collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: CBD oil  (Read 3242 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
CBD oil
« on: January 12, 2020, 05:20:38 PM »
I hope this is okay to post.

Does anyone have experience with CBD oil? A friend of mine swears by it for pain relief. He says he hasn't taken any pain medicine including aspirin for almost a year and just uses a few drops of CBD oil.

I have a lot of pain, primarily in my back (arthritis) and legs and I also suffer from frequent headaches that can turn into migraines. I've been taking acetaminophen for so long it's ruining my liver (it's a good thing I don't drink or I'd really be in trouble!) and regular aspirin doesn't do anything for me. Ibuprofen doesn't work either. I started taking Aleve which is naproxen and it helps a little.

Unfortunately, I live in Florida where the opioid epidemic is the worst so unless you're like literally dying no one will prescribe them for pain. I've had really good luck with steroids but again, doctors are reluctant to give them. I'm not left with a lot of options!

So I've been thinking of trying CBD oil. I know exercise is good for pain relief and I definitely could do it more, but I need a little help getting started. Sometimes getting out of bed is hard because of the pain.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Thunderwing

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+171)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/springwater_valley/home.html
Re: CBD oil
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2020, 06:01:53 PM »
I haven't heard anything bad about it, but I don't use it myself.  I'd be willing to give it a go, though.  I would just make sure you get it from a legitimate source, and no THC content.

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2020, 06:12:50 PM »
Curious myself for sleep.  I have given it to one of my cats and it seemed to help his appetite and have him more "bounce".  Then the glass bottle leaked and I put it in a plastic one.  Naturally, now he will not touch it.
:socks:   :frog:

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2020, 07:47:39 PM »
Mom uses it. Tastes gross to her, but works wonderfully for her fibromyalgia and pain. If you get it, I’d advise fro a licences cannabis shop (if those are a thing down there) or ask your doctor. And yeah, make sure it has no THC, the addictive/ high part of cannabis.
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline StayGoldPonyboy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2020, 07:58:38 PM »
I have chronic pain, and CBD oil works really well. Not as good as actual weed but still wayyyy better than otc pain meds. I would definitely give it a try! It’s expensive though, so maybe checking if it works for you first by trying out a friends’ oil if they’ll let you would be good

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2020, 04:16:25 AM »
My mother tried it but didn't do anything.
I also tried it for back pain and no results

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2020, 05:35:36 AM »
There are shops all over the place down here. There's one right next to my doctor's office actually and she said she's all for it and never heard anything bad about that particular shop. I think I'll head over there today.

Thanks for the comments so far. I'll keep you guys updated.

Updated edit: I got broad spectrum oil, which is everything but THC (though they had that available too). Dude gave me a dosage syringe so I could track how much I took. I ended up taking a third of a milliliter at first (what dude recommended) and waited about 20 minutes but didn't feel anything. So I took another third and hey, it definitely took the edge off my back pain! And I had other errands to run so I was in pretty bad shape by the time I got home. I have one third left in the syringe that I'll probably take before bed along with my Aleve.

So my initial impression is it works and I need about half maybe more of a milliliter to feel it. I'll definitely be buying a bottle. It says it can cause drowsiness and usually when something comes with that warning I am very sensitive to it, but I don't feel any more drowsy than normal at this time.

Once I get the bottle (might be a bit) and start taking it regularly, I'll update again. I tried not to psyche myself up or anything so I hope this isn't a placebo effect :P and I made sure not to take anything else or have any caffeine before or after I used it. My pain is still there but it's rather dull. More of a sore feeling than outright hurting. Feels like I was at the gym :lol: That's better than sharp stabs!
« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 02:11:56 PM by BlackCurtains »

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2020, 02:46:51 PM »
I'm curious about this. I have foot pain that gets so bad that when I have to work/thinking about working it honestly makes me want to... well, I'll just say it gives me some dark thoughts.

I've tried everything. I'm at the point of breaking down, because I haven't worked for the majority of the last year and looking for sit-down jobs is stressing me out. If this CBD oil actually helped my pain and allowed me to stick with what I know how to do, that would be simply fantastic.

But is it...drugs? Would I get in trouble for using it? I'm so confused. (I'm extremely ignorant on the subject, I have always been very straight-edge)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 02:49:08 PM by Harmonie »

|My Collection|

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2020, 03:56:44 PM »
But is it...drugs? Would I get in trouble for using it? I'm so confused. (I'm extremely ignorant on the subject, I have always been very straight-edge)

I too am straight-edge and I really only know what I do because my sister was a major drug addict, haha :lookround:

Dude gave me a handy brochure though! According to it, CBD oil derived from hemp is legal in all states, but if it's derived from marijuana it is only legal in those states where marijuana is legal and only at that same level (so if it's legal for everyone or only for those with a prescription). If it contains THC then it can test positive on drug tests, but not all oil has THC. Full spectrum contains THC, broad spectrum contains all cannabinoids except THC and the last one is the hemp derived oil which is just... hemp oil. Good for vegetarians! But not that great for pain relief or other things CBD can do.

So you need to find out if it's legal in your state and then find someone who sells broad spectrum or "everything but the THC" oil. They also sell creams that you rub on and candies you can eat I guess if you don't like the taste. I don't mind the taste, it's kind of grassy but not overly so.

As an update: I took that second dose around 5 hours ago and my pain is still bearable. So it lasts at least as long as OTC pain relievers.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline rybett

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2020, 07:22:23 PM »
Thanks for the breakdown in layman's terms!  It also comes in capsule and caplet  forms as well.  (Gelatin vs vegan).

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2020, 12:50:27 PM »
I went back and got a 550mg bottle (what dude recommended based on how much I took the first time for it to work). It was expensive but they gave me a deal. I took a whole ml about a half hour ago and I feel okay.

The other day, actually it might have been yesterday I can't really remember (I just have a bad memory, days blur) I had an awful headache. By the end of the day I had taken 6 generic Excedrin, 3 ibuprofen and 2 Aleve. It still wasn't enough to get rid of my headache completely but I bet it did more harm to my liver.

Now that I've got a bottle I'll keep this thread updated with the results but I feel confident that this will work well for me. Hopefully, my back pain will subside enough for me to at least clean my bedroom... looks like a tornado went through it :lol:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Starflashbaby

• Dabbles Pony
  • When life throws you bricks, build a Castle!
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2020, 02:33:56 PM »
Ok.... I'm just going to stand on my Soap box again...  :whoa:
Everyone is all for this CBD oil but I think its bad... I have no evidence of it but I still think its bad.
Literally coming from a plant that stinks like a Skunk and the Gov is allowing to put
SPARKLY :woohoo: Labels on IT is soooooooooooo  Enraging for me :enraged: and its sooo frustrating  :stressed: that people stand up for it!!!!

It don't give you the high!!!! they shout at me....
Yes I'm aware of that fact but doesn't mean it won't cause something else in the future like Rotting your brain or cancer or something we don't know about yet!!!!! I'd rather live in pain than to Ever take CBD oil!!!!!   :enraged:

As you can tell I never did Illegal drugs in my life so I'm not going to put that in me now because Society says Its OK to do so

Ok i'm stepping Off my soap box now... 

Sales, WTB, Commissions Open

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2020, 02:39:27 PM »
Okay?

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline rybett

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2020, 03:34:56 PM »
BC yep that is a lot of meds to not work on a headache.  Yuck.   I don't have major pain issues but am a professional insomniac.  Interested to see if this would help.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2020, 05:15:31 PM »
I definitely plan on taking some more before bed. I have a hard time falling asleep due to both the pain and my brain being overactive at the absolute worst times. I'll see if it helps me sleep any better.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal