collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Zaps' customs and rehairs  (Read 718 times)

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Zaps' customs and rehairs
« on: January 21, 2020, 02:03:29 PM »
My old thread died, so here is a new one.
I want to get back into customizing so I can present something this summer at Nachtlicht Con.

Here are my character concepts:
Spoiler
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Please don't be freaked out by the ugliness. I whipped these up in minutes. My plan is to create a OOAK character artwork for each custom to go along with them. So I didn't feel like making these concepts look pretty :lol: I am going to properly draw them eventually.

So, Stripes is obviously inspired by G1 Zig Zag. I am allowing myself some changes. Her base is a glittery Pinkie Pie.

Burning Heart (based on RD) and Icy Kiss (recolored Pinkie Pie) are my OCs. They are sisters who are polar opposites. Icy Kiss is going to have a unique trotting pose since I am going to make her all red, might as well remodel that boring standing pose.

I am also going to make a 4th based on glittery Twilight but I have yet to come up with a design/idea. Maybe you have suggestions what to make out of her?

I am also planning a yarn-haired G1 custom (marshmallow pony), a G3 alternative rehair and another G4 alternative rehair. Lots of work to do until summer.
Stay tuned :biggrin:
« Last Edit: January 22, 2020, 03:50:31 AM by Zapper »

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
Re: Zaps' customs and rehairs
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2020, 02:12:12 PM »
Hmm, the pearly Twilight with ingrained glitter or a different release? I feel like i never have ideas for her because the horn and wings just lend a ton to the recognition of her as a character, but there must be some way to remove the image of her from it...
I really like your sisters! I'm excited to see how they turn out!

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2020, 05:14:06 PM »
You NEED to keep Stripes facial expression in the final drawing.    It's perfect.  Are the other 2 twins?  Either way, watching this space as can't wait to more.
:socks:   :frog:

Offline AnnaPommes

• glow-in-the-dark pony
  • Trade Count: (+62)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pommes cute things
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2020, 01:07:26 AM »
*grabs some popcorn* niceeeeee~
i am going to watch this thread for various reasons.
will you enter the custom contests? yes?
~ Visit the Pommes-shop ~
www.etsy.com/shop/AnnagretStudio With usefull artprints, cute decor, stationery and crafting kits!
Or linktree with more fancy things!
wonderfull avatar by the lovely Shaiyeh!

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2020, 04:04:01 AM »
Special victims unit!

Spoiler

Hmm, the pearly Twilight with ingrained glitter or a different release? I feel like i never have ideas for her because the horn and wings just lend a ton to the recognition of her as a character, but there must be some way to remove the image of her from it...

Yes, the pearly one! I just always tend to call them glittery because they are XD
Sadly, my option to keep her wings disappeared last night when I sliced my finger trying to cut out her neck plug. I got mad so I amputated her wings to get into her back and take the washer out.
So now I'm thinking of molding a saddle onto her and making her a Merry Go Round!
I even have hair that looks close to the hair the purple G1 MGR had. Here's her corpse XD

Spoiler

You NEED to keep Stripes facial expression in the final drawing.    It's perfect.  Are the other 2 twins?  Either way, watching this space as can't wait to more.

Aww, yes I want her to have a doelike expression. Like a little baby sister to Zig Zag.
My OCs are just sisters but pony twins are always a nice idea! I plan on making their artwork a onepiece cut in two halves, so should someone want to get both they can just add the halves back together :biggrin:

will you enter the custom contests? yes?

I plan to! :)
Alternate rehair and maybe also the generational swap (G1 to G4) since I am thinking about making that MGR Twilight now.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2020, 04:06:18 AM by Zapper »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal