collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Idea needed!  (Read 734 times)

Offline Astor

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
Idea needed!
« on: January 22, 2020, 10:36:30 PM »
I'm trying to think of a custom idea, I have many hair choices to choose from, Black red, White, blue, orange I think and green, bright purple and pink. Yellow too? New hairs are coming in the mail so I can do more customs. But I really don't know what I want to make next! Give me some ideas?

Offline Blackness

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Secret Surprise Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page:
Re: Idea needed!
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2020, 03:41:12 PM »
Depends what you're interested in really!! I don't know about anyone else but I tend to come up with a theme or concept in my head before even looking at baits, hair etc. Lately nature themes have been appealing to me personally but it could be literally ANYTHING...

Favourite TV shows, books etc - I've considered doing a range of Game Of Thrones characters for example, have completed a few witch ponies, have done a pony based off Vikings, etc.

Sub-cultures - I'm a bit 'goth' I suppose so easily think of creating punk, metalhead or gothic ponies. So many sub-cultures out there to explore!!

Pegasus, unicorns, merponies etc! I'm going to try sculpting a set of wings from scratch at some stage.

If all else fails do some digging on the internet and look at what other customs people have come up with - obviously you're don't want to steal anyone else's idea but sometimes you can get an idea or a concept from viewing other people's work.

Good luck :)

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2020, 04:43:44 PM »
I agree with blackness. Concept, colour combination, symbol, name not necessarily in that order for me becasue one can inspire the other.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2020, 06:11:02 AM »
(I know you're working on something now but for future reference and for anyone else who needs inspiration...)

You could do a search and look for past custom swap themes for ideas, the possibilities of interpreting a theme are almost endless!

The majority of my customs are made for swaps because I like having a set theme that I can base my ideas on. Other than that, I like to seek inspiration from nature (e.g. animals, flowers), interesting patterns and textures I see, fun colour combinations... For instance, this pony was inspired by one of my summer dresses, and since making her was so much fun I decided to give her a friend in a similar style but different colours (the green and pink one in one of the photos). I try to keep my eyes open and spot fun ideas for symbols or colour palettes in my surroundings and everyday objects, other kinds of artwork, and so on. For a few years now I've had this vague idea of a custom based on a song, for example, but let's see if I ever get round to making this pony... :D A sketchbook is always a good idea! (And I should follow my own example here...)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal