, 07:23:15 AM »
The more you hug them, the squishier they get! I think they also loose their stiffness as time goes on.
I have Eevee, Pikachu, and a smattering of ponies. I love the clothing they make, it's awfully cute.
I found a Wiki/Fandom (I hate that new domain) but it looks like it's not being updated.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2020, 08:00:11 AM »
I grew up with build a bear, and now we have a whole bunch. Between me and my two younger sisters, we have somewhere around 50+, because that’s where we would spend birthday money. I can’t list everybody, but we do have a bunch of ponies, a few of the dogs, a metric butt ton of bears and a sloth (who is in an ugly Christmas sweater). They used to have a website where you could register your bear using the code at the bottom of its birth certificate, and then play with it in the virtual world. Bearville.com I’m pretty sure it was called. I’m so upset that they got rid of it, because I loved playing on it, and I sometimes with I could go back and see how everybody’s doing. Visit my cub condo and see my bears rooms one more time...play the safari mini game...ah, so many memories!
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2020, 02:29:23 PM »
I love Build a Bear animals. :lovey:  For ages the closest BAb was 6 hours away but a couple of years ago the mall got one of the Kiosk style stores. They usually get the newest animals.

I have

Mickey Mouse

Princess Celestia

Princess Luna

Sunset Shimmer

Minty

Tempest

Songbird Serenade

Starlight Glimmer

Princess Twilight Sparkle

Elsa Bear

Sven

Disney Princess Bear

Brown Reindeer

Glisten

And a few National Teddybears day bears.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 04:36:53 PM by Ponyfan »

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2020, 05:37:33 PM »
Ooh! You’ve brought up my other obsession. XD

I love BaB! The customization options and clothing are right up my alley! I also love how many collabs they do... My most recent purchase is the Flareon gift set (I’m so excited about the future Eeveelutions, as well!). I also have all of the Dreamworks Dragons, which are amazing quality... MLP too, of course! I collect all kinds of their plush, though—my favorites are the adorable octopi they tend to release in summer. Fashion octopus? Yes please! X3

/gush
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 05:39:41 PM by Nemesis »
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2020, 06:26:55 AM »
OMG I looooove Build a Bear!! Sadly the line is coming to an end in Germany... all stores but two are closed now and the online shop is too.
But I still love them to pieces!

I have all MLP releases (minus Spike and the Cutie Mark Crusadors), I have lots of Pokemon and Dinosaurs, a Hello Kitty, some teddy bears and other animals and a Care bear too. My favourite is my Tatty Teddy, I named her Tilda <3 My daughther also loves them! I think her favourite is her bunny (a "Pawlette" model).

I also love the clothes, it was only yesterday that I recieved a few new (used) items from eBay. <3

Offline Dreamer

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2020, 08:07:38 AM »
At least you had Build-a-Bear, Einhorn! My country doesn't have them at all. Maybe i can get a hold of some online, tho! May i see pics of your plushies, please? I'd especially love to see the bears and the dinos!

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2020, 12:14:07 PM »
OMG I looooove Build a Bear!! Sadly the line is coming to an end in Germany... all stores but two are closed now and the online shop is too.
But I still love them to pieces!

Really? That's sad. I've never been at a store but always wanted to go just to ~experience it.

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2020, 12:27:40 PM »
I have Spike I think he's a great plush. I wish I had bought some Pokemon for Steve but our BAB shut down sadly.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2020, 12:32:33 PM »
I have one of every Build-A-Bear MLP they ever made, plus a good few MLP outfits. I love plushies!!!  However their sharkies are disappointing. Was going to get one or two for Bakana but they have LEGS!!! Some of their other mals are cool though & I wouldn't say no to their Care Bears
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal