collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Getting time to spend with your ponies  (Read 4355 times)

Offline Barnacle_lady

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Getting time to spend with your ponies
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2020, 06:42:57 AM »
I am waiting for some extra cash to buy a billy or some other closet so I can unbox the final boxes mostly g2 and ponyville. And sometimes I do need some motivation to shifting ponies around to make it less boring :)

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2020, 08:32:39 AM »
Sounds like you guys need to call for reinforcements. :p

Are you volunteering? How generous of you.

Wait, why are you gathering together so many empty suitcases O.O

Cuz if I'm gonna go to England, I'm gonna need extra for souvenirs.  :P

Would those souvenirs be small, plastic and pony shaped by any chance...??

@Nessa - I also don't really like spa day. One or two ponies is fine, but the idea of doing my whole collection...is the stuff of nightmares.

I am so glad I am not the only one.  Nightmares indeed!  I can handle doing a few bodies with a Magic Eraser and a cloth but hair is the worst, compounded that I do not do my own hair ever.  So, I feel overwhelmed and incompetent with making their hair less frizzy, etc.  I even got a tiny travel hair straightener to try to defrizz some but am so far too scared to use it.  Thanks goodness most of my G1s have decent hair or came from collectors that had already done it.  G3s though are mainly 2nd hand and some have truly terrifying hair. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2020, 07:13:25 PM »
I kinda wish I had time to finish washing them all. I really pushed myself to get it done. I think it they needed it after sitting in boxes for so long. I also think of working on another custom pony. Though I been sewing little animals which is a nice change of pace.

Offline NightGliderSA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2020, 09:17:35 PM »
I would absolutely love to spa my ponies again, but there are a lot of them now so: time. I also have ponies waiting patiently for new hair, which again needs time. And some customs which I really am dying to get to. However I have 2 kids and I work, so time is something that is extremely hard to come by.

Offline Elfpony

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2020, 04:44:24 AM »
The pony room is always a work in progress, but there hasn’t been a lot of progress lately. We’re also slowly resetting our tv area and moving some of our collectibles down there, so there are a bunch of things that need to be packed out of the pony room and moved (secondary collections like the EQG minis, pony books, blind bags, etc. ) But first we need to buy the furniture for the tv area. I need to win the lottery so I have enough time and money for ponies! ;)

Elf

Offline starstrider

• Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pony pride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2020, 02:33:13 PM »
I recently realised that the more time I spend with my ponies, the less I feel the need to buy more. My collection lives in storage, so I rarely get to enjoy actually touching or playing with them. When I have ponies or playsets on display, I feel deeply contented. I've recently been sorting through my ponies, and it helped me to realise that I have a great collection just as it is, the kind of collection I could only dream of as a child. Realising that properly helped me to feel satisfied with what I have, and it's helped me to rein in my pony spending which was admittedly getting out of control. Now my goal is to set up my pony room, so I can finally display them properly. I think it will help me a lot to have them displayed so that I can see them any time I want. It's always such a joy to be able to admire them.  I definitely wish I could spend more time with my collection!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2020, 07:20:33 PM »
I recently realised that the more time I spend with my ponies, the less I feel the need to buy more. My collection lives in storage, so I rarely get to enjoy actually touching or playing with them. When I have ponies or playsets on display, I feel deeply contented. I've recently been sorting through my ponies, and it helped me to realise that I have a great collection just as it is, the kind of collection I could only dream of as a child. Realising that properly helped me to feel satisfied with what I have, and it's helped me to rein in my pony spending which was admittedly getting out of control. Now my goal is to set up my pony room, so I can finally display them properly. I think it will help me a lot to have them displayed so that I can see them any time I want. It's always such a joy to be able to admire them.  I definitely wish I could spend more time with my collection!

:iconclap:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2020, 04:47:29 AM »
it's so good to read through and see that I am not alone! By HQCG1 ponies arrived recently and I'm just working through those and a backlog of other purchases before I brag. However, I don't seem to be able to find the energy to go up into the loft and check for ponies! I have a few days of holiday from work so tomorrow could be the day.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline 13blackcats

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2020, 08:06:30 PM »
I want to go through and photograph all of my ponies in sets....I just had a spa last night to wash up my latest flea market finds. There are still some g3s I need to wash up that I got off of eBay. It would be nice to just have one whole day, no wait, one whole weekend to spend with my ponies! :D
:happy: :awake: :enthralled: :accomplished: :good:

Offline SpacePinto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2020, 09:47:29 PM »
I certainly do, both of my ponies could use some hair styling, but it feels like 2020 is nothing but busy days for me so far, whenever I think I will finally have some time in the evening to sit down with them, something always comes up :sad:
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline Shimmer Mist

• Brush N Grow Pony
  • Also likes transforming plastic robots
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2020, 10:55:29 AM »
Glad to see I'm not the only one whose collection lives in boxes. ^^; I kinda feel guilty about keeping them in storage. Like, why do I have ponies if I'm not gonna display them? I also get flack from people about "how many I have" since it looks like a LOT more when all they see are shoeboxes.

I have the space just no shelving to put up all my ponies. I also don't have a lot of motivation to clean them up, either. On my days off all I want to do is be a couch potato since I work on my feet all the time. Also, I feel like If I clean up one for display, I should do them ALL and that's where it starts to feel overwhelming.

Offline Esbayne

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I can die happy when there's a G1 scented perfume.
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2020, 11:24:45 PM »
My collection was just in boxes and I have been thinking about these things for over a year now! They're still in sandwich bags and suitcases right now, tomorrow is the glorious day they finally get shelved!

But I love to draw them and imagine personalities for them, and the groups of friends and stories they have within my herd. I also have maybe a smaaalll addiction to thrifting and restoring them lol, but I am very choose-y about said thrifted ponies.

LONG LIVE HEARTSPRINKLE
 https://mh-merch.com/checklist/122/ visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Esbayne on PonyIsland.net as well.
:art: :relaxed: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :frolic: :silly:

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2020, 05:04:09 AM »
Thankfully it seems like this year I’ll have a fair bit of time with my ponies! I work graveyards at a call center, so in my downtime I try to photograph and draw one of the ponies in my collection every day I work. It’s given me a nice chance to appreciate who all I have in my collection, sometimes my ponies can get lost in the shuffle with how stuffed my shelves are! :lol: I also bought a couple bead sets and I’m trying to make necklaces for them too. I’ve been having fun giving them a personal touch. :)

I do wish I had more time during my days off to reorganize my collection and give a spa day to some of my grungier members. If anything I wish I had more space! :P So far I can have everyone out, but I’m at my limit. Soon I’m going to have to start moving some of my collection to storage. I try to only buy in the “wild” to control space, but if I see a good deal pass over my screen it can be hard to pass up! ;)

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline Queen Sophie

• Mighty Morphin Power Pony
  • Shy Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2020, 06:52:32 PM »
I definitely do have the time but not the money since, I’m still with my parents, having not the best job (minimum wage $7.24), since I have to pay for my horses shoes every few weeks, and other things I’m still learning as a young adult.

I LOVE getting new ponies and fixing them up! It’s relaxing and really makes me happy during hard times! Hopefully I can get a better job, learn how to manage money, and treat myself to ponies a little bit at a time!
 :art:

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2020, 10:09:15 AM »
Glad to see I'm not the only one whose collection lives in boxes. ^^; I kinda feel guilty about keeping them in storage. Like, why do I have ponies if I'm not gonna display them? I also get flack from people about "how many I have" since it looks like a LOT more when all they see are shoeboxes.

I have the space just no shelving to put up all my ponies. I also don't have a lot of motivation to clean them up, either. On my days off all I want to do is be a couch potato since I work on my feet all the time. Also, I feel like If I clean up one for display, I should do them ALL and that's where it starts to feel overwhelming.

You probably already thought of this but could you find space to display one set or small group at a time? Then you could get just a few out and work on cleaning them up until the display is complete. Then one day wrap them in acid free tissue paper, put them away and swap out new group. If mine needed cleaning that is what I'd do.

tomorrow is the glorious day they finally get shelved!

I'd love to see them if you fancy sharing pictures!

:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal