collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony Life - Same set, differing hair quality/materials?  (Read 2145 times)

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
Re: Pony Life - Same set, differing hair quality/materials?
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2020, 08:32:02 PM »
Would you say the hair quality on Twilight is better or worse than some of the later year pre-reboot G4s (like the articulated ponies, most of the crystallized ponies, or the hairbow singles)? Trying to decide if I should buy this wave’s Twilight or risk waiting for them to make a better quality one.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2020, 09:11:56 PM »
Would you say the hair quality on Twilight is better or worse than some of the later year pre-reboot G4s (like the articulated ponies, most of the crystallized ponies, or the hairbow singles)? Trying to decide if I should buy this wave’s Twilight or risk waiting for them to make a better quality one.

I'd say better. I've got the new Twi and her hair feels pretty soft, similar to most G4s were like before the big hair quality drop right before the 2016 reboot (I'd argue the ponies in the first photo of the OP have better hair than every other G4 while Twilight and Trixie have hair on par with earlier G4s).

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2020, 07:55:14 AM »

I'd say better. I've got the new Twi and her hair feels pretty soft, similar to most G4s were like before the big hair quality drop right before the 2016 reboot (I'd argue the ponies in the first photo of the OP have better hair than every other G4 while Twilight and Trixie have hair on par with earlier G4s).

Thanks! I’ll definitely be grabbing a Twilight then. She’s one of the cuter ones in this style anyway, imo.
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

Offline Wind~Whistler

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • You got a twinkle in your eyes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2020, 04:59:03 PM »
I got Potion Nova and Trixie recently, and you’re correct, their hair is really soft!
However, my Trixie’s hair was closer to the way you described your Nova’s hair rather than your Trixie’s hair if that makes any sense (the only difference is that my Trixie had thinner hair than PN’s)

On a related note, I love these ponies (and the hair quality), but from what I’ve seen of the gimmick-y large ponies (Rarity) and the blind bags (bottles?), they’re pretty disappointing imo. The size is quite lacking, they’re as tall as a G1 baby pony. Hopefully the “Fashion Style” sized ones will take on the same great hair quality as the brushables.
AKA Wind~Whistler on the TP 

http://www.ponylandtours.com
Thanks to Philly for my avi!

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2020, 07:02:18 PM »
On a related note, I love these ponies (and the hair quality), but from what I’ve seen of the gimmick-y large ponies (Rarity) and the blind bags (bottles?), they’re pretty disappointing imo. The size is quite lacking, they’re as tall as a G1 baby pony. Hopefully the “Fashion Style” sized ones will take on the same great hair quality as the brushables.

They do! I have the fashion style size Fluttershy and her hair is lovely! I don't have the Pinkie that I know is also out though, I'd assume it's the same hair used on the small Pony Life Pinkie.

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Poster

• Colorswirl Pony
  • Beeeee fliiiiies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2020, 08:19:53 PM »

They do! I have the fashion style size Fluttershy and her hair is lovely! I don't have the Pinkie that I know is also out though, I'd assume it's the same hair used on the small Pony Life Pinkie.

The ones of that size have tinsel, right? What's the quality like on that?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal