collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What kind of merchandise collector are you?  (Read 2882 times)

Offline Leikin

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • https://www.instagram.com/leikinit/
What kind of merchandise collector are you?
« on: January 26, 2020, 12:01:55 PM »
I know there are quite a few merchendise collectors out there, so I'm curious to hear how you collect. Do you buy Everything pony merchandise, or do you focus on special things, like only puzzles, rubbers and so on, or do you focus on merch including a particular pony only?

Let me see those merch Collections! I want to drool!  :biggrin:
Wanted: MOC Geman baby Lemon Drop, MIB baby Lemon Drop with purple stroller, MOC Rainbow Confetti, MOC Euro(NSS) Buttons, ,  and UK carded rainbow ponies.
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,391446.0.html
Follow me and my Collection at https://www.instagram.com/leikinit/

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: What kind of merchandise collector are you?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2020, 12:50:27 PM »
My mom accidentally started a G4 merch collection for me by buying pony stuff she thought was either cute or weird. I've amassed quite a bit of G4 related things. I don't have pics and most of it is put away since I don't have room but my favorite things are a Yatzee game. The dice tumbler is a big Rainbow Dash and the dice have cutie marks instead of numbers. It totally weird and awesome.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2020, 01:03:26 PM »
I buy whatever speaks to me! I like useful items, and my Mom has a hand in picking up pony things that she sees that I might not have yet.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2020, 02:02:46 PM »
I just pick up a very few items if I like the artwork. For example I have the G1 Bubbles alarm clock and maybe some G1 sowing cards. I love colouring and story books. For G4 I have a carry case and some stationary.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Deep Purple Crystal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • "Jewels! Jewels in your eyes!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2020, 03:16:57 PM »
As a sift through this site's archives probably reveals, I've been collecting the G1 comics (both UK Egmont runs) for several years now (I've basically lost count at this point, but I thiiiink I have around 32 remaining to complete both the MLP and MLP&Friends runs... ah, Baby Lickety cloning issue, why do you continue to evade me?), although my pursuit of this... lofty goal has led to some unexpected side acquisitions, most notably a pile of UK Activity Club merchandise I received in a lot a while back (including luminously illustrated wall friezes, drawstring bags, the 1987 calendar and the UK variant of the Adventures in Ponyland game complete with playing tokens for Mountain Boys Sunburst and Lightning). It's an overall rewarding collecting sidebar, although the interim between notable lots can elapse into months and the coveted set-completing issues which do emerge from the ether can fetch comical prices ($31 for MLP & Friends 26... surely you jest) before subsequently disappearing for the next two years or so. The magic wishing bananas, bizarre set origins ("JEWELS! JEWELS IN YOUR EYES!") and Majesty antics are well worth the price of admission though.

Thanks to LordBlumiere and Corona for the amazing Masquerade and Baby Sugarcake in my sig!

Offline lordalexander74

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2020, 04:10:17 PM »
Started collecting G4 ponies a year or two after it started. Focused on grabbing at least one of every unique character, I don't have room for every release of the Mane 6. Got a small army of G4 Applejack toys though, cause she's my favorite of the mane 6.

Spoiler

Ran out of room mostly, I can make some room rarer variations I don't have yet. Harder to find toys like prototypes, factory errors, and the funko Hikari Rainbow Dash line (Two variations of which I have yet to find on Ebay)

Spoiler

Lately I've came across several older gen MLP toys, again avoiding duplicates. From a toyline perspective, I prefer older MLP toys, they look more like equines than recent G4 molds.

Other than that, I really don't have much room for pony loot anymore. Got a handful of high end custom plushies, and am grabbing convention mascot plushies whenever I'm at cons.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 04:14:13 PM by lordalexander74 »
Thanks to Lunacat for the lovely art

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2020, 04:36:28 PM »
I have all sorts of merch in my collection, but my favorite kinds are books and greeting cards.

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Ragamuffin

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2020, 05:07:12 PM »
Mostly print media, like books, but I'd love to collect things like birthday/holiday cards, stationary, and Valentines! :biggrin: I just love looking at the art... The G4 trading cards and whatnot don't interest me, though. I have a few cards from way back when but it's all screencaps from the show... nothing very exciting.

I have a small goal of owning every MLP video game physically. I only have three right now (Friendship Gardens, G3 PC Playpack, Puzzleventure), but they're all pretty cheap to acquire. I'm not going out of my way to buy any right now, but if I ever get in the mood to buy one, it's not too hard.

I also would like to collect Christmas ornaments... mostly the G3 ones because they're so pretty! But the recent G1 Hallmark ones are nice too.

Offline Shaz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2020, 01:30:24 AM »
I have a weakness for sticker books, especially if they're in foreign languages (I know, I'm strange). My favourite at the moment is my G3 Croatian sticker book. All the ponies have Croatian names! I also have G1 sticker books (from France, Germany, Venezuela and Argentina), some random G1 stickers without a book to live in (they're from Portugal), a German G3 sticker book, and a couple of G4 sticker books (in English, I bought them new). I also have G1 storybooks in Chinese! So cool! Basically, I just can't resist anything involving books/stickers/foreign languages :)

I also pick up anything G1 that I find in charity shops, so I have a couple of mugs, some Lickety-Split earmuffs (sadly too small for me to wear comfortably), and a cute blanket for a dolls' crib with Bow Tie on it.

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2020, 06:00:29 AM »
I dabble in whatever I find... Mostly just local stuff that I've gotten at thrifts. I broke down and bought party items online because I do remember having a mlp theme b-day part at McD's back in the day...

Only a few pics will be shared as I don't want to crash the system...

I also enjoy puzzles.

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2020, 06:40:23 AM »
G1, not everything but whatever I get my hands on all other gens- daily use type of items
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2020, 07:49:54 AM »
I love mlp merch.:)  I usually buy what speaks to me but I also have a few G4 things that a very good friend sent me.

Here's a few pics of some of mine

Spoiler

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Rychu

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2020, 10:11:28 AM »
I pretty much just collect plushies in any toy line i like. Whether its care bears or mlp or some other toy line. Plushies are my go to :)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2020, 10:43:32 AM »
When G1 stuff was plentiful at carboots I amassed all kinds of weird and wonderful stuff and even though I've rehomed a large amount of that now (space/priorities/etc) I still have some cool things in my collection. But I wouldn't say I have any kind of overall organisation about the stuff I kept. I have all the stuff I can find from my childhood and then whatever appeals and is easy to store beyond that.

We have a lot of plushies. The only ones I care about are my Honeycomb, my sister's PJ cases and the baby plushies, but neither sister or I can remember which others belong to whom and she doesn't want to sell them so they're all in the attic somewhere except those mentioned above. (I have a G3 SweetSong Plush and a couple of BAB as well but I don't really count them as merch).

I do have almost all the comics, I'm missing mostly MLP&Friends comics because I never had them as a child. I have all my club material from when I was a kid but am missing bits from the years I wasn't a club member. I have a lot of pamphlets from the UK and various other places but am still missing the one for baby Ribbons and Hearts. I have a lot of backcards (if they count) but still have some gaps.

From my childhood I have things like my Surprise pencil sharpener shaped like a padlock and my Skyflier scissors. Also a hairclip featuring Summer Heatwave (remember also having tropical pony socks as a child but think they didn't survive)...the shoebox to my childhood pony trainers (box is flattened but survives, shoes don't). I also have some Christmas cards and a birthday card from when I was 6 with Heart Throb and Baby Heart Throb on it. And then I have (I think) a couple of stickles (I certainly had Skyflier and someone else at one point) and a puzzle with Glory on and a few other things like that. There's a nightgown somewhere with ponies on, and some pyjamas and slippers that came from carboot sales.

And three bicycles. Which I would love to rehome but the possibility of doing so is very limited given that I have no intention of posting them.

Some of my merch mentioned above are pictured in this thread from ages back now.
http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,371674.msg1438506.html#msg1438506
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 10:48:57 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2020, 12:35:44 PM »
For G1 and G2, anything and everything.  The weirder/more obscure, the better.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal