collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 2 new Transformers films in the works  (Read 951 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
2 new Transformers films in the works
« on: January 28, 2020, 03:50:04 PM »
https://geektyrant.com/news/two-new-transformers-movies-are-in-development-and-one-includes-beast-wars

A sequel to Bumblebee. Okay fine. But no, it doesn't need more Bayheim.

And Beast Wars. Well, I'm sure that'll get BW/BM fans either hyped or horrified.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Re: 2 new Transformers films in the works
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2020, 04:54:35 PM »
I saw that announcement too, and I'm excited!  Excited because Bay isn't working on any of these, ha ha ha.  But neither is Travis Knight (the Bumblebee director);  so I just hope to god the directors they get "understand" the franchise.  Like, that the robots are supposed to be characters, not just set pieces that occasionally blow up.  :P

I am guessing the plot of the Beast Wars series will be majorly overhauled, because studios freak out at the idea of having movies without human sidekicks.

I also wonder if they're going to go the "realistic animal" route for their beast modes, or jump straight to transmetal (robot-looking) beast modes?  I just wonder if a realistic cheetah coming apart at the scenes might come across as grotesque?

Of course ideally they will all just be humans with CGI furry bodies, like "Cats 2019"--no wait, I am kidding, put down the pitchforks--
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2020, 05:33:31 PM »
Aaand you heard it right here folks! Sequel to Cats CON-firmed.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 09:07:47 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline StayGoldPonyboy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2020, 08:29:03 PM »
BEAST WARS [roar]

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2020, 08:05:55 AM »
Given what these writers worked on before, there is no way in hell they are going to be able to reproduce the Beast Wars characters I know and love, so I am looking towards that with fear in my eyes. I have a hunch they are trying to put humans in that one. Please don't!

Bumblebee sequel being helmed by different people than the first one could go terribly wrong, too. But the first one can be seen as a stand-alone so I have less emotional attachment to that property.
I am happy with the one I got (seriously, it is the best TF movie ever made).

If they get Dinobot wrong I'll fall into a nerd rage. If they get Black Arachnia wrong... hot damn. She is the easiest to mess up beause of her token-ness and intentional sex appeal (just imagine two capital knockers on the spider from Lord of the Rings, lmao!).

I would enjoy the "realistic animal that comes apart" route just to have something that looks and feels divorced from the Bayformers look. I did love the Bumblebee designs but you know what I mean. I also want more female characters than just a spider and a bird. Like I would rejoice if Rhinox was a female. Female rhinos don't look any different than male rhinos, so.
And obviously make Inferno a girl! I like the original but come on, "he" is already a female animal in beast mode...

It wouldn't be too freaky looking if they just did not include fleshy parts, imo. Robotic insides, no blood vessels, no wetness to their eyes, mouth, nose, etc.
A bit of a merge between Beast Wars and Beast Machines would be perfect for me. And have them all make gear noises when they walk :lol:
« Last Edit: January 30, 2020, 08:08:54 AM by Zapper »

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2020, 10:40:39 AM »
I hope they can do the Bumblebee movie justice.  I loved it so much.

I was never emotionally invested in Beast Wars.  I liked the animal idea and some of the drama, but it kind of just made me miss G1 more.  I am a fan of intelligent aliens trying to adapt to new environments stories and I really love the idea of an animal world.   I hope whatever they make isn't terribly cringy.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Sig art by SquarePeg!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal