collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Neopets Reboot  (Read 3366 times)

Offline Ragamuffin

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Neopets Reboot
« on: February 10, 2020, 06:13:13 PM »
Neopets... 2! *peggle2.gif*

I don't keep up with Neopets because even though I played it a little as a kid, I wasn't huge on it, and I haven't been able to get into it as an adult, either. So maybe this was hinted at previously, but there's going to be a new Neopets cartoon! Yes! I'm not kidding! Better late than never...? Along with the cartoon they're supposedly making a new Neopets site, a new app, and new merch. There's no further news about the new games and cartoon or what they'd even be called, as far as I know. Just that "the brand" will be "revamped" and "reimagined". The games are set to release some time this year.

The news was posted on the official Neopets site under "News": http://www.neopets.com/nf.phtml

And there are many articles about it including this one: https://kidscreen.com/2020/02/10/beach-house-pictures-adopts-neopets/

I guess this would be expected with Flash not being supported by the end of the year. I wonder what will happen to the old site? It has such a legacy, but only really the games require Flash, right? Imagine if they closed it down for good like Disney did with Club Penguin... I'm sure they wouldn't replicate that mistake. :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 06:17:20 PM by Ragamuffin »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
Re: Neopets Reboot
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2020, 06:31:39 PM »
I was super into Neopets as a 4th grader and still love the Aishas, but I have played less and less of the game every year...it feels so stagnant...nothing changes...
An animated series?? That's not the first choice I would have gone with for re-doing the brand, especially not with how it seems the only people who still play are the hardcore adults... :huh:

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2020, 07:12:23 PM »
I stopped playing Neopets... years ago, I can't even get onto my old account any more... the password I remember using doesn't work anymore which means I had changed it and yeah lost it XD

Only wanted to get back on my account to clear out some old images and links that were now broken XD
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2020, 07:12:07 AM »
Yeah, I haven't played recently, either.  I did try to get into my old accounts (I had made some for my niece and nephews that I was going to condense down to my main account and basically keep the pets I liked the best and dump all the stuff into the donation tree) but one of them was blocked and multiple e-mails asking why and if I can have it unblocked as I haven't used it in years, which means I didn't do the thing that got it blocked (my guess is someone was trying to guess my password and got it wrong too many times) have been completely ignored so I can't even do that with two of them.

I think the last time I played with any kind of regularity was before Nickelodeon bought it out.

Offline ColdRuru

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2020, 08:38:26 AM »
Since I've lost my ID long time ago, I was too disgusted to play again.
Was a game I was really involved in, maybe like 12 years ago?

Blog / Facebook Page

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2020, 10:10:37 AM »
I stopped playing Neopets after me and my "neofriends" starting getting harassed by someone who, using their own mailing system, claimed he was going to track down my friends and beat them up (using censored curse words) after a disagreement in our guild (he was kicked out for constantly starting arguments over everything, even things that didn't need to be contested). He even said he'd keep making multiple accounts to spy on us. He was reported, but Neopets did nothing. Despite this, they had already banned one of my accounts for cheating when I didn't actually cheat at all. I lost all respect for them after that.

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2020, 12:17:52 PM »
Pokeyonekenobie - there was a problem a few years back where someone got a hold of a bunch of accounts' info somehow (or something like that); a lot of people's accounts got "frozen for their protection". Speaking as someone who got hit by this, 9/10 it ended up locking out the actual owner >_< For me it happened at the exact same time I lost access to the email it was hooked up to, took me months before someone with actual sense saw the proof I'd given (very specific info that no one else would be able to know) and decided to unfreeze.

I love Neo, but I'll admit that a BIG reason as to why I never do anything on there nowadays is because I'm terrified of losing my accounts because of something stupid. :/

I heard about the cartoon... well, I'll believe it when I see it. (I know the announcement's official, I'm not saying it's fake - but I've seen official announcements for stuff that never panned out before. :p) I remember the rumours about a Neopets movie years ago, that never happened. Really it feels like they're ~15 years too late; a lot of people dropped off after the site revamp, and even more dropped off once Jumpstart got their hands on it. It's just sad going on there now, seeing what it's become. Not like it used to be.

They've been sort of quietly releasing new merch every so often, from what I've seen, so that isn't new... I don't think Flash shutting down is necessarily a problem; the only things that relied on that were the games, maps and plot comics, and they've already fixed most of the maps. I'm pretty sure I remember them saying they're working on something for the games, too (might be misremembering though).

Well... I just hope they don't mess up the site any more. They've mentioned an app before, I guess we'll see how it pans out.. but a cartoon... I really can't see it... just feels odd. Especially after all this time.

Offline Goanna

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2020, 05:55:21 PM »
Huh, interesting!  :blink:
I wonder how the pets will appear in the cartoon, since they appear in different ways on the site; anthro like the shopkeepers etc, or four-legged like the actual pets?

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2020, 10:08:16 PM »
Pokeyonekenobie - there was a problem a few years back where someone got a hold of a bunch of accounts' info somehow (or something like that); a lot of people's accounts got "frozen for their protection". Speaking as someone who got hit by this, 9/10 it ended up locking out the actual owner >_< For me it happened at the exact same time I lost access to the email it was hooked up to, took me months before someone with actual sense saw the proof I'd given (very specific info that no one else would be able to know) and decided to unfreeze.

I love Neo, but I'll admit that a BIG reason as to why I never do anything on there nowadays is because I'm terrified of losing my accounts because of something stupid. :/

I heard about the cartoon... well, I'll believe it when I see it. (I know the announcement's official, I'm not saying it's fake - but I've seen official announcements for stuff that never panned out before. :p) I remember the rumours about a Neopets movie years ago, that never happened. Really it feels like they're ~15 years too late; a lot of people dropped off after the site revamp, and even more dropped off once Jumpstart got their hands on it. It's just sad going on there now, seeing what it's become. Not like it used to be.

They've been sort of quietly releasing new merch every so often, from what I've seen, so that isn't new... I don't think Flash shutting down is necessarily a problem; the only things that relied on that were the games, maps and plot comics, and they've already fixed most of the maps. I'm pretty sure I remember them saying they're working on something for the games, too (might be misremembering though).

Well... I just hope they don't mess up the site any more. They've mentioned an app before, I guess we'll see how it pans out.. but a cartoon... I really can't see it... just feels odd. Especially after all this time.
That would explain why after all the reset your password emails I got I could never get back into the game.... I was only a casual player so not a big loss I moved onto chicken smoothie instead
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2020, 06:36:26 AM »

Actually I got back onto two of my other accounts that I had a backups if I ever could not get on my main account and flash is used for quite a few things outside of games and maps. All the Pet Profiles use flash it now even if you use the HTML option. I remember the switch when they did it because I was upset that we lost the uniqueness of the style for the pets (I don't know what company did the swap from pets not being able to wear things to being able to, it was either Viacom before JumpStart took over or it was JumpStart afterwards... I think it was Viacom though)

Either way my friend is trying to get me back into Neo... really they wanted to just pay me back for getting a paint brush for them a long time ago lol.

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2020, 09:24:08 AM »
oh how did I forget about the pets?! I guess cause I don't look at lookups all that often any more, since they added those stupid Captchas that you have to fill out before you can access them. Ridiculous. But yeah, that's a point, damn. I hope they can change those to HTML5 or whatever the "new" Flash format is.

It was Viacom that revamped the whole site. I still miss the old art. Give me different poses and cute art over the ability to stick a hat on my Wocky any day.

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2020, 08:36:08 AM »
oh how did I forget about the pets?! I guess cause I don't look at lookups all that often any more, since they added those stupid Captchas that you have to fill out before you can access them. Ridiculous. But yeah, that's a point, damn. I hope they can change those to HTML5 or whatever the "new" Flash format is.

It was Viacom that revamped the whole site. I still miss the old art. Give me different poses and cute art over the ability to stick a hat on my Wocky any day.
I think the current owners did away with the Captchas. It just takes a bit longer to load the profiles now but I have not ran into any Captchas.

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2020, 10:13:52 AM »
Jumpstart added the captchas anyway, but oooh I forgot they'd gotten rid of them :o When they added those, I was so annoyed by it that I just kinda stopped looking at lookups.. That's good to know, thanks. :B I dunno WHY they did that, it was ridiculous.

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2020, 07:02:49 PM »
Got me, but I finally got back into my old Neopets account. The support person sent me a temp password and apparently changed my email on my account for me. I may not play on there much... it will take a while to get back into the swing of things lol

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal