collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What cartoons are you watching rn?  (Read 12582 times)

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: What cartoons are you watching rn?
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2020, 01:28:11 PM »
I gave Steven Universe Future a go - I've pretty much hated the last few seasons/the movie, so I hadn't planned on watching Future (honestly, the only reason I kept up with the original show for as long as I did is a) I used to watch it with a pal and b) I figured "I'm close enough to the end of the show, might as well keep going"), but then it aired over here earlier than I expected and, well, it caught me at a time where I was willing to give it a chance ;) Honestly, I just found it boring, for the most part. Couldn't get worked up about it either way. I'm not going to bother watching any more of it. I used to love SU, but MAN it really went downhill after a while... I hate the "everyone is friends! :3 they just need to say sorry and it's all okay!" thing they went with.

I only kept watching for Jasper and within 10 eps she only appeared once but I am not giving up hope on seeing her NOT come around and become friends with Steven. I dislike the entire
Spoiler
"Steven is part Pink Diamond so everybody love him like they loved Pink" thing. It looks like Steven is dealing with anger issues in this season and every time he gets them he glows pink. Ugh, we should know by now that nothing is ever Steven's fault and everything bad he does must be rooted in him being part Pink. It's become really predictable but like I said, I will stay with the show just because I need clarity on what happens to Jasper. I was not amused when Amethyst said "forget her!" Ehm, isn't Amethyst the one who forgave Jasper and called her her sister? Apparently that part of her development has been thrown away.
I don't get what went wrong with this show but I feel like the "storyboarders are the writers of the episode" approach failed in some instances and they ended up with wasted potential and some threads that led to nowhere.

I've been meaning to catch up with We Bare Bears for months now. Sort of fell off the wagon, there. I love that show, but it was starting to get a bit.. repetitive... hopefully it was just going through a slump. I wonder when the movie/Baby Bears spinoff will be released... can't honestly say I'm excited for the spinoff (I LOVED the Baby Bears eps at first, but then they became WAY too formulaic and plentiful... although maybe the spinoff means there'll be less Baby Bears eps in the main show? which would be a welcome change at this point, lol), but, we'll see how it goes...

Omg, my mother loves the baby bears. She will be pleased to hear this XD
I think lots of slice of life shows lose their appeal after a while if the writers can't come up with some kind of extra plot or gimmick. The baby bear eps always provided some kind of backstory, so I liked them a lot. Not sure if I would like a split between the normal show and the extra baby bear show?

Offline PinkieLopBun

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2020, 03:58:50 PM »
I really love my Grimm's Fairy Tales vhs (and I really need to search for more); those of you 80's children will remember the show (it is more in the style of 70's anime).
I’ll admit I’m not an 80s kid, so I could be off, but is this what you’re referring to? Because it actually is an anime (though from the 80s).
https://youtu.be/bBzlKHMwK6Q
Follow me on Twitter and Tumblr.

Offline SpacePinto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2020, 07:02:58 PM »
On top of G1 My Little Pony I mostly watch the cartoons from my own childhood, like Real Ghostbusters, Gummi Bears, 1987 Ducktales, Heathcliff & Catillac Cats, 1990 Moomins, Dexter's Laboratory or Cow & Chicken, and out of the more adult cartoons also The Simpsons and Family Guy. I'm not into today's cartoons though, the rule of thumb is that if it first came out when I was already outside the target audience, I'm not interested in it (except for cartoons for older audience, like TS and FG mentioned above). I do have a soft spot for Adventure Time however, because I remember downloading pirated season 1 back in 2013 to test how my new tablet would play something new (most of the shows I had on my drive back then were old shows in low res and 4:3), even though I only played the first few episodes.
Inka Dinka Doo
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2020, 10:27:13 AM »
I also love David the Gnome. Unfortunately my DVDs are scratched and skip when I try to play them even they have only been played through 2 times.

The new Muppet Babies is pretty good also.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline pawpatrolbab

• Power Puff Pony
  • Never be afraid to be yourself
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2020, 01:55:02 PM »
I've been super into the Netflix show Llama Llama, it's very cute
🌈Wordpress Blog: https://natescoloringbook.wordpress.com/
✨Tumblr Blog: https://crayoncritter.tumblr.com/
I don't have much of a collection anymore due to immigrating but I hope to bring my trade score up so I can participate in the future! Always open and looking to make friends with fellow adults 💙 Please don't hesitate to shoot me a message!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2020, 03:43:28 PM »
Nobody laugh, but I’m watching Barbie Dreamhouse Adventures, so good.

Plus watching Animals of Farthing Wood again, and boy oh boy I cried when the hedgehogs died.

Farthing Wood never gets old. Proper hardcore kids TV. I totally relate. The pheasants get me as well, every time.

And don't even mention Bold.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2020, 04:33:54 PM »
Barbie Life in the Dreamhouse is fun to watch.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Thimble

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2020, 03:02:21 AM »
fellow dreamhouse fan, lol.

Also just started the netflix show from dreamworks- Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeasts. Excellent so far.

Annnd all the anime. I love netflix Japan, lol. (even though they only have 2 seasons of MLP:Fim)

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2020, 05:16:27 AM »
Also just started the netflix show from dreamworks- Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeasts. Excellent so far.

I tried to watch that but the world doesn't make sense to me. There seem to be no rules or style guides as to how all the characters are supposed to look like. Mafia frogs, huge winking cats, regular humans, furries, giant-size realistic looking animals. It's such a pet peeve of mine it actively annoyed me while watching. I stopped halfway through even though I liked the character Kipo.

Post Merge: January 20, 2020, 05:21:19 AM

Nobody laugh, but I’m watching Barbie Dreamhouse Adventures, so good.

Plus watching Animals of Farthing Wood again, and boy oh boy I cried when the hedgehogs died.

Farthing Wood never gets old. Proper hardcore kids TV. I totally relate. The pheasants get me as well, every time.

Farthing Wood is timeless. I was such a fan in my childhood.
I noticed we had a lot of children's media about environmental destruction in the late 80s, early 90s. Where did all of that go? I would be all here for an updated Farthing Wood.
The show started getting weird when they did that plotline with the rats, tho. I never liked that. A rat cult... really.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 05:25:31 AM by Zapper »

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2020, 06:13:49 AM »

Annnd all the anime. I love netflix Japan, lol. (even though they only have 2 seasons of MLP:Fim)

Have you watched Beastars? I’ve been reading the manga for a couple years now and the anime adaption looks so good! I’ve only seen gifs of it so far since it’s not out in the U.S yet. I think it hits Netflix for us in March, I’m so excited!

I haven’t been watching much at all lately! I guess not much has really caught my eye/ I just don’t have a ton of time to get as invested in a new cartoon as I’d like. I’ve been finishing off The Lion Guard and I feel like it has been so under rated! Even thought it’s for preschoolers it’s pretty well written, and I really like the main group of characters in it.

Next up I want to get caught up with the new Steven Universe series. I haven’t had time to watch any of it, but I love that we got a time skip. I think it was needed to make the show interesting again

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline Thimble

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2020, 04:02:19 PM »
I haven't watched Beastars, I didn't like the manga, so I wasn't really interested in the anime. The manga for that one gave me bad vibes, so I figured I should avoid the anime. I like my shows heavy on the fluffy and absurd. And weirdly enough, the anthropomorphic animals show is too realistic, lol. There's too much depressing stuff for me, but maybe I didn't give it enough of a chance.

The animation does look good though. If you like the manga, I'm sure the show will be good too. It's pretty popular.

Kipo is fun because of all the questions, I think. I just really like the unusually good voice acting and the art style.

Also, goofy postapocalyptic is my jam, lol.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 04:06:57 PM by Thimble »

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2020, 04:56:26 PM »
Kipo is fun because of all the questions, I think. I just really like the unusually good voice acting and the art style.

Also, goofy postapocalyptic is my jam, lol.

I like the art as well! Reminds me a bit of Teen Titans and Transformers Animated. So, early to mid 00s :biggrin:

Offline SilverLinedStars

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2020, 05:33:05 PM »
I've been watching the new She Ra series on Netflix. I know it's had a fair amount of hate... but I really like it. It's entertaining and I like the wide range of characters. I've also been watching the new Ducktales on Disney Plus & that's not bad either.

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2020, 07:48:31 AM »
I've been watching the new She Ra series on Netflix. I know it's had a fair amount of hate... but I really like it. It's entertaining and I like the wide range of characters.

Ah yes, good old times when people were getting really angry over one single lineart mid-motion :lol:
I am super into the reboot and I love Catra and Scorpia. It's always nice to see multidimensional female villains.
Spoiler
I do hope Scorpia gets over Catra eventually, tho. My main ship is Catra/psychotherapy.

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2020, 09:15:36 AM »
I really love my Grimm's Fairy Tales vhs (and I really need to search for more); those of you 80's children will remember the show (it is more in the style of 70's anime).
I’ll admit I’m not an 80s kid, so I could be off, but is this what you’re referring to? Because it actually is an anime (though from the 80s).
https://youtu.be/bBzlKHMwK6Q
That would be it. I think it's around 1972 animated but released in the 80's.

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal