collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Highlights with no bangs  (Read 1279 times)

Offline Myrskytär

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
Highlights with no bangs
« on: February 08, 2020, 07:35:52 AM »
Hi everypony,

I just received this fella for a little cleaning and partly rehairing (some plugs missing from the back of the head). She still has the lovely factory waves in her hair. Then I realized she should also have bangs, but there's absolutely no sign of any hair on her forehead. Instead, there's two lines like someone in the factory was going to make her more hair, but then quit the job.

I didn't find any signs of her being rehaired either.

Is this common? Are there more Highlights-ponies like this one, without forelock? The pony's owner would like the pony to have bangs, but I doubt if I should make her new hair, if this is a factory error pony.

What do you think?  :wonder:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

« Last Edit: February 08, 2020, 07:38:16 AM by Myrskytär »

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Re: Highlights with no bangs
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2020, 09:46:49 AM »
I suppose it is possible that she for some reason never had hair in the plugs for some reason, but ponies can just loose their hair in some plugs over time if the strands have fallen out. Though it's certainly strange that they're all in one concentrated spot, rather than random places. :wonder:

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2020, 10:04:15 AM »
My guess is factory error where they just missed putting in the "bangs" part of the hair.

I think the unfinished line guides are from when the mold was first created (for Cherries Jubilee or whoever).  IIRC that set of pony didn't have a regular forelock, their bangs went "sideways" across their forehead compared to a normal pony hairline.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2020, 07:03:45 AM »
My first instinct on reading the heading was that it was a matter of the fringe being brushed back into the mane because I've seen that happen a few times on the hairdo ponies, but looking at the picture it really doesn't look that way.

I went and got my Highlights out to compare to your photo and those two lines don't mean anything. Mine has them too, and she also has a fringe.

The thing is that the fringe is rooted horizantally across the front of the mane, so you would have a separate line of plugs across the front of the mane rooting if your pony had a fringe originally. I can try and take a picture if it would help but mine has about five or six plugs (some are very pressed together) at the back row and then a couple more on the two front rows of the fringe (again, they merge together in places). So you should have three small rows of holes that run across those two lines.

I can't see that in your photo but you can probably check better than I can. Your pony has obviously been played with and her hair has been braided and styled so it's not in the original crimp...but I genuinely can't see any sign that yours ever had a rooted line of hair across the front.

If she didn't, then she's a factory error and probably should NOT be altered.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 07:05:45 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal