collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

What if the Mane 6 had been G1 ponies? Which set of 6 would you have liked to see in FiM?

Collector Ponies
5 (9.1%)
Magic Message Ponies
0 (0%)
Sundae Best Ponies
4 (7.3%)
Happy Tails Ponies
1 (1.8%)
Mountain Boys Ponies
5 (9.1%)
Sweetberry Ponies
4 (7.3%)
Merry Go Round Ponies
5 (9.1%)
Candy Cane Ponies
4 (7.3%)
Sunshine Ponies
3 (5.5%)
Perfume Puff Ponies
1 (1.8%)
Dance 'N Prance Ponies
1 (1.8%)
Sparkle Ponies
8 (14.5%)
Windy Wing Ponies
3 (5.5%)
Some other combination of 6
11 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Voting closed: March 13, 2020, 01:02:17 PM

Author Topic: What if the Mane 6 had been G1 ponies? Which set would be fun to see? (POLL)  (Read 1113 times)

Offline Twizel

• Switchblade Kitten
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • This crown gives me a feeling of power! POWER!
    • View Profile
I was just thinking how the FiM cartoon might (or might not) have been different if it featured G1 characters instead of G4, and which pony set of 6 would be fun to see?
It's no secret my favorites are the Sparkle ponies, but I also really like the Mountain Boys and the Sweetberry ponies.

I'm not really familiar with any pony personalities from the 80s material, since I came late in the game to the world of ponies (seriously, I didn't learn MLP was a whole franchise until I was 17 or so). So I picture my sparkle ponies' personalities as:

Napper is fluttershy of course, its all in that adorable pose.
Sky Rocket is rainbow dash, because she loves to zoom around? I don't know, I just picture her with a loud personality like RD.
Star Dancer is pinkie pie, honestly only because she didn't fit any of the other pony personalities in my mind.
Star Hopper is rarity, she's got such a sweet face but also a bit of Flounce in that pose!
Sunspot is applejack, i feel like the pose is a good match, and she's a hardy-looking earth pony.
Twinkler is left with twilight sparkle herself, which is alright, she's got the sparkles, although I felt Star Hopper was the more bookish of the two, I mean, she's into UFOs and what nonsense.

I have too much time on my hands and it is a snow day. Do you guys play such pony games in your head? What sets do you wish had been featured in the G4 cartoon? 
« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 12:03:54 PM by Twizel »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline kingluke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • The Great King of Lucia
    • View Profile
I would love to see the mountain boys and collector ponies. Also the flutter ponies. They are great in the g1 show.
Lover of Windwhistler

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
I'm discounting Applejack for obvious reasons.

Pinkie Pie-Birthday Party Gift Pack
Rarity-Unicorn
Rainbowdash-Rainbow Pony
Fluttershy-So-Soft
Twilight Sparkle-Sparkle Pony
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
Definitely MGR, I’d love to see the mane 6 with MGR designs incorporating different parts of their character - a design featuring tree branches, roots and leaves for Applejack, something celestial for Twilight, something with clouds, lightning bolts and other weather symbols for Rainbow, etc.

Sundae Best would be cool too, matching each pony up with a kind of ice cream, and coming up with a symbol that both includes ice cream and recognizable elements of their actual symbols would be interesting. Pinkie would be cotton candy (with balloon-shaped pop rocks), Rarity would be marshmallow French vanilla (in a fancy, diamond-encrusted crystal bowl), Rainbow would be rainbow sherbet (in a red, blue and yellow cone), and so on.

...and Sweetberries because I like that set and it’s underrated.

EDIT: I read this wrong. I thought you were asking what G1 set we would like seeing the Mane 6 released in. Oh, well, I don’t really have an answer to the actual question, I’m not much of a G1 person, oops :P My answer still stands for the Sweetberries, though. They need more love.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 12:51:00 PM by otocolobus_manul »
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
I have a few ideas.
The collector ponies I've toyed around with as having different personalities and such. Butterscotch and Blue Belle would be very easy-going, happy to see you ponies, with Butterscotch being the sportier/more athletic of the two. Minty would be a weird hippy type usually falling asleep or tripping on her mane. She says a lot of nonsense but does have one or two times where she makes the most sense out of all of them. Cotton Candy would be kind and neighborly but very indulgent and prone to over-doing a lot. Blossom would usually be chasing Cotton Candy out of her garden, and is very irritable but loyal. Snuzzle is a bit sensitive but this leads to her being the most empathetic and an excellent shoulder to cry on.
I chose Sunshine ponies next because that's my favorite set. I don't have set personalities, though.
I think ideally there would be a diverse set of ponies. I think the two of each type was a good idea, and we could pull one pony from each set. Maybe a so-soft, a twinkle eye, a sweetberry, a glow n' show, yadda yadda...just keeps it interesting.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
If the question is which of the G1 sets are to be transplanted into G4 with the G4 personalities, then none of them. I grew up with the comics and so many of them have their own personalities that it just wouldn't feel right for me. G4 is what it is, after all.

If you mean which set specifically makes most sense as the M6, Hasbro themselves have tried to make it the Collector Ponies, but aside Blossom and CC who got rereleased, they were pretty much invisible in story lore here, so didn't make an impression on me as a kid at all. So I would say the Y3 earth set as they were the one over here that had all the fuss made about them, with the song tape and all. Their personalities were something like this in the comics.

Applejack - clumsy and a rabid lover of apples
Bow Tie - purveyor of ribbons, and getting Applejack out of messes, really the original non-salon based freelance hair stylist.
Posey - lover of gardens, flowers and rainbows.
Cherries Jubilee - queen of the cherry blossom parade
Tootsie - A happy go lucky pony who made lollipops appear when she muddled her words.
Lickety Split - ice cream obsessed. Sometimes considered greedy. But kind.

They were the most prominent set for me (of the ponies we actually got here) as a child.

I guess the Mountain Boys could also figure if you wanted an all male cast though. They had pretty strong personalities too...

Thundercloud - wise, quite reserved, friends with the wizard in misty mountain (where they lived)
Tornado - impatient, rushing around here and there, finishing people's sentences and annoying them.
Lightning - capable of winking in and out like lightning
Fireball - impatient but in a different way from Tornado, something of a sceptic, liked to call things he didn't like 'flapdoodles'.
Ice Crystal - probably the sanest of them, also had a sense of humour, capable of making things with ice.
Sunburst - Mr Happy all the time.

G1 had some great personalities and great sets though. Hard to choose just one set or even six from across the sets.

If we were talking about stars of the animation, you'd imagine that Fizzy and Wind Whistler, probably also Gusty would get a mention :)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
...I change my answer, the Y3 earth ponies for sure. They'd be perfect for an adaptation, we already have cartoonishly annoying quirks too.
Applejack: Smashes into something
Bow Tie: Has to leave because Applejack got into a mess, is absent the rest of the episode.
Posey: The straight man. She's tired and is a good anvil when everyone is freaking out.
Cherries Jubilee: "I'm a queen" "No you aren't" "I'm royalty"
Tootsie: Accidentally turning a plot-device into a lollipop and causing fear and panic, dramatic tales of slip ups that end with lollipops growing out of something inconvenient
Lickety Split: Ice cream puns. Ouch, my KNEEapolitan! No one laughs at her and everyone looks disgusted when a pun is made.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
If the question is which of the G1 sets are to be transplanted into G4 with the G4 personalities, then none of them. I grew up with the comics and so many of them have their own personalities that it just wouldn't feel right for me. G4 is what it is, after all.

If you mean which set specifically makes most sense as the M6, Hasbro themselves have tried to make it the Collector Ponies, but aside Blossom and CC who got rereleased, they were pretty much invisible in story lore here, so didn't make an impression on me as a kid at all. So I would say the Y3 earth set as they were the one over here that had all the fuss made about them, with the song tape and all. Their personalities were something like this in the comics.

Applejack - clumsy and a rabid lover of apples
Bow Tie - purveyor of ribbons, and getting Applejack out of messes, really the original non-salon based freelance hair stylist.
Posey - lover of gardens, flowers and rainbows.
Cherries Jubilee - queen of the cherry blossom parade
Tootsie - A happy go lucky pony who made lollipops appear when she muddled her words.
Lickety Split - ice cream obsessed. Sometimes considered greedy. But kind.

They were the most prominent set for me (of the ponies we actually got here) as a child.

I guess the Mountain Boys could also figure if you wanted an all male cast though. They had pretty strong personalities too...

Thundercloud - wise, quite reserved, friends with the wizard in misty mountain (where they lived)
Tornado - impatient, rushing around here and there, finishing people's sentences and annoying them.
Lightning - capable of winking in and out like lightning
Fireball - impatient but in a different way from Tornado, something of a sceptic, liked to call things he didn't like 'flapdoodles'.
Ice Crystal - probably the sanest of them, also had a sense of humour, capable of making things with ice.
Sunburst - Mr Happy all the time.

G1 had some great personalities and great sets though. Hard to choose just one set or even six from across the sets.

If we were talking about stars of the animation, you'd imagine that Fizzy and Wind Whistler, probably also Gusty would get a mention :)

The sanest of them all! :rofl:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
I'd watch a show just with Sundae Bests and every episode would be ice cream related :P

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
I'd watch a show just with Sundae Bests and every episode would be ice cream related :P

One pony named Ben, another named Jerry
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Picking from the sets listed in the poll, I think the Sweetberry ponies would make a good cast.
I don't think any of them would have a Rainbow Dash personality though.

Blueberry would we sorta like Fluttershy, very kind with a little shyness.
Cherry Treats would be a leader type, that the others would look up too.
Strawberry would be the sweet, youngest of the bunch, while Cranberry would be the oldest, practical one(I think of Sailor Saturn for some reason when I think of Cranberry, like she's taller and older than the others).  Boysenberry would be the bookish one like Twilight Sparkle.  Raspberry is the cook/motherly one of the bunch, wanting to take care of everybody.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal