collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: CBD oil  (Read 3256 times)

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: CBD oil
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2020, 05:16:30 PM »
I'm curious about this. I have foot pain that gets so bad that when I have to work/thinking about working it honestly makes me want to... well, I'll just say it gives me some dark thoughts.

I've tried everything. I'm at the point of breaking down, because I haven't worked for the majority of the last year and looking for sit-down jobs is stressing me out. If this CBD oil actually helped my pain and allowed me to stick with what I know how to do, that would be simply fantastic.

But is it...drugs? Would I get in trouble for using it? I'm so confused. (I'm extremely ignorant on the subject, I have always been very straight-edge)

I have a cbd cream that I would rub on my hip (still trying to sort out whatever going on there) but it's definitely worth a shot.  My husband is going to try it out when his gout comes back.  It's perfectly safe, legal, easy to use but a bit on the pricey side.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2020, 01:11:19 PM »
I woke up with another headache, not as bad as the other day but still painful. It took longer, about 45 minutes, to kick in but the CBD oil has lessened the pain. My eyes still hurt, but other than that it's mostly gone. I didn't take anything else and waited to have my coffee (since I find caffeine can help with my pain too).

I think I'll adjust the dosage after another couple of days. I'm fairly, uhm, large. So I might need more. Weight does affect how well it can work.

Rybett - I took some before bed last night and it took a while for me to fall asleep, but once I did I stayed asleep for the whole night. My cat woke me up early otherwise I probably would have slept even longer.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2020, 03:00:49 PM »
Good to hear.  Definitely leaning toward trying it out. 
:socks:   :frog:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2020, 09:12:34 AM »
Another update: I've been using it twice a day for almost a week and haven't taken any pain medicine until today. I once again woke up with a bad headache. I took the oil and waited for it to work but two hours later the headache was still bothering me so I had to take some Excedrin. It's finally starting to go away after another hour.

I said I was going to up my dose, but I was having a good run with just the 1ml dosages so that's what I've been taking. Starting tomorrow I'm going to take 1 1/2 ml and see if that's better for me. It does recommend you stick to the normal dose for a few days and then adjust it accordingly. So even though I had to take some meds today I'm not giving up on it yet.

Rybett, my sleep has overall been better but it's been cold here and that might be making a difference too. I always sleep better when it's cold so I don't know if it's just the weather or the oil is helping too. I'll keep you posted!

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2020, 10:01:33 AM »
That sounds promising! Do keep us updated!

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2020, 10:45:12 AM »
Never tried it for pain relief or sleep, but my parents got me some CBD gummy bears for my anxiety. They help lower my heart rate when I'm having an anxiety spike.
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

Offline slyons

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • G1 Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2020, 06:29:26 PM »
BC yep that is a lot of meds to not work on a headache.  Yuck.   I don't have major pain issues but am a professional insomniac.  Interested to see if this would help.
It's actually the THC that helps with the sleep, my prescription is to help me stay asleep and the doctor recommended strains with 17-24% THC in them, so just CBD alone might not help with your insomnia.... But couldn't hurt to try if you can afford to?  :wonder:

Thank you Shaiyeh and Griffin for my adoptables!!

Offline rybett

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2020, 06:37:03 PM »
Worth a try at least.  My cat's dropper bottle cracked at the lid.  So I put the oil in an itty bitty plastic prescription bottle.  Guess who will not touch it now?  Good thing it was almost empty.  Silly boy...

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2020, 07:02:18 PM »
Another update. I decided to skip a few days to see what would happen, and let me tell ya, I'm in pain! I was off it for only yesterday and today and I notice a huge difference. I had to take my 1 1/2 ml dose earlier today, and my head still hurts but the pain in my back and legs has gone away. So yeah, just missing those two days was huge. I haven't been taking anything else.

My sleep for those days was terrible too. Today after I took the dose I was able to lay down and take a three hour nap.

So I think the verdict is that it works. My bottle is half empty. I think I'm going to try the full spectrum next just to compare.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline rybett

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2020, 08:17:15 PM »
Got  some topical salve.  Tried it on my strained back muscles.  Not 100% gone, but not in agony.  Not bad.

Offline Satin Slipper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2020, 02:38:19 PM »
Another update. I decided to skip a few days to see what would happen, and let me tell ya, I'm in pain! I was off it for only yesterday and today and I notice a huge difference. I had to take my 1 1/2 ml dose earlier today, and my head still hurts but the pain in my back and legs has gone away. So yeah, just missing those two days was huge. I haven't been taking anything else.

My sleep for those days was terrible too. Today after I took the dose I was able to lay down and take a three hour nap.

So I think the verdict is that it works. My bottle is half empty. I think I'm going to try the full spectrum next just to compare.

At least the oil decreases your pain...

Meditation and Not eating 2 hours before sleep may help your sleep problems.

*Frolicking Away*

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2020, 04:18:50 PM »
At least the oil decreases your pain...

Meditation and Not eating 2 hours before sleep may help your sleep problems.

Thanks. I don't eat or drink anything within 3 hours of going to bed. I have a stomach disease so eating before I lie down is a bad idea. I do meditate sometimes but not always.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline starstrider

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pony pride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2020, 06:25:17 AM »
I have several friends who use it regularly for pain relief and also for it's anxiolytic properties.  Their health conditions include fibromyalgia, EDS, and cancer, and they've all found CBD to be really beneficial.  They really do swear by it, and all of them advocate for its legalisation and accessibility in Australia.

Unfortunately, it's still mostly illegal here. It's very slowly becoming available in certain states as a strictly controlled prescription drug, but it is very expensive and also very difficult to get a script for.  Sometimes they go to fill their script only to be told there's a shortage of stock.  It's such a shame that it is still so censured  and tightly controlled, because it could help so many people.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal