collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What do you like other than ponies?  (Read 7530 times)

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
Re: What do you like other than ponies?
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2020, 11:34:03 PM »
I read, mainly fantasy and crime novels but a lot of different things has been read through the years. I play videogames, computer games, watch a lot of movies, anime (even if I haven't been activly watching for a number of years now), I paint, cross stitch, write, craft etc. I do a little bit of everything. But reading is the main-thing.

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2020, 02:23:54 AM »
I really like gardening and going to art galleries

Oh! I can't believe I forgot gardening and plants!!

:frolic:
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline EnaRocketQueen

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess of Equestria <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2020, 04:28:53 AM »
Beanie Boo owls, writing and rock bands

Offline pawpatrolbab

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Power Puff Pony
  • Never be afraid to be yourself
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2020, 06:41:49 AM »
For hobbies: I really enjoy coloring
Other collections: Build A Bear, Jurassic Park, Paw Patrol, Breyer
🌈Wordpress Blog: https://natescoloringbook.wordpress.com/
✨Tumblr Blog: https://crayoncritter.tumblr.com/
I don't have much of a collection anymore due to immigrating but I hope to bring my trade score up so I can participate in the future! Always open and looking to make friends with fellow adults 💙 Please don't hesitate to shoot me a message!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2020, 08:04:37 AM »
I really like gardening and going to art galleries

Oh! I can't believe I forgot gardening and plants!!

:frolic:

I am still officially in mourning at the loss of Nathaniel last November. It may seem crazy but Nathaniel (Nat) was a Madagascan Dragon Tree I rescued from my library when it closed and he was about ten or fifteen years old then. He lived with us happily for eight years but last November old age finally caught up with him and he died. Having had him for so long and with him being a memento of my library, it was a bit like losing a pet.

(The name came from the library, when my boss and I were trying to find homes for all the plants, we gave them all names and made an adoption leaflet, but nobody wanted Nat and so he ended up coming home with me)

My biggest regret is that I never took a proper photograph of him when he was at his best.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2020, 09:28:09 AM »
I am surprised a thread like this has not really popped up before now. 

I feel like many of my interests are on hold at the moment, things that I really enjoy doing but just do not have the money, space, or time to do the last few years. 

Scrapbooking (hold)

Reading: mainly paranormal romances especially involving vampires and werewolves-favorite authors include Amanda Ashley, Jeaniene Frost, and Keri Arthur, and historical romances-favorite author is Catherine Coulter

horseback riding (hold) and horses in general-my horse will be 31 this year.  We have not been riding in a few years now due to my back issues and her lameness issues but she is otherwise in really good health.  Sadly, I have not been able to spend much time with her like I would like

small animals (hold)-I want mice again but my husband won't let me get any.  I would not mind a rabbit but my daughter is young and we currently have 2 cats that would make that difficult at the moment

Freshwater aquariums (hold)-don't have any currently but really want to get back into this.  However, space is the issue)

Yoga

movies: have a fairly large collection-enjoy action movies, cartoons including Disney and 80s/90s series, comedies, Marvel, TV series like Grey's Anatomy, Big Bang Theory, Dark Shadows, 80s movies.  Some favorite actors include Arnold Schwarzenegger and Sylvester Stallone.

Disney: favorite movie is Sleeping Beauty.  Goal is to have my whole animated feature film collection upgraded from VHS and DVD to Blu-ray.  I collect merch too depending on what it is, especially vintage Sleeping Beauty stuff.  I am a Disney trivia whiz usually.  Not as up on the newer movies but hoping that changes more when my daughter gets older to watch with.

Holidays: decorating, baking, activities, parties

Other collections: Care Bears, Strawberry Shortcake, Grand Champions, Enchanted Kingdom Horses, Ewoks from Star Wars, Lady Lovely Locks, Rainbow Brite, Monster High, Disney dolls, American Girl historical character dolls, carnival glass, pressed pennies, Disney and favorite movie soundtracks on vinyl,

traveling-would love to make it back to Europe to revisit/visit Ireland, Scotland, England, Italy (especially Venice), Austria, Switzerland, France, Germany, Spain, Norway, and Sweden.  Would also like to go to Disneyland and Disney World again, and New Orleans.  I enjoy visiting my brothers and their families in Colorado too.

I enjoy thrifting and finding stuff my husband collects too including Star Wars stuff-mostly Yoda, Michelob Golden Light and other beer merch, Minnesota Vikings and UND hockey stuff, 8 track tapes

Playing video games (even though I have had little time for this recently).  We have many vintage systems including Nintendo, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, GameCube, Wii, Sega Genesis, GameBoy, GameBoy Color, GameBoy Advance, Nintendo DS, Sega GameGear, PS4, Xbox 360.  My favorite games include Pokémon, Mario, Harry Potter, and Harvest Moon.  I also enjoy a few computer games like Sims 2 (don't have any more though) and Age of Empires.

Playing tenor saxophone: am out of practice at the moment but I like to play movie soundtracks, popular songs and holiday music.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 09:00:22 AM by nessa16 »

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2020, 02:22:07 PM »
Things I like to do

Walking with my dog
Playing with my cat
Driving around with my husband
Watching shows with my sister
Playing Magic the Gathering
Drawing
Reading
Writing
Binge watching sci-fi
Gardening
Daydreaming (so much daydreaming)

Favorite collectables besides ponies

Dolls
Magic the Gathering

Favorite TV

Transformers (old G1)
Buffy

I do have a collection of randomness.  I'm not a set completer and usually it's just one of something or another that I think is nifty.  I give them up when I don't feel the same anymore.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 02:27:28 PM by brightberry »
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2020, 03:11:31 PM »
Mhhh, do you want interests or only hobbies? I'll go with just hobbies because listing all my interests would take too long XD So, other than collecting plastic:

Spoiler
-My pets
-Making music (electric and acoustic guitar, drums, vocals, soundmixing)
-Karaoke, singing, musicals. I sing every day :blush:
-Voice acting
-Improvised theater
-Dioramas, modeling, customizing
-Consuming movies, cartoons, sometimes comics. I am big into discussing them, too.
-Making/playing board games
-Fencing
-Sailplaning
-Swimming (non-competitive)
-Writing and drawing. I also write and draw for my job so that overlaps a lot.
-Thrifting, vintage clothes and restoring old furniture
-Going to museums, exhibitions

And recently I also got a little into to LARPing and costuming!

Things I like to do
(...)
Daydreaming (so much daydreaming)

Same. Allthough I sometimes consider it a problem ^^; I use a lot of public transport and often miss my stops because of it.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2020, 03:29:27 PM »
I forgot to mention video games. I love to play video games.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Trinity

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Also known as Elfwink.
    • View Profile
    • Elfwink's Pixels
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2020, 02:16:05 PM »
Yay! I'm so pleased so see so many anime and game fans here.

I like care bears, video games, and board games. I also am active in the competitive community for super smash bros.

Woohoo! A board gamer. What are some games you like?

Being part of the competitive Smash scene is pretty exciting. While I don't participate myself, there's quite a big scene down here.
:rainbow: also known as Elfwink | pixel art!

Never play leapfrog with a unicorn!

Offline Rychu

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2020, 08:40:46 AM »
Yay! I'm so pleased so see so many anime and game fans here.

I like care bears, video games, and board games. I also am active in the competitive community for super smash bros.

Woohoo! A board gamer. What are some games you like?

Being part of the competitive Smash scene is pretty exciting. While I don't participate myself, there's quite a big scene down here.

My favorite board games right now are probably Betrayl at the house on the hill. Formula D, Takenoko, Stockpile, and Tsuro. My family is a pretty big board game family so we have lots :)

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2020, 05:32:16 PM »
Well, first there's music, which is obvious. I love playing music, I especially love woodwind and brass instruments (the oboe and bassoon being my two main instruments, but I own so many more!), I love studying the history of music and musical instruments, I love listening to music, and I love discovering new music to listen to which the internet has made so easy nowadays!

I've probably bored everyone to tears, but I'll mention other interests as well: watching TV shows (mostly cartoons and anime, but I've watched quite a few live action shows in recent years), and sometimes playing video games (mainly The Sims, Animal Crossing, Pokemon, etc.)

Playing tenor saxophone: am out of practice at the moment but I like to play movie soundtracks, popular songs and holiday music.

Yay tenor saxophone! I was gifted one to march, but sadly could never march it in the end due to health troubles. =( But I don't mean to make it about that. I love the instrument and am sad I haven't really gotten to learn it.

|My Collection|

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2020, 07:12:33 PM »
As well as ponies, I collect:

Star Wars figures
Lotr figures
Walking Dead figures
GoT figures
Schleich horses
Bratz dolls

I also love movies and TV shows.  All of those mentioned above plus Survivor! 

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2020, 03:27:41 AM »
Nothing.

I'm totally kidding! :lol: Ponies are definitely my #1 obsession though! Some other things I'm really into are:
*Music ( mostly indie/alternative type stuff. I'm a huge concert junkie and I have a pretty healthy collection of vinyl records at this point too.)
*Home Decor? I really love vintage/mid century home design. My goal is when I move out I want to have a small mid century home with lots of cool old furniture.
*Art. I love almost all forms of fine art like painting, sculpting, drawing, ect. I also like working on large scale projects like yard decorations for the holidays!
*Thrift shopping. Not just for ponies, but also for old furniture and decor. Sometimes I might pick up a cool old sweater too!
*Eating/drinking. Does this count? I love going out to discover cool new restaurants and hang outs in town!
* Local travel. I love taking little day trips to cool cities in my state when I get the chance! Luckily Arizona isnt huge, so most places I like to visit are about 2-3 hours away from the city :)
*Camper Vans. This is a new obsession of mine, but I am DETERMINED to get a camper van one day! I drive a SUV right now and have a pretty sweet bed set up in it, but I want the real deal that has solar power and can run off the grid one day.

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2020, 11:05:10 AM »
Well, first there's music, which is obvious. I love playing music, I especially love woodwind and brass instruments (the oboe and bassoon being my two main instruments, but I own so many more!), I love studying the history of music and musical instruments, I love listening to music, and I love discovering new music to listen to which the internet has made so easy nowadays!

I've probably bored everyone to tears, but I'll mention other interests as well: watching TV shows (mostly cartoons and anime, but I've watched quite a few live action shows in recent years), and sometimes playing video games (mainly The Sims, Animal Crossing, Pokemon, etc.)

Yay tenor saxophone! I was gifted one to march, but sadly could never march it in the end due to health troubles. =( But I don't mean to make it about that. I love the instrument and am sad I haven't really gotten to learn it.

We never had a marching band when I was in high school, just regular concert band.  They had jazz/swing band but it was at 7 am during the week and I am not a morning person.  I did enjoy pep band though and played even on nights that were not assigned. 

I actually wanted to initially play drums.  However, I got strep throat on the last day of school in 4th grade when I was supposed to try out instruments to start in the fall in 5th grade.  So, I did not get to pick one until the beginning of 5th grade.  By then I only had the trumpet, trombone, and tenor saxophone left to pick from.  I could not do the mouthpiece on the brass instruments so I was left with the tenor saxophone.  I really enjoy it though and am so glad I did that rather than percussion.  Only thing I did not like was when we got odd background parts that were just background music.

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal