collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Talk to me about slime  (Read 2937 times)

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
Re: Talk to me about slime
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2020, 02:57:32 PM »
I'm glad I never got into Lost Kitties. I was put off by a vomit related cat (my phobia) and may have picked them up otherwise. I can't touch play doh, I'm glad to hear I dodged a bullet by just not wanting that specific one...
The good news is a lot of the toys are showing up secondhand now.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2020, 06:30:08 PM »
I dont 100% get the slime and toys thing either. I can see why slime would be fun on its own, but does it have to come with every single toy?

I did buy a Poopsie Surprise out of morbid curiosity a few weeks ago, and frankly the slime that came with it wasnt even nice. It was kinda crunchy and it had little glitter stars that frankly kinda hurt. They almost seemed sharp. It didnt seem super safe for kids imo. I will say the quality of the toys in them are nice though, even if theyre a little weird! The eyes are especially gorgeous, I definitely think I would have been into those as a kid.

The Crystal Creatures you guys are posting look really appealing too. I dont like the the different parts are hidden IN the slime though. It seems like it would be so easy to throw out a part if youre not careful!

What kinda Poopsie Surprise was it? Most of them have the same consistency slime except the Cutie Tooties that come in the poop shaped containers. Those have a variety of slime types ranging from nice to awful.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Online brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2020, 09:27:52 PM »
Slime was big in the 80s too. I had some slime based playsets as a kid.

I didn't know this! I wonder if it's the same, or almost the same, formula they've been using since then.

I don’t think it is the same.  The old slime I remember was thicker and soft.  It didn’t fall apart as much either.  The new slime seems very jelly-like. 

I guess I’ve cleaned too many gross messes since growing up to think slime is cool.   :bawl:

Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2020, 12:11:20 AM »
I dont 100% get the slime and toys thing either. I can see why slime would be fun on its own, but does it have to come with every single toy?

I did buy a Poopsie Surprise out of morbid curiosity a few weeks ago, and frankly the slime that came with it wasnt even nice. It was kinda crunchy and it had little glitter stars that frankly kinda hurt. They almost seemed sharp. It didnt seem super safe for kids imo. I will say the quality of the toys in them are nice though, even if theyre a little weird! The eyes are especially gorgeous, I definitely think I would have been into those as a kid.

The Crystal Creatures you guys are posting look really appealing too. I dont like the the different parts are hidden IN the slime though. It seems like it would be so easy to throw out a part if youre not careful!

What kinda Poopsie Surprise was it? Most of them have the same consistency slime except the Cutie Tooties that come in the poop shaped containers. Those have a variety of slime types ranging from nice to awful.

Mine came in the poop shaped container, so it must have been a cutie tootsie. Lol and sounds like I was definitely at the awful end of the spectrum with my slime. Maybe I’ll pick up another one someday and see what I get!

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2020, 09:30:47 AM »
When I was a kid, I loved slime. What I didn't love was how sticky it was, because I've always had pets and their hairs tended to stick really easily to the slime, meaning I didn't get much play out of it before it would be time to throw it away.

As an adult, I'm not really bothered about it. I'd rather not have to sieve pieces of a toy through it, I'd much prefer to have it in a packet on its own.

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal