collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Show Me Your Potion Novas!  (Read 832 times)

Offline Mana Minori

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Show Me Your Potion Novas!
« on: January 27, 2020, 08:39:00 PM »
Deary me! I fell head over heels in love with this girl! I certainly didn’t expect to throw my money at any pony merch this year, but I caved and somehow wound up with this little sweetie in my herd! And of course, once she was in my possession, I immediately had to make some saddlebags for her! Then I had to go buy her some potion bottles to carry in her saddlebags! Then I had to go buy her books and display cases for her lab! She’s by far my most spoiled pony in the herd!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

https://happypastelponies.tumblr.com/image/190508051008

After all that, then I had to develop her character, and just may have written a novel instead. XD I may have been overcompensating for the fact that she didn’t come with a backcard or any characterization at her initial purchase.

Spoiler

Name: “Potion” Nova

Dislikes: Celestia, sour and spicy foods,

Favorite food: cookies

Favorite drink: strawberry milk

Pet: sloth

Backstory: Nova is the daughter of Moondancer. Shortly after Moondancer’s vicious battle with the Dark Lord Algol, she appealed to the g1 Celestial Ponies to provide her with a means to exact her revenge on her foe. The Celestials agreed and combined their powers to create a “Starling” (a rare pony that was created by them for the purpose of acting as an envoy to interact with the earthlings in their stead).

The name that was bestowed upon her was “Nova”, and the condition that Moondancer received her was under adoption. Motherhood didn’t come easy for Moondancer, but she managed to sway the elder, Milky Way, to take her daughter in as her first (and only) student. It was crucial to learn from The elder, for Nova was to eventually engage in battle with Algol. Moondancer knew that this pony’s powers far surpassed her own.

But Nova wasn’t keen on taking up the challenge that had been imposed onto her. She often slept through her classes and didn’t take her lessons seriously, in spite of being given a tremendous privilege to learn from the untapped spring of the Milky Way’s well of wisdom. Even so, Milky Way didn’t give up on her. She deduced that Nova simply needed to learn her lessons the hard way, and so a trip into the dangerous Black Mountains was in order.

Nova’s harsh training came from scaling the mountain, and having to keep up with the elder’s pace. But she was soon left behind and had to survive in a cave alone for three nights. Sleep was scarce, as she spent much of her time looking out for the monsters that sought to kill her. On the second day, as she was venturing out to look for food, she fell into a pit that The elder had dug as a trap, and was unable to get out on her own. When the elder returned on the third day, Nova accepted her terms which required her to take her lessons seriously, in exchange for Milky Way’s aid in exiting the hole and getting off the mountain.

When Nova returned home, she was educated for years on the art of potion crafting, and she soon became known by others as “Potion Nova”, as she grew more skilled in her craft. Before long, the elder revealed that Algol would not be defeated by mere unicorn magic, but rather, through “mirrored means”. The riddle led Potion Nova to travel and search for an answer, and what she eventually found was something she never expected.

Much to any unicorn’s bewilderment, the key to defeating such an ancient evil was, astonishingly, through Earth Pony magic! She learned of an ancient text from a long, forgotten civilization of the race of earth ponies, and their home rumored as Treasure Island. During her search for the island, Potion Nova met Orion, who aided her in creating a special containment field meant to imprison Algol for all time. The created space lie along the boundaries of the celestial plane and physical, and was named “Tartarus”.

Once Potion Nova engaged and trapped Algol (who had then possessed the body of the King of Stellaria), she found that the battle to contain him had drained her entirely of her magic and stunted her growth). Though it was considered a small loss to her. From then onward, Nova had to rely on her potions to achieve her desired results.

Only some millennia later, it is learned that Algol the Dragon King was removed from Tartarus by a pony named Celestia, who wages to reform him under an age and reformation spell, and use him as a test and a tool for one of her own most faithful students to be open to friendship.

Likes: going out on adventures with Orion, harvesting botanicals from the forest with Zecora, engaging in playtime with the baby ponies (but she holds a special spot in her heart for Little Honey Pie and Baby Ember)

Extra Info: she suffers from chronic nightmares of her fight with Algol (as does her mother, Moondancer) and usually always has bags under her eyes due to a combination of stress and lack of sleep. Due to this, she has a tendency to respond to irritation from anyone with snark and sarcasm.

In spite of her appearance, she is much older than Celestia and Luna, due to being a Starling created by the Celestial Ponies. Similar to the nature of a star, she can achieve the state of a supernova and hypernova, under certain conditions.

She created “Moons” and “Magpie” (a.k.a “Maggie”)- two faeries that serve as her bodyguards.

All that being said, I want to now see the photos you guys have taken and the characters you guys have given to your own Potion Novas of your herds!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 09:25:58 PM by nightmare muffin »
formerly nightmare muffin

Offline AnnaPommes

• glow-in-the-dark pony
  • Trade Count: (+62)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pommes cute things
Re: Show Me Your Potion Novas!
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2020, 02:44:47 AM »
you made a nice and very detailed story! i love the little saddlebags you crafted for her.
i am looking forward to see more of your story photos. ^^

well, my potion novas name is Maya and my AJ is called Alice. they just arrived last week!

since the weather is still a bit gray in germany, maya learns how to raise the sun with celestia. ^^
~ Visit the Pommes-shop ~
www.etsy.com/shop/AnnagretStudio With usefull artprints, cute decor, stationery and crafting kits!
Or linktree with more fancy things!
wonderfull avatar by the lovely Shaiyeh!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2020, 09:03:26 AM »
Wow I love those saddle bags!

Offline PinkieLopBun

• Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2020, 09:12:52 AM »
Just got mine yesterday. I typically don't care too much about the accessories, but I love the ones she came with.
Follow me on Twitter and Tumblr.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2020, 10:17:26 AM »
Great job with the saddlebags!
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Ragamuffin

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2020, 11:25:44 AM »
I don't own her (yet!) but here's art I made of her!

Offline Mana Minori

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2020, 11:57:15 AM »
I don't own her (yet!) but here's art I made of her!

i like the Crystal Pony style you gave to her! How long did this take you to draw?
formerly nightmare muffin

Offline maycrestmom

• Trade Count: (+114)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2020, 01:42:00 PM »
ok those are adorable pics and way awesome-ness to make her saddlebags

not gonna lie that look is just  "bleck" to me when like the art above they could have still gone on IMO with the G4-line and just added characters

ok I am biased in how many brushable G3s there were that I'm sorry I think ya'll with the FiM scene got scammed with the shelf-dander/card = blind bag = herd collectables when it seems pretty obvious the whole point of MLP is brushable hair ( toys that made us episode can confirm)

so really cool how you brought her to life and I'm sure she can have plenty of adventures but man, those eyes with no muzzle take getting use to for this ol' mare

loves me dem green ponies (thank you Lunar!)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal